A3 2.0 TDI S-Line

MM087

Reaction score
Hi Guys

New to the forum. Currently driving a VW Scirocco

Been looking for a New A3 been offered the following and wanted your opinion

A3 2.0 TDI S-Line 3dr Manual - Glacier, SD Nav £24,000 + £399 Service Plan

A3 2.0 TDI S-Line 3dr Manual - Glacier, SD Nav, Folding Mirrors, Service Plan £24,770.54

A3 2.0 TDI S-Line 3dr Manual - Daytona, SD Nav, Comfort Pack, Service Plan £23,888.64

I was ideally after Glacier but seriously considering the Daytona. Also looking to get the rears tinted to Audi factory look to finish it on all 3. All 3 are Brand new (MY14 with the DAB etc)

Thanks

Welcome mate.............Daytona Daytona Daytona, looks great on the 8v

Not sure where you are from but where I'm from every man and his dog has a white car!!!

Reactions: PilotAudi
Welcome mate.............Daytona Daytona Daytona, looks great on the 8v

Not sure where you are from but where I'm from every man and his dog has a white car!!!

Yeh as above.......... Even poor people in Nottingham have white cars now. I was out Friday night in local town there was 8 white cars in a row outside one bar. Cars that weren't available in white have been wrapped in white. Nearly all of them had black roofs and black wheels too????

I went for black and it's a ball ache to keep clean. Go for Daytona it's nice colour. If I was picking again to order from factory I would go solar orange or lamborgreeny to be different. :)

Sean

Cheers guys

Do you know if the Auto headlights and wipers are standard on the A3 ?

Also I thought tyre pressure was to become standard as part of EU Laws or something

Do you get the Lightning cable with the new A3's ?

Auto lights and wipers come with the comfort pack. TPMS must be standard as of November 2014 so I imagine that'll come in the MY2015 model. There's no lightning cable yet.

Auto lights and wipers come with the comfort pack. TPMS must be standard as of November 2014 so I imagine that'll come in the MY2015 model. There's no lightning cable yet.

My friend at my local dealer always sends me a copy of the details he gets from Audi UK about the Model Year changes and I will make sure I post a copy of the details relating to the A3/S3.
I'm hoping they may offer the 2.0TDI-184 s-tronic Sportback in SE trim. It is available in Germany but not in the UK at the moment.

The Daytona option you've posted above looks to be the best option there. Comfort pack adds quite a few bits and is definitely worth having. Not a bad price too for the 2.0 TDI.

I went for Daytona on mine and am really pleased with it. I think it looks great and really suits the car. I do love Glacier too though so either would be stunning. White is very popular at the moment but then so is Daytona. Lots of pics of both on the forum to compare.

I think its going to be the Daytona

Unfortunately the offer for my PX isn't brilliant - approx £750 less than the Glacier with folding mirrors and the same fig difference from BMW.
Found a decent-ish type offer from a We buy any car type website so may sell but also put on eBay in the hope I get good offer for my car - retail on VW Website for 16ish but looking for 14ish or thereabouts.

On the plus side found out the Daytona A3 has ACC on it too as part of the comfort pack

I think its going to be the Daytona

Unfortunately the offer for my PX isn't brilliant - approx £750 less than the Glacier with folding mirrors and the same fig difference from BMW.
Found a decent-ish type offer from a We buy any car type website so may sell but also put on eBay in the hope I get good offer for my car - retail on VW Website for 16ish but looking for 14ish or thereabouts.

On the plus side found out the Daytona A3 has ACC on it too as part of the comfort pack

Comfort pack gives basic cruise control, not ACC so double check what you're really getting.

Think I would go with this
A3 2.0 TDI S-Line 3dr Manual - Daytona, SD Nav, Comfort Pack, Service Plan £23,888.64

Comfort pack is a great add on.
I spoke to the service dept and was advised to just pay for servicing as and when i needed it, seems to get best value you need to be doing a certain mileage to get the best from it. Its worth a quick call to a few local dealers to identify the best option for you.

Cheers guys ....

Well the salesman I was dealing with was off today so I called up and spoke to one of his colleagues who checked the system to ensure the car was still in stock and he ran through the ones he still had and the one and only one that has been built (the one we were looking at) also has the adaptive cruise control.

Just put the car on eBay £14,750 (best offer too) been offered £13,850 from a webuyanycar type place (fixed price as they have already seen the car in the flesh - knocked of £200 for the wheels to be refurbished and a couple of stone chips)

lol ... You are everywhere,

PM me on A1 Forum and I will tell the tale of the GTD :D

Reactions: TDI-line
Also do any of you know if you have the Optical Parking with the rear sensors only that come with the Comfort Pack ?

Anyone offering VCDS in Herts ?

Regarding the tyre pressure monitor option currently offered on the A3,if its to become EU law,when would this appear standard on UK cars? I am considering placing an order and wondered when this would be fitted as standard?

Yes it will become standard, probably in the 2015 model year of the A3 which starts production around week 22, where week 1 is w/c 30th December 2013. (I think).

Thing we don't know is if they will put the price of the car up across the range by the cost of the tyre pressure monitor option - my guess is they will so if you are holding off just for this then spec it and you won't loose out IMHO.

Also do any of you know if you have the Optical Parking with the rear sensors only that come with the Comfort Pack ?

Anyone offering VCDS in Herts ?

The Audi parking system, rear (7X1) is described on page 72 of the current Pricing and Specification Guide which you can download from: Brochures < Contact us < About Audi. It does not include any visual parking. To get the Acoustic and Visual parking aid you have to go for the Audi parking system plus, front and rear with selective display (7X2) again described on page 72. It cost another £250 if you already have the Comfort Package