Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fragup

Thread: Panorama Roof and heat

Neutral

Status

Panorama Roof and heat

I have ordered an S3 with the panorama roof. Today I had my first sit inside an A3 with the roof. I did this because I wanted to be sure that it didn't impinge into my head space (it doesn't), but what struck me was the perforated blind, rather than a "normal" sliding bit of solid stuff.

Admittedly it was a warm Sydney summer day (34C) but the heat coming through that blind was impressive.

Does anyone from a warm climate (that probably wipes out most of the forum, sorry chaps) have any experience of this roof. How does it work in practice. I am torn on this as I really want the roof, but I really dont want to cook in the car.

help please.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    We've taken Audis with Pan Roof to SW France and Spain with no real issues. 40 degrees c 100+f is too hot in any car. No real concerns . Great option!!
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

Neutral

Status
    Cheers, sounds like a pretty good test. We also get the 40s a few times a year, and I didn't want my cranial contents to melt, can't afford it.

Neutral

Status
    I can only comment on using the Pano roof in the cool (cold) British autumn / winter - and it's been great so far. I was in an Mercedes-Benz E-Class saloon driving in the 45 degree heat in Dubai earlier in the year and that had a full-length pano-roof with a very similar textile blind to one in the A3. With the blind closed, didn't feel any warmer than in any other car so I wouldn't worry. The A3's pano roof is also quite heavily tinted so even with the blind slid back, heat coming through shouldn't be too intense.
    Collected: Audi A3 8V Sportback 1.8 TFSI S-Tronic S-Line. Ice Silver, Alu Roof Rails, Audi Side Assist, B&O Audio, Comfort Pack (w/ACC, Parking System Plus & Park Assist), Sports Suspension, Elec Folding Mirrors, Ext Interior Mono-Pur, Fine Nappa Seats, Heated Front Seats, Hill Hold Assist, Interior Light Package, Non-Smoking Package, Pano Glass Sunroof, Privacy Glass, Reversing Camera, Technology Package, Load-Through System, Tyre Pressure Monitor. 4 Year Warranty

2nd Gear

Status

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by James Chr View Post
    I have ordered an S3 with the panorama roof. Today I had my first sit inside an A3 with the roof. I did this because I wanted to be sure that it didn't impinge into my head space (it doesn't), but what struck me was the perforated blind, rather than a "normal" sliding bit of solid stuff.Admittedly it was a warm Sydney summer day (34C) but the heat coming through that blind was impressive. Does anyone from a warm climate (that probably wipes out most of the forum, sorry chaps) have any experience of this roof. How does it work in practice. I am torn on this as I really want the roof, but I really dont want to cook in the car.help please.
    Hi, yes agree I have pano and am 6'3" and it doesn't impede head room at all, if any thing it is better than without pano roof especially with the blind back, as this is not always the case with some cars. With respect to the heat,I am in very south of England so won't get hot till early next summer,but the Pano is quite heavily tinted and looks black from outside so I guess that will help a lot, the air con seams good as well so I doubt will be an issue, but would love the chance to check for myself as can only guess at the moment !!!
    PilotAudi likes this.
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.