JMB RetrofitsMonster Motorsport
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By h5djr

Thread: DPF Regen so soon?

3rd Gear

Status

DPF Regen so soon?

I've only had the car 2 days, 100 miles on the clock, just did a 6 mile drive and a regen kicked in when I stopped. I had not expected this so soon so can more experienced people assure me that this is still normal?
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Yeh - I mostly don't notice mine, but I think the car just does them when it thinks it has a chance. Have had 4 times or so when it's been caught out as I stopped the car mid-regen, about once a month that happens.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Quote Originally Posted by snakehips View Post
    I've only had the car 2 days, 100 miles on the clock, just did a 6 mile drive and a regen kicked in when I stopped. I had not expected this so soon so can more experienced people assure me that this is still normal?
    But how many hours has the engine already been running before you got it. It will have been run to test the engine after production, after it had been fitted in the car, some cars are tested more than others at the end of the final assembly of the car. Out of the factory, on to the train, off the train to the parking area, from the parking area onto the ship, off the ship and into a parking area. On to the transporter, off the transporter to the dealers parking area, into the workshop for the PDI, test at the end of the PDI, back to the parking area. All of these will be at relatively slow speed and probably not enough to start a re-gen. Yours is likely to be the first one the engine has ever had from new.

I must admit I have had two A3s fitted with a DPF, one 140 and one 170 and I have never noticed a re-gen on either of them. No doubt it has happened but I've never been aware of it.
    CHEZ likes this.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

5th Gear

Status
    Nothing to worry about, mine done 2 regens in the first month and have only noticed one since then.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.