Look what I found........

Leeber

Reaction score
I've been following the discussion on Mono.pur with a great deal of interest and am really struggling to decide whether or not to add it to my order. Anyhow, in order to refresh my memory of the car's interior I popped into my local dealership to see one "in the tin" so to speak and this is what greeted me........

Now I know it's not to everyone's taste but personally, I loved it. There's only two reasons for why I'm not spec'ing this on my car, I can't afford to and it'd be harder to sell.

Reactions: NewAudiOwner, 97catalunya, Lmg and 4 others
Great colour.
Wouldn't ever own it though.

Must have roof bars.

Not to everyone's taste but reminds me of:

look-at-me_o_2226449.webp

Reactions: pat15312, Lmg and Leeber
At least you'd be on the inside so not having to look at it!

That's pretty horrible IMO, why would you want a car themed on vomit or radioactive waste?!

Reactions: Acri16
Now I know it's not to everyone's taste but personally, I loved it. There's only two reasons for why I'm not spec'ing this on my car, I can't afford to and it'd be harder to sell.

Was a similar coloured 8P S3 in my local dealers back in March that they could not shift and were planning on getting it resprayed..nuff said!

Reactions: cemerson
Nice colour and at least someone out there know how to make a car less boring and more interesting. Even makes an estate car worth having...

I'd buy it!

but then I do have a phoenix yellow m3 that is very marmite to people , and my a3 is boring black !

Sean

Must go and have a look. Did it have "Mono.pur" ????
Ordered my car from here.

Must go and have a look. Did it have "Mono.pur" ????
Ordered my car from here.

No it didn't, to be fair I wasn't expecting it to I just wanted to have a good look at the quality of the bits that would be covered by the Mono.pur package.

I wondered about the Quattro sticker too, just assumed it was part of the privacy glass package, which I haven't ordered either.

Weirdly enough I actually quite like the green, especially with the dark tints and alloys. However,. I'd never spec that colour

Didn't realise the spoiler was that deep... Didn't stand out in the one I test drove - at the risk of sounding like a boy racer... I like, it's just right

If you like the quattro sticker go into any vinyl cutting company, the quarto logo is freely available online, and get one cut, shouldn't be any more than £10

On the pp ... If anyone has P 1 LOT I'll give you £50 for it...

I remember reading on pprune a few years ago that P1LOT went for several thousand quid. No idea who to though.

edit: just had a look, apparently it was 66k. Interestingly, while I was looking I stumbled across this gem:

X-QUORK
16th Apr 2002, 16:55
IMHO, you're a bit of an AR 5E 0LE if you need to have personalized numberplates to feel good about yourself.

Now where have I seen that before?

Last edited:
Reactions: PilotAudi
What S3 spec did you go for?

Just winding you up Craig, I know you have rails. :kiss:
But that said, are you saying that S3's are above criticism from A3 plebs, or is it that the forum rules state that we may only comment on cars of the same spec that we own?

Reactions: Charding
Just winding you up Craig, I know you have rails. :kiss:
But that said, are you saying that S3's are above criticism from A3 plebs, or is it that the forum rules state that we may only comment on cars of the same spec that we own?

I didn't say anything like that, however it's how you have interpreted it.
Don't feel so inferior, be happy with what you have and I'm sure you are.

All us S3 owners have is the cheapest/lowest model version of Audi's second tier (of two) of their sports brands, most of us are not high and mighty or overly boisterous about superiority, nor should we be.

Nice thing about Audis is they are generally not flash and blend in.. adding stuff to draw attention spoils it for me.

Reactions: Battlekrapz and Daveotto
I agree for the most part. Most people are attracted by the understated elegance of the brand. Whilst I would probably never have the courage or inclination to buy or drive a car in that colour I can't help admiring the bold, even brash statement that it makes. Also, even though I feel guilty for it, I love the colour. The forty something in me is saying "get a grip son, it's a drug dealer/pimp's car" but my inner boy racer is falling to his knees in worship.

Last edited:
Says A3 Sportback, wonder if the S3 doesn't stand out enough that the factory just stuck an A3 plate on it?

Says A3 Sportback, wonder if the S3 doesn't stand out enough that the factory just stuck an A3 plate on it?

Dealer/Show plates I reckon..

Nice standard S3 18in wheels too.. not an option on any other model ;-)

Dealer/Show plates I reckon..

Nice standard S3 18in wheels too.. not an option on any other model ;-)

Got my alloys fitted yesterday, gonna upload some pics after cleaning the car tomorrow, so it may be advisable for you to not log on here tomorrow...

They look the business!

Do you want to sell the ones you've taken off? Serious question.

I've been following the discussion on Mono.pur with a great deal of interest and am really struggling to decide whether or not to add it to my order. Anyhow, in order to refresh my memory of the car's interior I popped into my local dealership to see one "in the tin" so to speak and this is what greeted me........

[URL="http://s966.photobucket.com/user/Leeber2/media/image_zps9bf8e91d.jpg.html"]

Wow-----Love the colour------just the job for us senior citizens :racer: , will be difficult to misplace in the car park !!!.

Reactions: BGS
Got to say that looks amazing i really like it, although I would never have the balls to order it myself!!
And the wife would probably divorce me if I parked that on the drive