flac audio

Wha? A Trini? Yuh makin' joke! Wha-happenin' dey? There cyah be too many Audis in TnT!

Spent quite a while living there, loved it! Loved the food and loved the ol' talk most of all.

Re the FLAC question I believe the system does not recognise them. But please test anyway as I'd love some proof.

Re the FLAC question I believe the system does not recognise them. But please test anyway as I'd love some proof.

the googling i did says that it wont work, sad cause FLAC is open source and free, it should be adopted by all manufactures like sony is doing now.

It actually works. And you could really tell the difference between a 256cbr mp3 and a Flac. I went through quite some hassle recoding my Flacs into 320CBRs just so I could play it in my new S3, only to find out it speaks Flac. Still happy though.

Found myself listening to B&O playing HQ flacs almost as much as listening to the roar of the engine in launch control. I'd say 5 days of running in just about did it for both, engine and the B&O and I finally get to enjoy both as much as I thought I would.

PS: For anyone who speced B&O, please do yourself a favor and use Flacs. Otherwise whats the point.

It actually works. And you could really tell the difference between a 256cbr mp3 and a Flac. I went through quite some hassle recoding my Flacs into 320CBRs just so I could play it in my new S3, only to find out it speaks Flac. Still happy though.

Found myself listening to B&O playing HQ flacs almost as much as listening to the roar of the engine in launch control. I'd say 5 days of running in just about did it for both, engine and the B&O and I finally get to enjoy both as much as I thought I would.

PS: For anyone who speced B&O, please do yourself a favor and use Flacs. Otherwise whats the point.

yea man, after hearing flac i am deleting my almost 10 year old mp3 collection, it is soo much better(quality) and compression is very good too. I am rebuilding the collection in flac.

I will try it in the audi tomm, i have the audi sound system, but if it could play flac it will def sound better as cds sound much better than mp3 in mt car.

That's fantastic news! We have all our music stored as FLAC, was planning to convert what I needed for use in the car but don't think I'll bother now. It'd probably be better to just get a portable hard drive (low power FAT format apparently) and fill it with FLAC files. Do you get album art etc or is that just an iPod thing?

That's really good news! Any info on whether album artwork works, and whether the system does any kind of indexing on the metadata within the FLAC files?

Meta works well, although the list of available fields is limited to Artist, Title, Album and Genre. First three could be shown at the screen while song is playing (if you ask for it) and genre can be used in search.

Artwork is a bit more tricky one. There are some default pictures in the system to correspond with the genre, but the ones that come with the file/album can be shown instead. I'm just not sure whether they need to be saved in the folder or the file. More investigation to follow during long winter nights. For now I'd rather spend time driving ;-)

Edit: Mind you, I have a so called "tech pack" so I've no clue as to how basic MMI handles FLACs...

Meta works well, although the list of available fields is limited to Artist, Title, Album and Genre. First three could be shown at the screen while song is playing (if you ask for it) and genre can be used in search.

Artwork is a bit more tricky one. There are some default pictures in the system to correspond with the genre, but the ones that come with the file/album can be shown instead. I'm just not sure whether they need to be saved in the folder or the file. More investigation to follow during long winter nights. For now I'd rather spend time driving ;-)

Edit: Mind you, I have a so called "tech pack" so I've no clue as to how basic MMI handles FLACs...

Yea mine can't see the flacs :( so I will have to use waves for lossless, I have Audi sound system no tech or navi pack