Volks AutosEM Tuning
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cemerson

Thread: ACC Segments around speedo

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status

ACC Segments around speedo

Why is it you sometime get 2 lit up segments around the speedo when using ACC? I understand the higher one is the target speed buts what's the lower one for (that's not always there).
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    hmm...could that be the speed of the car front of you? (if it's slower than you are driving or speed you want the acc to have)

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Don't think its that. It seems to be linked to pressing the set button.
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

Neutral

Status
    Ok...could it just be that when you set the speed its just between those segments? I'm just guessing here...

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    I think it might when you set a speed that is not exactly on a segment. So it lights both of them next to each other.

Build Thread Here!

5th Gear

Status
    I know I can't wait to have ACC, my drive to Birmingham this morning was very tedious stop-go M6 traffic, a right PITA. Roll on March
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

6th Gear

Status
    Yep, it only happens when you first press set and the speed falls in between 2 of the values. Pressing the stalk up or down will choose one speed or the other.
    Silky-S3 likes this.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

6th Gear

Status
    I think the standard cruise control allows you to pick speeds in 1mph increments, so would also show 2 segments when scrolling up or down, but ACC just changes the speed by 1 segment at a time instead (not really necessary to be so precise with it), so 2.5mph / 5mph depending on which part of the speedo you are on!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

5th Gear

Status
    Although the standard cruise control allows you to choose 1mph increments it doesn't have any leds or segments on the dials. It just displays your chosen speed in the DIS.
    Last edited by mjcourtney; 11th December 2013 at 12:23.
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

6th Gear

Status
    Ah, didn't know that!

I'm sure I've seen the ACC LEDs set up so they do a 'sweep' alongside the needles before, wonder if you get this automatically with needle sweep, or if it's a different setting?

5th Gear

Status
    I'm not sure I can see any LEDs around the speedo, so I wonder whether you get different clocks if you spec ACC over normal cruise?
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    The LED are very visible. Also looks great when stageing at switch on! I bet they are different clocks.

Build Thread Here!

Neutral

Status
    Which reminds me of a question which passed my mind a few days ago: Is the speedo on a car without ACC also non-linear? On an ACC speedo, the LED segments below 40 MPH occur at 2.5 MPH intervals, so the spacing between 30-40 on the dial is about twice that between 40-50. Is that true on the standard speedo too?
    Audi A3 Sportback Sport 1.8 TFSI S-Tronic, MY14, Scuba Blue, 15-spoke 17" alloys, Comfort Pack with ACC, Interior Lighting Pack, Audi Sound System.

6th Gear

Status
    I would guess so - it's a property of the speedo rather than of the cruise control.

2nd Gear

Status
    I can't remember where the increments step-change but the speedo on my standard cruise control car (non ACC) is not linear either.

...and confirming a previous post; no speedo LEDs just cruise control set speed displayed digitally in the DIS.

John.
    Enjoying my 8V