Problem: Thumbwheel not scrolling on steering wheel controls

Croftj

Reaction score
Hi
driving home today I was going to do my usual playing around with the trip computer and I couldnt scroll on the D.I.S or any of the other functions. The Thumbwheel can be pressed in at it works for that be scrolling function seems to have failed.

Does anyone know if this is easily sorted or will my car need a trip to the dealers?

No idea why it suddenly stopped working or if I accidentially did something to make it stop working but it's annoyed me because I can't see what my MPG is at present....

Have you tried it again after restarting the engine as it might just be a one off electronic glitch. If it persists think it will have to be a trip to your dealer.

Thanks Daveotto, I did try that at the time when I was stationary and it didn't work, however I have just been out and started the engine and BINGO it was working fine!!
Not sure why it stopped working but hopefully just a random one off glitch
thanks for your help

No problem, is always wise to leave the car for a couple of hours and retry when you get something that might be electronic as the car does seem to have two "off" settings.

It is a bit like a lap top hibernate or shutdown. Have noticed first thing in the morning it takes a couple seconds for the ignition to kick in as it must runs some sort of diagnostics, but if you leave it for only half an hour it will start almost instantly. Anyone else noticed this.

No problem, is always wise to leave the car for a couple of hours and retry when you get something that might be electronic as the car does seem to have two "off" settings.

It is a bit like a lap top hibernate or shutdown. Have noticed first thing in the morning it takes a couple seconds for the ignition to kick in as it must runs some sort of diagnostics, but if you leave it for only half an hour it will start almost instantly. Anyone else noticed this.

Yes actually, but only now you mention it... I've noticed it can take a second for the ignition to kick in and the mirrors to move back to their driving postiion first thing in the morning, or when the car has been in the garage for a couple of days.

Other times when it's been driven, it starts up instantly. I hadn't really thought about it until you mentioned it :)

I thought it was just because the car was cold vs being warmed up but you might be right​

Pertty sure it is just the cold - seems to happen on colder mornings mainly. It's just giving the heating coils a couple of seconds to warm things up before it tries firing it on the diesel.

Pertty sure it is just the cold - seems to happen on colder mornings mainly. It's just giving the heating coils a couple of seconds to warm things up before it tries firing it on the diesel.

yea, you may be right.....being a former petrol head I had forgotten about coil warming on cold mornings.