LHD Sunblind

Silky-S3

Is loving his new 8V S3!
Reaction score
Anyone got the part number for the LHD drivers sun blind (in black). Want to get rid of that horrid airbag warning sticker!

Cheers

With LED internal lighting if it matters.

Must get ETKA!

Thanks but it looks like that only has 8P S3

I thought they were removable??? Surely they aren't a permanent feature!!

Same here! I need the PN too, its so ugly..

Yer, come on guys. Who has the latest ETKA?

I was watching one on eBay a while ago. Here you go. Hope it's the one you want

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 479
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 420
Reactions: Silky-S3
I need the RHD one :lmfao: Cant we switch Silky-a3? (Netherlands)

Then you got 2 nice yellow sunblinds!

Reactions: PilotAudi
I would mate, but I want a new one, not used :)

According to my copy of ETKA FT9 is a colour called Moon Silver presumably for the Silver headlining. 7C0 is Soul (black) presumably for S-Line black headlining and the UK price is £73.40.
This is all from a copy of ETKA updated on 2 December 2013.

According to my copy of ETKA FT9 is a colour called Moon Silver presumably for the Silver headlining. 7C0 is Soul (black) presumably for S-Line black headlining and the UK price is £73.40.This is all from a copy of ETKA updated on 2 December 2013.
Great, can you confirm the LHD drivers part number in black?

We need one of our LHD cousins to put their chassis number into ETKA and see what part number is spits out for the visor.

Maybe a Group purchase of 'virgin' left side sun visors is called for!!

Reactions: Itguy
We need one of our LHD cousins to put their chassis number into ETKA and see what part number is spits out for the visor.
Yer good call. We got any LHD on here?

How do you differentiate the RHD lh (with sticker) from the LHD lh ( no sticker)?

It is possible, I think, in ETKA because next to the part numbers are what are called PR codes. These are the codes that appear on the stickers in the service book and in the luggage area of the car which tell you the options etc fitted to the car. There are a series of these codes that indicated what language the sticker is printed in. Obviously it is possible to determine from these which are for LHD and which for RHD. Hopefully it is also possible to work out which one have no stickers at all.I also need to find confirmation on the program what it means by Left and Right. Is it sitting in the car or looking from the front.

I will have another look later in the day. As far as putting in a VIN number to get ETKA to tell you the part number used on a particular car, this only works if you are an Audi dealer with a connection to Audi's central computer system.

Reactions: Silky-S3
Thanks. Let us know what you find :)

Spotted the issue in a loaner S3 we had earlier today. if a cheapish fix isn't available I wonder if a patch of suitable sticky back plastic might do the trick. Not ideal but way better than looking at the airbag sticker which indeed looks to be a permanent feature. What can a visor cost £25-30?? Just spotted post hash 21... £75 not sure I hate it that much!!

Spotted the issue in a loaner S3 we had earlier today. if a cheapish fix isn't available I wonder if a patch of suitable sticky back plastic might do the trick. Not ideal but way better than looking at the airbag sticker which indeed looks to be a permanent feature. What can a visor cost £25-30?? Just spotted post hash 21... £75 not sure I hate it that much!!
Agree After seeing this thread i noticed the sticker more today, i can live with it though, but if a cheap cover up alternative is available i will probably use it...£75 seems a bit steep to be what is essentially removing a sticker...

Any mods reading this - the forum is not letting me split my posts up into smaller and easier to read sections, nothing worse than when someone writes a big post all in one paragraph, i usually just skip them

Thanks. Let us know what you find :)

Well if my assumptions are correct I have a part number. As I think I said earlier their is a PR code of 0LA which means "no special stickers/labels" as opposed to the codes 0LB-Z which mean spec.labels/stickers/safety certificate for... USA, CDN, D, F etc

I have also assumed that the one described as for the Left means the Left as you are sitting in the car looking through the windscreen, then the Visor for the Left that also has the 0LA code against it is: 8V0 857 551 C with the extra code of 7C0 for Soul (black) for the black headlining and FT9 Moon Silver for the Silver headlining. This part is listed in ETKA as £61.17 +20%vat giving a total of £73.40. If someone can find a dealer prepared to supply a 'job' lot' for less it would be a good thing.

I have put a post on the forum of the site in the US that supplies my copy of ETKA and all the updates to see if my assumptions are correct. As soon as I get a reply I will post again.

Reactions: swc316, Anarch, mjcourtney and 2 others
Fantastic work Dave! Awesome. Let us know when you have final confirmation and ill pop down to my dealer.

Reactions: PilotAudi
Fantastic work Dave! Awesome. Let us know when you have final confirmation and ill pop down to my dealer.

I have just received the following information from the ETKA forum...

It should be noted that the descriptions - front - rear - left - right - are always as seen in normal direction of travel. if a
genuine part has both left and right-hand versions, the uneven number generally refers to the left part, the successive even number at the end refers to the right-hand part.

So it seems my assumptions were right (no pun intended) and therefore the part number is the correct one. If you do go to a dealer please get them to check as well as spending £70 and getting the wrong one would not be a good idea!!

Folks, just wondered if any of you are any further forward with the visor situation?

Folks, just wondered if any of you are any further forward with the visor situation?

Not sure if this helps but Australian A3s (RHD) have visors on the left hand side with no warning stickers - you might be able to order one from here (might not like the price though).

Reactions: RichardT
I'm not that bothered about it any more - the warning notices haven't caught my eyes a single time while driving. It's only when I actually look for them that I see them, they just don't bother me, so I won't bother trying replace mine any more.

I'm not that bothered about it any more - the warning notices haven't caught my eyes a single time while driving. It's only when I actually look for them that I see them, they just don't bother me, so I won't bother trying replace mine any more.

At £73 each the sunblinds are quite expensive.

That certainly helps in deciding anyway!

Reactions: slinemfc