DPF Regen so soon?

snakehips

Reaction score
I've only had the car 2 days, 100 miles on the clock, just did a 6 mile drive and a regen kicked in when I stopped. I had not expected this so soon so can more experienced people assure me that this is still normal?

Yeh - I mostly don't notice mine, but I think the car just does them when it thinks it has a chance. Have had 4 times or so when it's been caught out as I stopped the car mid-regen, about once a month that happens.

I've only had the car 2 days, 100 miles on the clock, just did a 6 mile drive and a regen kicked in when I stopped. I had not expected this so soon so can more experienced people assure me that this is still normal?

But how many hours has the engine already been running before you got it. It will have been run to test the engine after production, after it had been fitted in the car, some cars are tested more than others at the end of the final assembly of the car. Out of the factory, on to the train, off the train to the parking area, from the parking area onto the ship, off the ship and into a parking area. On to the transporter, off the transporter to the dealers parking area, into the workshop for the PDI, test at the end of the PDI, back to the parking area. All of these will be at relatively slow speed and probably not enough to start a re-gen. Yours is likely to be the first one the engine has ever had from new.

I must admit I have had two A3s fitted with a DPF, one 140 and one 170 and I have never noticed a re-gen on either of them. No doubt it has happened but I've never been aware of it.

Reactions: CHEZ
Nothing to worry about, mine done 2 regens in the first month and have only noticed one since then.