Bluetooth audio, generic album cover images?

pat15312

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just had my S3 delivered and I'm absolutely chuffed to bits with it! :) I've had a quick 20 minute play before having to get back to doing some work but in that time I noticed that the album artwork from the tracks streaming from my iPhone 5 isn't showing. Instead, there is a generic "Dance" picture which is a little odd. Can anyone shed any light on this? I'm pretty sure I've read elsewhere that other people have managed to get the correct album artwork to show over Bluetooth.

Cheers
Pat

I think it depends on the artwork saved in the audio file, some work on mine some don't?
I think it may be to do with the size of the image but I'm not sure. Some of mine have been downloaded from iTunes and others haven't.

But I have so many that I have decided to just except the generic image rather than going through them all and saving new pics to them lol

Not sure about bluetooth, but all the artwork saved to my mp3s work fine. Used MP3Tag and Album Art Downloader to sort it all out, and an evening going through all the albums I put on my card...

Does anybody know if Spotify played through BT works fine? Track skipping, album art etc...

Does anybody know if Spotify played through BT works fine? Track skipping, album art etc...

I have the standard pack. Bluetooth through Spotify works fine on my HTC one x. I can control music (forward, back, stop, volumn)

Reactions: paullowther
Hi guys,

Just had my S3 delivered and I'm absolutely chuffed to bits with it! :) I've had a quick 20 minute play before having to get back to doing some work but in that time I noticed that the album artwork from the tracks streaming from my iPhone 5 isn't showing. Instead, there is a generic "Dance" picture which is a little odd. Can anyone shed any light on this? I'm pretty sure I've read elsewhere that other people have managed to get the correct album artwork to show over Bluetooth.

Cheers
Pat

I get the same with Bluetooth but with cable the it works perfectly

I imagine streaming tunes via BT absolutely rinses your battery?!

Just to be clear, I leave my BT on all day and it pairs up with my car when I enter it. With BT left on yes it will drain more power than if I have it switch off but thats the choice you make and if you can be bothered to switch it on and off every time.

As for the actual usage, I've been on long trips in my car and the usage on BT isn't much more than making phone calls. The A3 should have an AMI slot and if you buy a USB cable you can charge if your ever worried about using too much power.

Just buy the right cable:
Micro USB Audi Interface AMI MMI Adapter Cable for HTC Samsung Galaxy Cellphone | eBay

Thanks mate.

Isn't there a USB port in the car? If there is can I use the wire you use at home in the mains? At one end that's USB and the other is Lightning...

Thanks mate.

Isn't there a USB port in the car? If there is can I use the wire you use at home in the mains? At one end that's USB and the other is Lightning...

In my SB it doesn't have a USB. If you got a MMI+ or tech pack then yes it may have but someone here can clarify.

A charging-only USB port comes with Connect or the Phonebox, nothing else. There is a USB AMI cable that can be used with any UK model though, which you are supposed to get automatically. My dealer seemed to think that you get USB + Red collar, or USB + Blue collar with the car, which would make sense as both are available as a pack like that.