A3 SPORTBACK and 3dr boot dimensions

sanghera

Reaction score
Hi all,

does se anybody know if the dimensions of the SPORTBACK and 3dr are the same. I ask as I have been given a sport backs boot liner and wondered if it would fit my 3dr which is on order. Cheers.

I don't think they are, the sportback boot is slightly bigger.

I don't think they are, the sportback boot is slightly bigger.

According the the dimensions given in the Price and Specification Guide the length of the 3-door boot is 770mm and the Sportback is 778mm. Most of the additional length of 58mm between the 3-door and the Sportback is in the rear passenger space.

To me the most important measurement if from the top edge of the loading cill in a horizontal line to the backrest of the rear seats and on the Sportback this is 730mm which is 40mm less than my current 8P Sportback. Bigger car but smaller luggage area.

Thanks for for the reply. As you are very informative I would just like to confirm that with some persuasion the bootliner given to me may just about fit?

According the the dimensions given in the Price and Specification Guide the length of the 3-door boot is 770mm and the Sportback is 778mm. Most of the additional length of 58mm between the 3-door and the Sportback is in the rear passenger space.

To me the most important measurement if from the top edge of the loading cill in a horizontal line to the backrest of the rear seats and on the Sportback this is 730mm which is 40mm less than my current 8P Sportback. Bigger car but smaller luggage area.

My 8V was only ordered after I made sure the dog crate would fit in (only just) in the middle of an Audi showroom, not as much room as my previous 8P?

I think the boot is bigger than in the 8P in terms of capacity, perhaps just a different shape

I think the boot is bigger than in the 8P in terms of capacity, perhaps just a different shape

Overall capacity is larger but depth is about 4cm shorter, some suitcases I have that fitted nicely in my 8P no longer fit in lengthways in my 8V