Fuse holder location

h5djr

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
On my current 2012 8P Sportback the main fuse holder is accessed by removing the panel at the driver's end on the dash.

Can someone with a new 8V tell me either from looking at the car or from the Owner's Manual tell me how you access it of the new model. Thnaks.

On my current 2012 8P Sportback the main fuse holder is accessed by removing the panel at the driver's end on the dash.

Can someone with a new 8V tell me either from looking at the car or from the Owner's Manual tell me how you access it of the new model. Thnaks.
Just call your friendly Audi Tech.:uhm:

I have illustrations of the panel that needs to be removed in my copy of ElsaWin, but it only shows the setup for a LHD car. There is a panel that pulls down next to the steering column, which seems quite easy to get to. I wondered if it was the same for a RHD car but from the comments it seems that the fuse holders stays where it is as is accessed through the back of the glovebox. Not very easy at all, especially compared with my existing A3. I just wanted to confirm this.

I would need to access this in order to get a live feed for a TomTom Sat Nav and it's a matter of deciding if this is possible or would I have to go for the built-in Sat/Nav which does not really give me what I want ie Speed Camera locations.

I have seen a way of getting a feed from the fuse box to the other end of the dash on a Golf GTi forum but it seems to indicate that you have to release two catches to allow the whole of the glovebox to drop to get access to the fuses. Fortunately fuses don't seem to go very often on a modern car.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Reactions: snowfree52