Chris NottAH Fabrications
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Look what I found........

Neutral

Status
    Gorgeous!! And would make a cheap secondhand deal when they fail to shift it a couple of years down the line.

I'm still waiting to see a Solar Orange one...

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    I want the Quattro sticker, where's that from ?
    Audi Stickers: audi decals, quattro graphics, audi dope < looks like this company can make some up at a reasonable price, choice of size / colour

Reverse Gear

Status
    Sorry new here...... Just about to change my order colour.....I'd buy that car with my spec......it's a great colour

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Satdiver View Post
    Sorry new here...... Just about to change my order colour.....I'd buy that car with my spec......it's a great colour
    Do it!!! Do it!!!

I think it's an awesome colour but don't have the balls to order it myself, or the extra £2000, I'll stick with Estoril.
    Here at last: MY14 S3 Sportback, Manual, Estoril Blue, Rails, SS Seats, LED Headlights, Interior LED pack, Privacy glass, Comfort pack, Audi Sound System, Black Inlays.
    Just gone: MY13 Audi TT 2.0 TDI Quattro Amplified Black Edition, Misano Red, Privacy glass, Sat nav
    Previous : MY12 A3 2.0TDI Quattro Black Edition, Misano Red, Bose, Full Leather, Privacy glass

3rd Gear

Status
    Personally don't understand buying an audi, which for me is all about understated class, and then painting it bright green! Save it for Fords and Vauxhalls IMHO
    PilotAudi likes this.
    S3 Saloon S-Tronic. Panther Black. Tech Pack, Super-sports seats, LED Lights, Comfort pack with Adaptive Cruise and parking plus, Folding mirrors, Bang and Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy glass, Tyre sensor, Boot Mat

Previously 2.0TSi VW Scirocco

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Joetidman View Post
    Personally don't understand buying an audi, which for me is all about understated class, and then painting it bright green! Save it for Fords and Vauxhalls IMHO
    Yes sticking anything poseresque on an Audi rather spoils the effect.
    Joetidman likes this.
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by visionthing View Post
    Audi Stickers: audi decals, quattro graphics, audi dope < looks like this company can make some up at a reasonable price, choice of size / colour
    Thank you, ordered my sticker - think it looks cool

5th Gear

Status
    Yep, I fancy one of those in my back window. I'm thinking 600mm in anthracite to go with a phantom black sportback with tinted windows

Want to keep it really subtle
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    Yep, I fancy one of those in my back window. I'm thinking 600mm in anthracite to go with a phantom black sportback with tinted windows

Want to keep it really subtle
    Also took 600 mm

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieterw View Post
    Also took 600 mm
    I think that should be a good size.

If anyone wants a 1,000 mm one in silver let me know, I ordered one a little too big - It just fits but covers right across the entire back window. Free to good home.

I was going to put it on my wife's Q5 and wonder when she would actually notice, then again that would open up another can of worms about never looking in the rear view mirror.
    S3 Sportback, Estoril blue, S-Tronic. Lunar Silver Nappa, comfort pack, shiny rails, privacy, SD card nav, hill hold, high beam assist, interior light package, folding/dimming/dipping mirrors

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Andy1608's Youtube Channel
    Well I love the colour. Maybe a little biased though ha ha

6th Gear

Status
    Frog colour not pour moi...

Sticker... Jury is out. ;-)
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

1st Gear

Status
    Absolutely love it,

Neutral

Status
    Not really seen an exclusive one I liked to make me think that it looked "exclusive" enough for the price but I am getting quite attached to the really dark green "tiefgrun" the more I look at it, sort of reminds me of the old Lotus Carlton colour of imperial green that looked black at certain angles.

1st Gear

Status
    There's a few custom colours I wouldn't mind

Midnight purple been one of them

2nd Gear

Status
    Would look better in 3 door. Just like all s3's really.

Audi S3 8P3 / REVO Stage 1 / REVO Ceramic Intake / Revo PCV Revamp / NGK Iridium Spark Plugs / Philips Diamond Vision 5000k Fog Light Bulbs /
    KW V3 Coilovers / Team HEKO Wind Deflectors / Bridgestone Potenza S001 92Y Tyres / Complete LED Bulb Conversion (int' + ext') / Ashtray Delete /
    TTS Engine Cover / Alpine 928r Multimedia Station (8in screen) with integrated Bluetooth, Sat Nav etc / Ross-Tech VCDS Owner.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3_trev View Post
    Would look better in 3 door. Just like all s3's really.
    Wrong. 3rd best looking version of the S3 is the 3 door.
    IMO.

1st Gear

Status
    1st sport back
    2nd saloon
    3rd 3dr

1st Gear

Status
    Interesting...mine would be 1st 3dr, 2nd Saloon, 3rd Sportback.
    A3 8V 1.8T 6 speed 3 door S line - Daytona Grey. Interior lighting pack, privacy glass, comfort pack, electric folding heated dimming door mirrors, tyre pressure monitor, electric lumbar support, cruise control, acoustic parking system rear, B&O sound system.

1st Gear

Status
    And i absolutely love that Java green nice and different

5th Gear

Status
    I personally think the 3dr is the worst of all 4 8v shapes - the cabrio is a nice car.

Mine would go

1. Saloon
    2. SB
    3. Cabrio
    4. 3dr

Only didn't buy a saloon because of the dog!
    cuke2u and Joetidman like this.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

6th Gear

Status
    1. SB
    2.3dr
    3. Cab
    4. saloon

Didn't want a saloon as SB is the best design IMHO and I don't do dogging!!
    Louay likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    But the SB is best for dogging no?!

1st Gear

Status
    Any more pics of them in java green or anyone got one in West Yorkshire, would like to see one in the flesh

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigI View Post
    Wrong. 3rd best looking version of the S3 is the 3 door.
    IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_fr200 View Post
    1st sport back
    2nd saloon
    3rd 3dr
    lol guys seriously? What age are you? Do you have children? As those are the only 2 things I can think of that could possibly make someone choose SB over a 3 door. 3 door is the epitome of hot hatch, with the 3 door s3 being the ultimate hot hatch in my eyes. When you add extra doors it just waters that down and turns it into a boring family car. I honestly cringe even just looking at a SB s3, its just wrong. Just my own 2 cents on the subject. Not meaning to offend the SB drivers, each to their own and all that.
    Last edited by s3_trev; 1st January 2014 at 17:16.

Audi S3 8P3 / REVO Stage 1 / REVO Ceramic Intake / Revo PCV Revamp / NGK Iridium Spark Plugs / Philips Diamond Vision 5000k Fog Light Bulbs /
    KW V3 Coilovers / Team HEKO Wind Deflectors / Bridgestone Potenza S001 92Y Tyres / Complete LED Bulb Conversion (int' + ext') / Ashtray Delete /
    TTS Engine Cover / Alpine 928r Multimedia Station (8in screen) with integrated Bluetooth, Sat Nav etc / Ross-Tech VCDS Owner.

3rd Gear

Status
    lol guys seriously? What age are you? Do you have children? As those are the only 2 things I can think of that could possibly make someone choose SB over a 3 door. 3 door is the epitome of hot hatch, with the 3 door s3 being the ultimate hot hatch in my eyes. When you add extra doors it just waters that down and turns it into a boring family car. I honestly cringe even just looking at a SB s3, its just wrong. Just my own 2 cents on the subject.
    That's why they decided to make the 3dr RS3 yeah? with the official line being that the company reckons a three-door version would offer limited practicality gains over the (supposedly) dynamically sharper TT-RS. So what's there to suggest that Audi's view wouldn't change when the next RS3 is released, arguably the ultimate hot hatch?
    Last edited by Louay; 1st January 2014 at 17:45.

1st Gear

Status
    I'm 30yr old and have an 11 month old,

But I prefer the looks of the sportback

3rd Gear

Status
    For me

1. Saloon
    2. Cabrio
    3. 3 door
    4. SB

However, they are all good looking cars. I think there seems to be a view on this forum that body shapes etc are all marmite, love or hate, it's a bit bizarre. Yes I prefer the saloon shaped S3 but that doesn't mean I think the SB is sh!t! I think they are all obviously closely related and thus share a lot of (good) design highlights. Personally the slimmer rear lights, lower roof profile and more balanced front to rear looks of saloon clinched it for me, but I've seen some lovely looking SB's on this forum too, so hey, love your own choice but don't slag other people's off....
    Daveotto, Battlekrapz and BGS like this.
    S3 Saloon S-Tronic. Panther Black. Tech Pack, Super-sports seats, LED Lights, Comfort pack with Adaptive Cruise and parking plus, Folding mirrors, Bang and Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy glass, Tyre sensor, Boot Mat

Previously 2.0TSi VW Scirocco

2nd Gear

Status
    i also happen to much prefer the Sportback's look over the 3dr version. I fail to see what age or having children have to do with visual preference.
    # Currently enjoying my Audi S3 8V Sportback in Estoril blue #

5th Gear

Status
    I agree. We have no kids and I much prefer the SB for ease of use.

If I thought the s3 in any guise was anything more than a fast hatch (ie a sportscar) then I would be deluded.

One good old friend (now sadly passed) said to me this - you know your car is properly special when it either a model in its own right (ie chassis up) or it is made from majority custom parts for just that model. For eg, a 911 or an m3.

The s3 is an a3 with stick on bits and a decent engine. It's still an a3.

An rs3/rs4 is different though. Custom brakes, custom engine, custom body panels etc etc.

Back to the point - it doesn't matter what variant a3 we're driving as it's still only a family run around (cabrio excluded obviously)

5th Gear

Status
    Ah but the saloon is unique and doesn't share any body parts with other A3's aside from the cab's front and rear....
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

3rd Gear

Status

If I thought the s3 in any guise was anything more than a fast hatch (ie a sportscar) then I would be deluded.

One good old friend (now sadly passed) said to me this - you know your car is properly special when it either a model in its own right (ie chassis up) or it is made from majority custom parts for just that model. For eg, a 911 or an m3.

An rs3/rs4 is different though. Custom brakes, custom engine, custom body panels etc etc.

Back to the point - it doesn't matter what variant a3 we're driving as it's still only a family run around (cabrio excluded obviously)
    Agree partly with what you said, however, surely the fewer number of S3's in circulation compared to A3's would also suggest that it was something 'properly special' something over and above what are normally manufactured in the thousands where as the S3 in possibly the hundreds? I don't know exact figures but you see my point.
    s3_trev likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_fr200 View Post
    I'm 30yr old and have an 11 month old,
    But I prefer the looks of the sportback
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlekrapz View Post
    i also happen to much prefer the Sportback's look over the 3dr version. I fail to see what age or having children have to do with visual preference.
    I am genuinely astounded that someone would choose a sportback s3 over a 3 door JUST for looks. A 3 door version of anything, almost by default, looks sportier than the 5 door equivalent. Ive always thought that VW done a better job with the mk5 Golf, as they at least kept the car virtually the same, just adding the extra doors. But Audi stretch out the a3 to make the sportback and just make an awful job of it IMO, and then to do it to the S variant....sacrilege.

For ease of use, exactly. Not gonna argue that one. Thats what sportback is all about as far as I can see. But I do not think that this works well on the s3, as the s3 is just that little bit more special, and to bang on extra doors for the children and the shopping and blah blah just ruins it totally. I do agree with your other points though. I know an s3 is nothing more than it is, but that doesn't mean you have to ruin what it is either.

Quote Originally Posted by Louay View Post
    That's why they decided to make the 3dr RS3 yeah? with the official line being that the company reckons a three-door version would offer limited practicality gains over the (supposedly) dynamically sharper TT-RS. So what's there to suggest that Audi's view wouldn't change when the next RS3 is released, arguably the ultimate hot hatch?
    Well of course its going to offer limited practicality. The RS3 shouldn't be about practicality! The fact that Audi released the RS3 in sportback (and with only automatic gear box might I add) has annoyed me since I first heard about it. Total travesty in my eyes and such a let down. Obviously down to the type of customer that would buy the RS3, typically being old enough to afford the thing to start with, wanting more practicality out of the car, rather than just looks, and if there arnt enough people with the dosh for a 3 door, then Audi will probably think twice before making it unfortunately, which is what happened with the RS3. And I think that's the reason why we see so many s3 sportbacks actually, people wanting the s3 package, but also want the practicality. But to me that's compromise. If I wanted more doors I would buy an s4. Just my opinion folks, as Ive said before, each to their own. For me its all about the 3 door hot hatch with manual box. Happy new year to all my fellow Audi drivers

2nd Gear

Status
    lol guys seriously? What age are you? Do you have children? As those are the only 2 things I can think of that could possibly make someone choose SB over a 3 door. 3 door is the epitome of hot hatch, with the 3 door s3 being the ultimate hot hatch in my eyes. When you add extra doors it just waters that down and turns it into a boring family car. I honestly cringe even just looking at a SB s3, its just wrong. Just my own 2 cents on the subject. Not meaning to offend the SB drivers, each to their own and all that.
    It is not the ultimate hot hatch, far from it. It's a functional hatch back with good power. It is a boring family car, but that's fine.
    I am only driving a S3 because it comes in 5 doors and has 4WD. If I didn't require 5 doors (due to having a baby on the way), then I'd be driving something that handles far better, has more character and is more fun than the S3.

Looks are subjective, but I think you'll find the majority of sales of the S3 will be in SB, people that don't need the practicality of the SB will not be hard pushed to find better alternatives in this sector.

Oh yeah, and your 3 door manual is slower than my boring automatic family car..........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12