NHS lease / Knowles fleet management

Acri16

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has experience of having a NHS car? Pro's and con's of this. Also whether their Trust / company uses Knowles fleet Management and the experience people have of them?

I have recently placed an order with them and so far they have been great.

I had an NHS lease car. I think we use Arnold Clarke. Was so expensive all in all. Focus estate a me it cost me £280 a month. Plus BIK tax implications. Wouldn't do it again unless I could get it through salary sacrifice.

Pros - as with all comp cars no insurance tax maintenance and tyres.
- one monthly cost.
- should job become redundant your not left with a car to pay for

Cons - cost of lease
- dealing with about 5 different people when anything goes wrong.
- query over maintaining your NCDiscount.
- unless it's your own I'm not sure you can love it as much.

Pros - as with all comp cars no insurance tax maintenance and tyres.
- one monthly cost.
- should job become redundant your not left with a car to pay for

Cons - cost of lease
- dealing with about 5 different people when anything goes wrong.
- query over maintaining your NCDiscount.
- unless it's your own I'm not sure you can love it as much.

Your very last point was important to me.

Hello I have recently sent all the signed documents to them as they requested, do you know what happens next in terms of how long it takes them to get back to you to confirm everything is okay and that is has been signed off?

I have to say, I don't like leasing schemes if you're paying for it. The sort of hidden stunt they pull is that you effectively pay for most of the car itself while at the end of three years or however long your term is you end up with no car, and you can't back out of it either even though you don't own the car. They get their pound of guaranteed free flesh. Never liked them.

Neptunez - I know you sent me a message but my iPad won't let me open it! The process I went through was:
Select car
Assign signatory (line manager) who had to sign it off
The directorate finance officer had to sign it off
Then I received documents which I needed to sign
I then got confirmation a day later and then a ETA within a week

Cilurnum - I get some mileage, so it's not entirely paid for by me. It's cheaper for me to lease it (as NHS discount and before PAYE off takes) so another bonus. I save £130 p/m than if I lease on my own. It's trouble free, petrol and that's it. Thin it depends on what you want.