Volks AutosSky Insurance
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Planning the handover - what to ask for?

1st Gear

Status
    I don't wish to sound like a wet blanket but I broadly agree with robo that this deal should perhaps be reconsidered. Purchasing an A3 via PCP is, I'm sure, not at all unusual, but the exact route you are looking at seems to be somewhat uncommon. If nothing else, the number of parties involved is unnecessarily high and there seems to be a reluctance to give you figures. I'd suggest the car could very likely be purchased at a better price elsewhere. Before you sign I'd suggest chatting to a couple of local Audi dealers to see what they could do.
    A3 8V 1.8T 6 speed 3 door S line - Daytona Grey. Interior lighting pack, privacy glass, comfort pack, electric folding heated dimming door mirrors, tyre pressure monitor, electric lumbar support, cruise control, acoustic parking system rear, B&O sound system.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Just something for you to go on, Audi Solutions (PCP) are offering 6.7% APR until end March. So hopefully your deal is at least as good, or better

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by royalsteve68 View Post
    pretty pathetic, what dealer was that so we can all avoid them
    It was Bristol Audi.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl Alesbury View Post
    It was Bristol Audi.
    I've had some great stuff from Bristol Audi. Umbrella, champagne , mugs and even a Birthday cake!
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

1st Gear

Status
    I had none of these things, and the guy who sold me the car filled in the customer satisfaction form for me, ticking everything as excellent and asking for my signature. I win.

6th Gear

Status
    Who was the sales person?
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Who was the sales person?
    I don't feel comfortable saying it on a public forum because anybody could see it, but I'll PM it to you.

6th Gear

Status
    Fine I nearly suggested tgat

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl Alesbury View Post
    I had none of these things, and the guy who sold me the car filled in the customer satisfaction form for me, ticking everything as excellent and asking for my signature. I win.
    Damn, that is quite shocking.

Neutral

Status
    That is poor, id say i want a different customer feedback form and mark him poor just too put his fire out.
    2014 Audi A3 1.4 TFSI S Line Glacier White

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydie1994 View Post
    That is poor, id say i want a different customer feedback form and mark him poor just too put his fire out.
    Well... you then have to bring your car for servicing / repairs and they remember that you've caused problems.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydie1994 View Post
    I'm on the case !

1st Gear

Status
    I got a call from the dealer today and they're throwing in the autoglym for free, I said yeah that's fine thanks.
    But I'm not quite sure what they're going to do, polish the car?

3rd Gear

Status
    81llyh likes this.

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG

Neutral

Status
    Free is better than nothing .

You should also get a car care kit which should look something like > AUTOStrada | Prestige Cars For Sale that.
    81llyh likes this.

Neutral

Status
    I dont care if its serviced at the same dealership, if someone goes out of their way to falsify something im supposed to fill out, if they feel the need to cause trouble with the servicing then an official complaint with audi uk would be in order. Filling out a form that is meant for a customer is very unprofessional. Provide a decent service to your customers and they will reflect it on the form.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by veeeight View Post
    Just something for you to go on, Audi Solutions (PCP) are offering 6.7% APR until end March. So hopefully your deal is at least as good, or better
    Many thanks indeed. Things are progressing nicely but have still to receive the paper work. The Finance Company seem well recognised and have stated to me that they will match or beat any other quote. So at least I have something to go on now. The car is a base model 1.4 SportBack TFSI 122 SE, Black ie; devoid of any Options. No worries this. Provided I have a good deal (I know the monthly payments, but have yet to see the Retail Price on which these are based), then I will have Rear Parking Sensors added and maybe Cruise Control, depending on costs and stick with them. These Options are not deal breakers. The garage have now agreed to continue to supply me with a courtesy car.

6th Gear

Status
    Sounds a little harsh Lloyd. From memory the customer has to sign the form. They shouldn't sign if detail is incorrect. Had a boss once who had secretary in years because letter went out with a typo. Afraid I had to tell him the signatory has a responsibility to check documents.

Neutral

Status
    It would only be in very extreme case, if a salesman decided to go out of his way to ensure my service was not up to standard then that would justify a complaint, just think that salesmen was unprofessional.

181 BHP

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by visionthing View Post
    I have asked the dealership for vanilla euro plates as I have seen a few with an advertising lip at the bottom (black strip) and they won't fit in the plate holders I have bought.
    My dealer has agreed to fit my backing plates and my number plates with raised letters/numbers.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by royalsteve68 View Post
    hmm, I keep thinking going Reading audi was a mistake - they seem really tight - proof will be on 1st march - I get mats but I think they are standard yet they want £170 for a boot liner even though ive bought most options
    I was pushing for mats (along with discount) from the start and all I got was "no can't throw the mats in"

But when I collected the car the salesman was going on about how we will get a phone call from head office asking how our experience was and that we must say it was good?

So with a cheeky smile and a wink I said "well my review really depends on if I find some rubber mats and a boot liner in the back?" (All said in a jovial way of course) the next thing I know the manager comes over with some paperwork saying "I have stuck them on order and you can pick them up in a couple of days" :-D
    Anarch likes this.
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

6th Gear

Status
    Ha, I got the same spiel about making sure I tell the people that my experience was good!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Neutral

Status
    Anyone asked the dealership for coding for the visual display of rear parking sensors?

I have misplaced my vcds cable

1st Gear

Status

Planning the handover - what to ask for?

Quote Originally Posted by visionthing View Post
    Anyone asked the dealership for coding for the visual display of rear parking sensors?

I have misplaced my vcds cable
    Not asked for this in particular but some other coding mods and was told it isn't possible and any such mods would only be reversed if the car ever can in anyway - I was only looking for oil temp display and lock/unlock beep... Nothing to affect performance so I though it was a bit stingy but no biggy I suppose...

Have asked for headrest coat hanger, iPod cable and boot liner so will judge them if/when I find these on the day....
    Using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234