A1 Quattro gear knob, does it fit?

A3L

Reaction score
Does a gear knob from the Audi A1 Quattro fit in a A3 8V (2.0TDI)?

PN: 8X0863278J QQX

audi-a1-quattro-pq25-uk-9.jpg

That looks cool. I'd expect it would no problems.

That looks like the one i have on my s3 8v. Edit: In fact it is but i dont know if the bits underneath are the same but the look is exactly the same as mine.

A1 5-speed gearbox (production 06/12 - 11/12): 8X0863278H -QQX (gaiter in black with black stitching) -XBA (gaiter in black leather with silver stitching) -ZDP (gaiter in black leather with alabaster white stitching) A1 5-speed gearbox (production 12/12 - ): 8X0863278R -QQX (gaiter in black with black stitching) -XBA (gaiter in black leather with silver stitching) -ZDP (gaiter in black leather with alabaster white stitching) A1 6-speed gearbox (production 03/12 - 11/12): 8X0863278J -HVI (gaiter in black with red stitching), -QQX (gaiter in black with black stitching) -XBA (gaiter in black leather with silver stitching) -ZDP (gaiter in black leather with alabaster white stitching) A1 6-speed gearbox (production 12/12 - ): 8X0863278Q -QQX (gaiter in black with black stitching) -XBA (gaiter in black leather with silver stitching) -ZDP (gaiter in black leather with alabaster white stitching) Part No's courtesy of .... The Audi A1 Forum • View topic - Aluminium sports gear knob (quattro)

On the audi configurator there is also an option for Aluminium gear knob. That is the knob Battlekrapz has.

Someone got the partnumber of this knob?

Reactions: Battlekrapz
How much would one of these cost? Any idea if they'd fit an A4 B8?

Did you placed the knob yourself (retrofit?) Or did you added the option from factory?

It was added from factory. I checked my bill but theres no code for the gear knob on it.

I found an aluminium knob in the parts list. Can someone confirm that this is the knob that i mentioned in the first post?

A3 aluminium knob? : 8V0863278G

When you compare it to the A1 quattro knob part number (8X0863278J), you can see that the numbers quite match.