Mono.pur

Ade44

Reaction score
Hi.

How many specced Mono.pur on their S Line. I have.

Does it add that extra touch of something special?

Not sure it's worth it. Completely dead Money as far as resale is concerned too.
Should be standard on S3 IMHO

Yes it might be dead money and not recoverable at resale but that's not the point with something like this, it's a touch of extra luxury look and feel and when I'm spending hours sitting in traffic jams I get to look at it. Same could be said for quite a few popular options, black package for example.

Reactions: Silky-S3 and PilotAudi
Yes it might be dead money and not recoverable at resale but that's not the point with something like this, it's a touch of extra luxury look and feel and when I'm spending hours sitting in traffic jams I get to look at it. Same could be said for quite a few popular options, black package for example.
Agree with you.. just not one I would spend money on again.. 100 pints of beer or 600 Mars Bars?? Not sure I'd buy an S3 if I spent hours in traffic jams , you could have Mono pure in a COD or Diesel and look at that!

I really don't agree with PilotAudi on this. If you've got leather interior then this is a must have option, it brings the interior feel up to an even higher level. You won't notice how much of a difference it makes until sitting in a car without it...

You probably won't get any more money for the car on resale if chopping in at a dealer but a car with mono.pur will most likely have other options which would attract significant enthusiast attention in the private sale market, which is where you'd most likely start when looking to change cars.

I don't agree mono.pur should be standard S3 spec because it would just increase the S3 base price. The black styling pack is also not to everyone's liking which is why it is an option. There will be some people that buy an S3 from Audi UK stock and to whom price will be a significant factor in the decision making process as they are comparing to competing i.e. BMW and Mercedes. These will be the ones who aren't really bothered about options like mono.pur and just want any S3 they can get there hands on quickly and at the right price.

Reactions: Silky-S3
I've got it in my S-Line and it looks and feels great - really lifts the cabin and means you don't get the standard plastic by knee and door grab handles. Totally personal pref on this one and likely will add zip come resale, but is still a good option. If on a lease or pcp, prob a harder decision to justify as will increase monthly payments and not add to future value.

Either way, vast majority of people prob won't care or notice it. But for me it was a chance to make the interior a bit more bespoke and classy.

Had it on a TT and never really made a jot of difference to the interior. Also worth noting that it is NOT leather at all. Each to their own and if Audi can take nearly £300 off you they are clearly doing something right.

My point about things should be standard is based on how little is included in base price . No parking sensors not even rear, no TPMS , no Nav at all. I would prefer a properly equipped car as standard. Just my 2p.

Still struggling with this one. The black interior that I saw today didn't seem to be lacking in any way without it however I think it might be different story with lunar silver.

Reactions: PilotAudi
My mono.pur arrives Tuesday along with Alcantara seats in an A3 Sportback Sport Amalfi White, will post my thoughts on it Tuesday night no along with many other posts from me.

Sorry guys this may well have been asked before but on the sportback, do the rear door armrests get the same treatment?

Oh! looks like front only. 7HE on page 65 of brochure. "Front knee pads and armrests finished in Mono.pur leather effect with stitching in colour of seat upholstery"

Oh! looks like front only. 7HE on page 65 of brochure. "Front knee pads and armrests finished in Mono.pur leather effect with stitching in colour of seat upholstery"

It's on the front and rear door armrests - as well as on the front knee pads, (where the transmission tunnel meets the dashboard).

Will try and post some close-up pics this weekend.

Reactions: the_lecht_rocks
Wish I'd specked mono pur on my S-line, the standard door grabs are very cheap and plasticky. Go for it.

Mark

Just called my dealer to add it. Apparently my order is now locked, they're going to try and get it unlocked on Monday so that it can be added. Ho hum, my fault for dithering I guess :(

If you go onto Page 21 of the 'Post pictures of your A3' section and look for my post, one of the pics shows the interior with the mono pur on doors and knee pads visible.

Just had another call, attempt to add Mono.pur was unsuccessful, car locked down for production on week 3.

Is it worth opting for this if you haven't got a leather interior?

Going for cloth but can take this as an option! I've not managed to find a picture of this option with a cloth interior which would suggest its not ideal!

I wasn't sure about thiss and haven't specced it. I'm not placing the order until later on in the week.

Some real life pics of this would be good to see, rather than the brochure pics. Anyone care to load some up

Last edited:
Would love some pics of this, its the one thing i wish i would of spec'd now as it does looks great think my order is locked now though. :/