Adaptive headlights with xenon plus

Dylock

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got the opportunity to order another 8v so am considering a few extra options.

I have the high beam assist and quite like it. I'm looking at ordering the adaptive headlights but you can't have the two together, does anyone know why? Or is it already on them?

Cheers

I think it's because the adaptive headlights have the varioX hella internals that allow the headlights to move fully electronically by movingly the lens up down left and right (rather than standard xenon that uses a bulb with shutter to do dip/full beam). This then needs to be coupled with the front facing camera to get variable beam assist which is like high beam assist but doesn't 'step' like hba.

To get the front facing camera you need to be ordering lane assist though I think...

Ah well looks like I won't be having the high beam assist. Thanks for the info

I'm also adding adaptive cruise control and Audi connect (got a SIM card in iPad which I rarely use so may as well put it to use)

Yup, no real reason except I got a phone call from my salesman (a friend) with an offer I could not refuse.

Exactly the same with the above added. And also it's on a 14 plate instead of a 13.

Like I say it was an offer that I could not refuse :)

All I know is my wallet is happy :)

I did think about led but it's a big jump in price and would like the payments to not go up a lot.

I did mean 13-14 as I got my s3 in early August, still a mystery as to why it was so quick but I didn't complain ;) I believe it was the first customer s3 in the country or at least one of.