Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

Audi connect question

Hi

I write from Italy and I congratulate you for the wonderful forum

I'm going to order an A3 sportback 1.8 TFSI Quattro Stronic and I wanted to put the optional Audi connect, but the dealership did not seem very safe and the responses they give me.
    I ask those who have the 'it ..... but you can also call putting a sim that over the data service also works as a phone?
    Today I own an A4 TFSI Quattro Av Stronic and putting in the MMI navigation plus a second sim, it becomes a car phone in all respects without bluetooht and using the external antennza, improving the signal and resetting the electromagnetic waves inside the cockpit.

As an alternative to the A3 c 'is the audi phone box ... that is connected to an external antenna via planar should simulate what I just described. (Less Sar and best signal) for 700 € ... but honestly I do not understand much utility except that the reduction Sar.

thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Sera.

Where in Italia?

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Sera.

Where in Italia?
    Ciao
    Turin

6th Gear

Status
    At least in my version, you can use the inserted sim card for data and phone if you want, or data only (with phone being over bluetooth)
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dtax View Post
    Ciao
    Turin
    Torino, ah ok, inglese bene, benvenuto.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    At least in my version, you can use the inserted sim card for data and phone if you want, or data only (with phone being over bluetooth)
    Hi and thanks for the reply.

But if I have the audi connect with the sim for the phone, bluetooth audi phone box and I do not need more or not?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Torino, ah ok, inglese bene, benvenuto.
    Sorry for my bad English. :-)
    thanks

6th Gear

Status
    You cannot order the Audi phone box with Connect, at least not in the UK. Pretty sure it would be the same everywhere though.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Reverse Gear

Status
    You cannot order the Audi phone box with Connect, at least not in the UK. Pretty sure it would be the same everywhere though.
    I'd be happy if I can connect with audi call from sim
    If so I do not need bluetooth connection for phone calls.
    But with Audi connect, the sim has an external antenna for phone calls?

6th Gear

Status
    Yes, there's an external antenna. It can use the SIM in the glove box, or your phone through the bluetooth remote sim access protocol (RSAP), which essentially does the same thing but with the sim in your phone instead.

5th Gear

Status
    Isn't RSAP deleted from the spec since the brought in 4g compatibility?
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    Isn't RSAP deleted from the spec since the brought in 4g compatibility?
    i'm sure I read that too, apparently LTE was introduced in Italy in late 2012 (according to google at least) so one would assume that The Italian version of Audi Connect is LTE compatible as a matter of course, might be worth checking though.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Yes, there's an external antenna. It can use the SIM in the glove box, or your phone through the bluetooth remote sim access protocol (RSAP), which essentially does the same thing but with the sim in your phone instead.

Hi Cemerson

So it works as a car phone in my A4 TFSI, just have a second Sim card that supports both 3g/4g and voice telephony.
    At this point, you no longer need the 'AUDI PHONE BOX P to have less radiation Sar.
    Right?

6th Gear

Status
    The phone box's main purpose is to boost the signal by using the car's external aerial. If you use the SIM card in the car (or RSAP over bluetooth - although not available any more it seems) it'll do that anyway.

Reverse Gear

Status
    The phone box's main purpose is to boost the signal by using the car's external aerial. If you use the SIM card in the car (or RSAP over bluetooth - although not available any more it seems) it'll do that anyway.
    Cemerson I thank you and I go to Audi to make me confirm what you said, since according to the Italian audi audi connect you can not call. I'm confused.