JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 144
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Planning the handover - what to ask for?

  1. #1
    snakehips's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    North Herts
    Posts
    608

    Planning the handover - what to ask for?

    Hi All,
    There have been a few similar threads before but I can't seem to find exactly what I need. I have a meeting with my dealer on Tuesday to plan the handover, which should be mid-December. Here's my list of what I plan to discuss or ask for. Any glaring omissions?

    1. Make sure I get the red MMI cable (and see if I can blag the lightning one if it exists by then)
    2. Try to get mats thrown in
    3. Request proper EU number plates
    4. Ask to select my reg number from what's available
    5. Request a nav map update if necessary
    6. Request no dealer stickers
    7. Give him one last chance to sell me GAP at a competitive price
    8. Hint that I am expecting a big show on the handover day (I plan to collect mid-week so that they aren't busy)

    Anything else worth pushing for?
    Thanks!
    grantDUBshaw and siouxchief like this.
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Avnt's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    228
    Free fuel

  4. #3
    snakehips's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    North Herts
    Posts
    608
    Good idea! How long for? Just the first year?
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

  5. #4
    Avnt's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    228
    Start at that and see if u can get any. Remember you dont ask you dont get

  6. #5
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by snakehips View Post
    Good idea! How long for? Just the first year?
    Free fuel for a year?! Do you really think they would entertain that? Good if they do!
    Picked Up In December 13! - A3 S Line 1.4 TFSI COD in Brilliant Black , Extras - Privacy Glass, Black Styling Pack, Deletion of Model and Engine, B&O Sound System, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, 18" 10 Spoke Titanium Alloys, Parking Plus, Alcantara Seats

  7. #6
    robo1million's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by j0nny2013 View Post
    Free fuel for a year?! Do you really think they would entertain that? Good if they do!
    Hook, line and sinker....
    j0nny2013 and snakehips like this.
    Using Tapatalk

  8. #7
    MA3RC's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    S. Wales
    Posts
    224
    Haha you'd be lucky for 1 days worth the way things are these days

  9. #8
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    131
    Haha you never know! Someone has probably tried! Getting a full tank is hard enough
    Picked Up In December 13! - A3 S Line 1.4 TFSI COD in Brilliant Black , Extras - Privacy Glass, Black Styling Pack, Deletion of Model and Engine, B&O Sound System, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, 18" 10 Spoke Titanium Alloys, Parking Plus, Alcantara Seats

  10. #9
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,569
    Doughnuts and earl grey tea for a year....
    Last edited by cuke2u; 24th November 2013 at 21:02.
    j0nny2013 likes this.
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

  11. #10
    TDI-line's Avatar
    Uber Post Whore

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    8,885
    Box of Audi chocolates, usually hidden by the receptionists. But they always have a few kicking around by Hotel Chocolat.

    2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

  12. #11
    robo1million's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    195
    I managed to get them to promise me a full tank but that was like getting blood from a stone. I'm going to try for an aluminium tax disc holder and a pack of golf balls but I don't hold much hope!!!
    Using Tapatalk

  13. #12
    Avnt's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    228
    A unicorn tear
    Joetidman likes this.

  14. #13
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,231
    I got 1-4 and 6 (5 if you count the fact that I get map updates anyway through having the tech pack). In fact I got 2 tanks of fuel (sort of), because they couldn't get the finance to match the quote they originally gave me, and it worked out about £45 extra so got another tank of fuel for it.

    I asked for (and got) 5 MMI cables in fact - the red and blue collar apple ones, USB, micro USB and 3.5mm jack.

    They have since also enabled the extra ACC menu in the MMI for me (to set default distance), and fixed my towbar electrics since they weren't to international standards, which I had asked for... so not really a freebie, just what I ordered!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

  15. #14
    Banned

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    2,353
    I could do with a new set of Audi Mugs... The set of six we got in 2008 on collection of an A5 are well worn. Dishwasher has stripped the Audi Logo off 3 off the.. so much for a 12 year paint warranty!!!

  16. #15
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    70
    A Diecast model of an Audi of your choice, failing that an model of an A3 Sportback.
    Most dealers have these in a display cabinet.

    Use the excuse its for your nephew / son, really for your mantelpiece.

  17. #16
    Battlekrapz's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    406
    I'd try a free date with the receptionist and some audi condoms to go with it.

  18. #17
    snakehips's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    North Herts
    Posts
    608
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlekrapz View Post
    I'd try a free date with the receptionist and some audi condoms to go with it.
    Nah, I've seen the receptionist and he's not my type.
    Battlekrapz likes this.
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

  19. #18
    snakehips's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    North Herts
    Posts
    608
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    I got 1-4 and 6 (5 if you count the fact that I get map updates anyway through having the tech pack). In fact I got 2 tanks of fuel (sort of), because they couldn't get the finance to match the quote they originally gave me, and it worked out about £45 extra so got another tank of fuel for it.

    I asked for (and got) 5 MMI cables in fact - the red and blue collar apple ones, USB, micro USB and 3.5mm jack.

    They have since also enabled the extra ACC menu in the MMI for me (to set default distance), and fixed my towbar electrics since they weren't to international standards, which I had asked for... so not really a freebie, just what I ordered!
    Who exactly did you have to sleep with to get all that???
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

  20. #19
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,231
    If you don't ask, you don't get!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

  21. #20
    McAudi's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Bridgend
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlekrapz View Post
    I'd try a free date with the receptionist and some audi condoms to go with it.
    Depends on the receptionist; what if he's 6' 7" and built like a brick ****house? They can keep their condoms ;-)
    Battlekrapz and Fragup like this.
    2014 1.4 TFSi S Line Manual Sportback in Glacier White with comfort pack, heated seats, Audi music system, panoramic roof, privacy glass, tyre pressure monitoring system & hold assist

  22. #21
    paullowther's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by McAudi View Post
    Depends on the receptionist; what if he's 6' 7" and built like a brick ****house? They can keep their condoms ;-)
    Bareback?
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

  23. #22
    McAudi's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Bridgend
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    Bareback?
    You know when you say or write something and then regret it? Well, tonight is one of those nights.........
    2014 1.4 TFSi S Line Manual Sportback in Glacier White with comfort pack, heated seats, Audi music system, panoramic roof, privacy glass, tyre pressure monitoring system & hold assist

  24. #23
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    462
    Call me old fashioned, but I'll just be happy with the car, 1/2 tank of fuel and a polite thanks to the salesman !

    I am really glad I didn't ask for more of a discount if it comes at that price.
    seams like I got it quite cheaply now!
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

  25. #24
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,569
    Me too, when it comes to collecting my car I will just want to get away from the showroom spiel and drive the thing...
    j0nny2013 likes this.
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

  26. #25
    McAudi's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Bridgend
    Posts
    68
    Same here and that 6' 7" receptionist better not get in my way either.
    2014 1.4 TFSi S Line Manual Sportback in Glacier White with comfort pack, heated seats, Audi music system, panoramic roof, privacy glass, tyre pressure monitoring system & hold assist

  27. #26
    snakehips's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    North Herts
    Posts
    608
    Same here. I wasn't really asking what freebies I could get away with, more just to make sure I would get the essentials that should come with the car anyway.
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

  28. #27
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,231
    Yeh - certainly wasn't bothered about golf balls, umbrellas, keyrings or anything like that. Or the delivery show really (it was 1st Sept!), but was gonna make sure I had all the bits I did want!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

  29. #28
    snakehips's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    North Herts
    Posts
    608
    But seriously, other than needing to check out the receptionist, anything important that I've missed from my original list or is it pretty comprehensive?
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

  30. #29
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,231
    Looks pretty good. I had a list of options I had chosen and what to look for to make sure they had been included as well, which I went through thoroughly (given the length of my options list, heh). Could also check the PDI has been stamped in your service book, check the trip 2 computer on the DIS to see if it has actually had more miles than it says on the odometer, make sure you have all manuals and service book (check the reg & VIN matches the details in there), then just check the car thoroughly (inside and out) for defects under good lighting. If they try and hand it over outside in the dark, insist on moving it somewhere in the light to be able to check it, or some agreement that they will sort subsequent problems that you find!
    paullowther likes this.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

  31. #30
    paullowther's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    738
    Given that my initial quote included free delivery but I'm collecting I've asked to be reimbursed for my train ticket from Cambridge to Carlisle and then for 2/3 full tank to get me back.

    Speaking of good customer service however, my dealer at Carlisle said if I give him a call 15 minutes before I get to the station he'll come and pick me up, which I thought was very good indeed! I readily accepted his offer under 1 stipulation... he has to turn up in an R8! I'll let you know how that one develops!

  32. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    Given that my initial quote included free delivery but I'm collecting I've asked to be reimbursed for my train ticket from Cambridge to Carlisle and then for 2/3 full tank to get me back.

    Speaking of good customer service however, my dealer at Carlisle said if I give him a call 15 minutes before I get to the station he'll come and pick me up, which I thought was very good indeed! I readily accepted his offer under 1 stipulation... he has to turn up in an R8! I'll let you know how that one develops!
    What sort of discount are you getting for going all the way to Carlisle?
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  33. #32
    paullowther's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    What sort of discount are you getting for going all the way to Carlisle?
    A big one, it's worked out all things in about 9%.

    When I placed my order the only places people knew of that were giving 7+% were the dealers you could find through online brokers.

    I put the quotes in front of about 10 local dealers all of which came back with between 3 and 6% off which I wasn't happy with.

    So far I'd highly recommend Carlisle they've been first class from start to where I am now, especially when you consider we've never met!

    Another plus point for me personally is I now get to go on a big adventure all the way up north. This is the furthest north I've ever been and I'll also get to go visit the lakes which is a bonus (get to see what all the fuss is about)! Definitely beats popping into Huntington like I would to pick up my weekly groceries!

  34. #33
    Daveotto's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Posts
    906
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    Another plus point for me personally is I now get to go on a big adventure all the way up north. This is the furthest north I've ever been!
    and about as far North West as you can go without actually going into Scotland
    paullowther and GRE57Y like this.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

  35. #34
    paullowther's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    738
    Update RE: R8... It's a no go and he's bringing and A1 for my 'cheek'

    We have a laugh ey!
    cemerson and Fragup like this.

  36. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    A big one, it's worked out all things in about 9%.

    When I placed my order the only places people knew of that were giving 7+% were the dealers you could find through online brokers.

    I put the quotes in front of about 10 local dealers all of which came back with between 3 and 6% off which I wasn't happy with.

    So far I'd highly recommend Carlisle they've been first class from start to where I am now, especially when you consider we've never met!

    Another plus point for me personally is I now get to go on a big adventure all the way up north. This is the furthest north I've ever been and I'll also get to go visit the lakes which is a bonus (get to see what all the fuss is about)! Definitely beats popping into Huntington like I would to pick up my weekly groceries!
    Interesting because I also live in the Cambridgeshire (St Neots) and I have purchased all of my eight A3s from Lee Stubbings at Huntingdon Audi. Lee is designated as Specialist Sales Manager and now deals a lot with selling Q7s, A8s, R8s etc. He is also the nephew of Gary Vindis who 'owns' the Vindis Group. For the last three or four A3s I have purchased through Lee I he has given me a 9% discount on the total purchase price as well as an above 'book' trade-in price for my existing A3.

    I had an A3 2.0TDI for 24 hrs last week and I was not that impressed with the new MMI system and I may well decide to buy a Golf instead, but he has said he could also supply the Golf and give me a similar discount.

    After your 'adventure' going to Carlisle you should try a real adventure and take your new A3 to Germany. Lovely scenery, nice reasonably priced hotels, lovely roads and stretches of autobahn with no speed limits. I go most years to the Mosel Valley which is only 60 miles further from Cambridge than Carlisle. Well worth considering.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  37. #36
    paullowther's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    Interesting because I also live in the Cambridgeshire (St Neots) and I have purchased all of my eight A3s from Lee Stubbings at Huntingdon Audi. Lee is designated as Specialist Sales Manager and now deals a lot with selling Q7s, A8s, R8s etc. He is also the nephew of Gary Vindis who 'owns' the Vindis Group. For the last three or four A3s I have purchased through Lee I he has given me a 9% discount on the total purchase price as well as an above 'book' trade-in price for my existing A3.

    I had an A3 2.0TDI for 24 hrs last week and I was not that impressed with the new MMI system and I may well decide to buy a Golf instead, but he has said he could also supply the Golf and give me a similar discount.

    After your 'adventure' going to Carlisle you should try a real adventure and take your new A3 to Germany. Lovely scenery, nice reasonably priced hotels, lovely roads and stretches of autobahn with no speed limits. I go most years to the Mosel Valley which is only 60 miles further from Cambridge than Carlisle. Well worth considering.

    How very strange! I'm also from St.Neots!

    I met and had a talk with Lee in June and he seemed quite hard to move on price, drives an SQ5 I think now.

    I could possibly go to Germany although the South of France and the Alps sound a bit more 'me'!

  38. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    How very strange! I'm also from St.Neots!

    I met and had a talk with Lee in June and he seemed quite hard to move on price, drives an SQ5 I think now.

    I could possibly go to Germany although the South of France and the Alps sound a bit more 'me'!
    Perhaps I get the discount because I have been buying a car from him for so long. I've always said that if you like a particular brand of car it's worth cultivating a good relationship with a dealer.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  39. #38
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    58
    What about an Audi Pen or Watch.

    Good try with regards to the R8 Paul lol..At least you didn't ask for you to drive it back....

  40. #39
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Horsham
    Posts
    225
    Paul, do you have a collection date for your car yet?

  41. #40
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeber View Post
    Paul, do you have a collection date for your car yet?
    I reckon the boat sank.....

 

 
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Where is the best place to ask for part numbers & prices?
    By blackshuck in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 21st April 2013, 19:03
  2. Looking for a TDI to replace the S3....what d'ya think?
    By spuddie007 in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 25th March 2007, 14:22
  3. What is the correct timing belt interval for an A4 1.8 20 valve?
    By Donald_MacIver in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 5th January 2007, 20:30
  4. What should I ask for my S3 ?
    By batty in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 16th February 2004, 09:46
  5. Newbie in the market...what is better for me?
    By AUDIgt in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 8th February 2004, 10:13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO