Disable auto rear wiper on reverse? (VCDS)

ChrisTTian_SWE

Reaction score
Hi.

My father recently bought a new A3 8V 2.0 TDi Quattro.
He instantly fell in love with the car but there is one thing he doesnt like.

Is it possible with VCDS to change so the rear wiper does NOT (auto) start when you select reverse, while the wiper stalk is on?

Thanks in advance.
\ChrisTTian

Does he really spend that much time in reverse that it's so annoying?!

It probably is possible, but I've never seen it mentioned on the VCDS websites or on here I don't think

Just as easy to turn off the front wipers whilst reversing, then turn them back on again. That's what I do, hardly takes any time...

yes you can do it with vcds

Does he really spend that much time in reverse that it's so annoying?!

It probably is possible, but I've never seen it mentioned on the VCDS websites or on here I don't think

When I first noticed this on my 8P i thought it was a fault at first.

As it only does a single sweep I hardly even notice it now........the trick is to put the car in reverse gear before looking in the rear view mirrow or turning your head, in this way you will not see the single sweep

Reactions: mj13
We have had this disabled on our Golf Mk5 GTI - our dog goes berserk if the rear wiper goes on!

Does it go once when the stork is in auto wipe mode whether it is wet or dry or does it only go when the front wipers are actually active?

Does it go once when the stork is in auto wipe mode whether it is wet or dry or does it only go when the front wipers are actually active?

I believe only if the front ones have been going. In fact I'm almost 100% certain of this, I'm sure I'd have noticed it going every time I reverse otherwise - my wiper stalk is permanently in auto.

Reactions: arad85
Anyone know were to make the change in VCDS, tried looking under "09-Central Electronic" but found nothing...

Did anyone manage to turn of the auto-wiping feature? It is killing me. Understand that you can avoid having it on auto but it will still wipe if you recently used the front wipers.

I have access to vcds this weekend so would be awesome if any have some info regarding how and where.

Untested:
  • Automatic Rear Wiper disable = IDE02711-ENG116690-Rear Window Wiper-Automatisches Heckwischen = not active
Could also try
  • Comfort Wiping Rear = IDE02711-ENG114946-Rear Window Wiper-Komfortwischen Heck = ?

This has to be one of main issues with my S3, it really pecks my head when the rear wiper goes automatically. Mine makes a huge noise (perhaps a new blade is required) but also the wiped look annoys me with the smeared clean arc on the rear window. I never use the rear wiper, so the fact that the car thinks it knows better than me provides much frustration!

Reactions: MadsE and SamR92
For the noise, bin the OEM and get a Bosch blade. This used to annoy me when the Audi one was fitted and juddered back and forth, but it's only a minor irritation now it's quiet. Not enough of one to code it out, in other words!

That reminds me, must do the front ones this week...

Weirdly, mine has stopped working. I've reversed out of numerous parking spaces this week when it has been raining and the wiper stalk is in auto and nuffink. The first time I noticed it the CC had thrown a hissy and had set itself to LO, so I dunno if they're somehow connected...??

He should've bought a Saloon and he wouldn't have that issue.

Reactions: cuke2u
Untested:
  • Automatic Rear Wiper disable = IDE02711-ENG116690-Rear Window Wiper-Automatisches Heckwischen = not active
Could also try
  • Comfort Wiping Rear = IDE02711-ENG114946-Rear Window Wiper-Komfortwischen Heck = ?

I can confirm that it worked. Now I am so happy. Thanks a lot

Reactions: DJAlix