Panorama Roof and heat

James Chr

Reaction score
I have ordered an S3 with the panorama roof. Today I had my first sit inside an A3 with the roof. I did this because I wanted to be sure that it didn't impinge into my head space (it doesn't), but what struck me was the perforated blind, rather than a "normal" sliding bit of solid stuff.

Admittedly it was a warm Sydney summer day (34C) but the heat coming through that blind was impressive.

Does anyone from a warm climate (that probably wipes out most of the forum, sorry chaps) have any experience of this roof. How does it work in practice. I am torn on this as I really want the roof, but I really dont want to cook in the car.

help please.

We've taken Audis with Pan Roof to SW France and Spain with no real issues. 40 degrees c 100+f is too hot in any car. No real concerns . Great option!!

Cheers, sounds like a pretty good test. We also get the 40s a few times a year, and I didn't want my cranial contents to melt, can't afford it.

I can only comment on using the Pano roof in the cool (cold) British autumn / winter - and it's been great so far. I was in an Mercedes-Benz E-Class saloon driving in the 45 degree heat in Dubai earlier in the year and that had a full-length pano-roof with a very similar textile blind to one in the A3. With the blind closed, didn't feel any warmer than in any other car so I wouldn't worry. The A3's pano roof is also quite heavily tinted so even with the blind slid back, heat coming through shouldn't be too intense.

I have ordered an S3 with the panorama roof. Today I had my first sit inside an A3 with the roof. I did this because I wanted to be sure that it didn't impinge into my head space (it doesn't), but what struck me was the perforated blind, rather than a "normal" sliding bit of solid stuff.Admittedly it was a warm Sydney summer day (34C) but the heat coming through that blind was impressive. Does anyone from a warm climate (that probably wipes out most of the forum, sorry chaps) have any experience of this roof. How does it work in practice. I am torn on this as I really want the roof, but I really dont want to cook in the car.help please.
Hi, yes agree I have pano and am 6'3" and it doesn't impede head room at all, if any thing it is better than without pano roof especially with the blind back, as this is not always the case with some cars. With respect to the heat,I am in very south of England so won't get hot till early next summer,but the Pano is quite heavily tinted and looks black from outside so I guess that will help a lot, the air con seams good as well so I doubt will be an issue, but would love the chance to check for myself as can only guess at the moment !!!

Reactions: PilotAudi