Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    6th Gear

Status

Saloon Delayed :-(

Had this e-mail from my salesman in response to my query:

"Sorry I was not here yesterday. As you know your car should’ve gone into production last week, when I checked on Monday it still wasn’t showing built so I thought I would give it the benefit of the doubt for a couple of days but today it still hasn’t moved so I have rung Audi who have informed me that there is a delay in production on A3 Saloons due to the early high demand, they are saying the delays could be up to 4 weeks. I cannot apologise enough for this as I know we were hoping the would be here in time for Christmas. I have spoken with my boss and he has said if the car does not arrive in time for Christmas we will lend you something nice until it arrives.Apologies once again and I will keep you informed all the way."

Oh well I might be waiting until March now but the loan car sounds interesting..
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Sorry to hear about the delay, all you can do is make the most of the situation.....lay it on thick about how inconienienced you will be over xmas and new year without a decent car etc etc and hang out of for an R8, RS6 or SQ5
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

6th Gear

Status
    Thank you, I already have stated that I want something that has the same level of equipment as my present car, with similar performance and no smaller, S3? It can't be too big though as the reason I went for the saloon is because it fits nicely on our drive. I suppose if the car was bigger then I could just park it down the road and walk up, if the incentive was enough though...
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cuke2u View Post
    Thank you, I already have stated that I want something that has the same level of equipment as my present car, with similar performance and no smaller, S3? It can't be too big though as the reason I went for the saloon is because it fits nicely on our drive. I suppose if the car was bigger then I could just park it down the road and walk up, if the incentive was enough though...
    You'll have to settle for something small so an R8 will have to do.
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

6th Gear

Status
    LOL, they'd have to pay my insurance...