• 1 Post By Johnnyb
  • 1 Post By Leeber
  • 2 Post By CraigI

Thread: My Misano S3 Sportback

3rd Gear

Status

My Misano S3 Sportback

Newly detailed and protected against the elements, so took some pics:

All taken with iPad and iPhone, so not the greatest of quality.
    Last two by Andy of AJ Auto Detailing who I would recommend.

Love the colour and the way the car looks.
    More on how it drives once I've done a few thousand miles.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    is that the aberdeen audi ex-demo ?
    keyser likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    is that the aberdeen audi ex-demo ?
    It is not.

3rd Gear

Status
    How much was the detailing ?

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    How much was the detailing ?
    £150 for foam, wash, decontamination, glaze, 2 coats of sealant, then wax. Sealed the wheels, and Scotch-Guarded the mats.
    New car protection is usually £175 but as this is the second car I've had through Andy recently he discounted me for this one.
    Will see me through the winter.
    paullowther likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    Car looks EPIC!
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

5th Gear

Status
    Nice pics, car looks great. Just add more sun for the perfect effect!
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    Nice pics, car looks great. Just add more sun for the perfect effect!
    Cheers folks. Sun difficult up here today, been a dark day in the Shire.

5th Gear

Status
    I'm planning on detailing mine with a mate very soon after I get it (the one who taught me how to DA/machine polish).

Need to get some new car wash buckets with stone guards in the bottom too.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

Neutral

Status
    Nice!

hard viewing actually, way too long till i pick up my Misano Red S3 Sportback!

3rd Gear

Status
    I'll detail mine with Werkstat once I get it and the weather allows a full weekends effort.
    always enjoy a couple of days detailing new cars

1st Gear

Status
    Looks great. Nice to see a SB with roof rails for a change, finishes the look perfectly IMHO.
    PilotAudi likes this.
    8V S3; Sportback, S-Tronic, Monsoon Grey, Aluminium Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, Supersport Seats, Comfort Pack, Technology Pack High, Bang & Olufsen, Folding, Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Extended Mono.Pur, Parking System Plus, Reversing Camera, Rear Side Airbags, Reversible Boot Mat, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Hold Assist

Reverse Gear

Status
    Red looks amazing on the S3 . Was going to go glacier white but your pics have now swayed me to change to red .

1st Gear

Status
    Looks fantastic mate. One of the first S3's I have seen that does look the part. The only thing I would have changed there is to add the black styling pack to get rid of all the chrome round the windows and front grille as IMO it cheapens the look of the car - but that's a personal thing I guess. Like I said, best looking S3 I have seen to date
    S3 Misano Red | s tronic | super sport seats | black styling pack|10 spoke matt titanium alloys | privacy glass|technology pack high with mobile | audi sound system | through load | light & rain sensor pack | rear parking sensors | electric folding mirrors | tyre pressure monitoring | non smoking pack | registered 06/06/2014

Neutral

Status
    This may be something that I've not noticed before but are all wing mirrors not the same colour normally of the body paint? I think it looks great being different but never noticed difference.

Banned

Status
    Reckon the silver mirrors (Standard on S3 Mr P ) and silver roof rails look great with standard grill.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SilureMark View Post

The only thing I would have changed there is to add the black styling pack to get rid of all the chrome round the windows and front grille as IMO it cheapens the look of the car

Have to agree with you on the chrome round the windows and it does stand out against misano red - I don't know why Audi always put so much chrome on their sports cars when it is usually something associated with SE / Lux type specs ?

Strangely I don't mind the chrome in the front end - but my TTS had this look, although the window cappings were black.

Also odd why Audi make the number plate surround grey and not black like the rest of the front grill mesh, but again this is an Audi trend across the range and it does give them an excuse to charge you a premium for the black edition I guess.

A Pano roof would have looked good too IMO and added to the red / black look as the two colours do work well together.

Any pictures of the interior / seats ... assume you have gone all black with contrasting white stitching which looks nice.

Hopefully you'll have more success with this one and won't get bored with it quite so quickly
    2013 (63) Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigI View Post
    Cheers folks. Sun difficult up here today, been a dark day in the Shire.
    Beautiful! And will look even better in sunlight but I guess we'll have to wait till May/June before the sun comes out again in Aberdeenshire...
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

4th Gear

Status
    It's strange because the Germans have the option to go all chrome, all black or front chrome and window surround black. I wish we had all the options they do! Painted break calipers would have been an option of mine, I just cba to do it myself!
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

4th Gear

Status
    Agreed on the chrome window surrounds, but I do think the chrome grill livens up the the otherwise very basic A3 looking front end...

I'm actually going to have my window surrounds wrapped in black but keep the chrome grill...

Nicest Misano I have seen so far tbh
    Glacier White S3 SB S-Tronic, Super Sport Seats, Pano Roof, Black Roof Rails, LED's, Interior Light Pack, B&O, Sat Nav SD Card, Advanced Key, Acoustic Rear Parking, Rain Sensor, ABT DR 19" Alloys

6th Gear

Status
    Don't change the chrome window surrounds, they match the roof rails and at least give the sportback a bit of 'premium' look to it. Without them I feel it will look a bit 'chavy'...
    PilotAudi likes this.
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cuke2u View Post
    Don't change the chrome window surrounds, they match the roof rails and at least give the sportback a bit of 'premium' look to it. Without them I feel it will look a bit 'chavy'...
    Oh yeah I didn't mean for Craig to change the window surrounds, I agree that would not look right against his silver rails as his car looks great as it is, I was just saying that it's what I plan to do due to the fact I have black rails, and the window surrounds below it should really be black, it's just that I like the chrome grill hence the reason I never went for the black pack..

Shouldn't be a costly thing to do!
    cuke2u likes this.
    Glacier White S3 SB S-Tronic, Super Sport Seats, Pano Roof, Black Roof Rails, LED's, Interior Light Pack, B&O, Sat Nav SD Card, Advanced Key, Acoustic Rear Parking, Rain Sensor, ABT DR 19" Alloys

4th Gear

Status
    speaking of chrome, this just makes me heave. Inexcusable on ANY car.

1_32_34_1_1_2.jpg

Banned

Status
    But that's a sh**e car too Louay..

4th Gear

Status
    Misano red is a great colour choice and would by my 2nd choice after estoril.

I think the LED lights look amazing against the misano red paint too ....

I think the lenses are slightly darkened on the LED lights too, or they look it, whereas the standard xenons have clear lenses.
    2013 (63) Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    But that's a sh**e car too Louay..
    ok, fair point. Find me a decent car with decent chrome arches then Pilot.

Banned

Status
    Nope I will be quite happy with my 'factory fresh' unmolested S3 when it finally arrives.

6th Gear

Status
    Tends, they come and they go...
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

1st Gear

Status
    Nope I will be quite happy with my 'factory fresh' unmolested S3 when it finally arrives.
    We know......

Gorgeous car by the way Craig.
    Last edited by Leeber; 4th December 2013 at 17:58.
    Louay likes this.

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeber View Post
    Gorgeous us car by the way Craig.
    I thought it was a UK car????

1st Gear

Status
    I thought it was a UK car????
    Thanks, corrected!

3rd Gear

Status
    Cheers folks.

WRT black styling pack, I had it on my S5 and liked it due to the S5 being a darker colour (Monsoon).
    Misano is a much brighter colour so I think suits the chrome.

I also really like the new style grill (double bar style) and think the black pack takes away from that visually so stuck all chrome.
    I've not been a fan of the chrome until I saw this new grill. My previous two Audi's were both black editions.

When I tested the local demo, I loved the way it looked so it was the exact spec I went for (external looks wise).

Interior is black with alcantara and white stitching. Can be quite dark inside especially this time of the year, but the lights on the B&O speakers break that up well.

Overall I'm pretty pleased with it. Just need to get a good run in it and see how Dynamic improves things. Possibly Sunday if the weather is favourable.
    Johnnyb and Lmg like this.

1st Gear

Status
    looks a cracking car!

3rd Gear

Status
    cool thanks, mines the same colour with the only visual exterior difference being the pano roof and acc camera thingy
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Pliskin View Post
    Misano red is a great colour choice and would by my 2nd choice after estoril.

I think the LED lights look amazing against the misano red paint too ....

I think the lenses are slightly darkened on the LED lights too, or they look it, whereas the standard xenons have clear lenses.
    yep specced them on my misano red
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

2nd Gear

Status
    I think that looks superb mate, I've had Misano on the last three audi's and love the colour, red with privacy is a good combo.
    Here at last: MY14 S3 Sportback, Manual, Estoril Blue, Rails, SS Seats, LED Headlights, Interior LED pack, Privacy glass, Comfort pack, Audi Sound System, Black Inlays.
    Just gone: MY13 Audi TT 2.0 TDI Quattro Amplified Black Edition, Misano Red, Privacy glass, Sat nav
    Previous : MY12 A3 2.0TDI Quattro Black Edition, Misano Red, Bose, Full Leather, Privacy glass