JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By arad85

Thread: Infotainment fault.

1st Gear

Status

Infotainment fault.

Had my A3 nearly 3 month and on a couple of occasion whilst listening to the radio the sound has gone off, iPod still works as does sat nav and Bluetooth.

When I try to adjust the volume the numbers on the display do not move and then when I try again the mute sign is showing. After I park the car up and then return to the car the radio is working fine.

Has anyone else suffered this intermittent problem?

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Head unit could be FUBAR.
    Q7 S Line 2010
    MMI 3G
    Adaptive Cruise Control
    Superchip Remap
    Blackvue front and rear accident camera

4th Gear

Status
    Phone ur dealer to investigate
    Audi A4 BE 2.0 TDI 177 Quattro

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieWebs View Post
    Phone ur dealer to investigate
    Can't wait for that!

2nd Gear

Status
    Then you'll be listening to your favourite Val Doonican song on the iPod then !!
    Q7 S Line 2010
    MMI 3G
    Adaptive Cruise Control
    Superchip Remap
    Blackvue front and rear accident camera

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Cockney Boy View Post
    Then you'll be listening to your favourite Val Doonican song on the iPod then !!
    Just checked and and the radio is back on, a hour and 40 minute drive home earlier and nothing after 10 minutes of Absolute 80's!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Zig81 View Post
    nothing after 10 minutes of Absolute 80's!
    Your Audi has a free taste filter (hope you sort it soon...)
    boost-addict likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    I you're always listening to a DAB station then it's normal for it to intermittently lose signal..

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyb View Post
    I you're always listening to a DAB station then it's normal for it to intermittently lose signal..
    I have actually been amazed how reliable the DAB signal has been! But if you do loose signal then the little musical note next to the station name gets a little strike though it. Change stations to one without a strike through and audio comes back
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

Banned

Status
    It should switch to the non Dab version of the station you are listening to when reception is poor. It has on the 3 Audi with Dab I've used in last 5 years.

1st Gear

Status
    I have this same problem with my S3, it has happened twice now. The radio freezes, you can't change stations and the volume won't move up or down. Going to contact the dealer on Monday, will let you know what they say.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Audimad View Post
    I have this same problem with my S3, it has happened twice now. The radio freezes, you can't change stations and the volume won't move up or down. Going to contact the dealer on Monday, will let you know what they say.
    Cheers mate, mine did again a couple of weeks ago. Parked up, filled up and after I'd paid for fuel the radio was back on.

Banned

Status
    Had that on an A 5 .. Turn off reboot all fine

1st Gear

Status
    This has just happened to mine now. Was listening to DAB when the sound went dead. Tried to turn to a different freq. but nothing. Will check tomorrow morning to see if it's ok.
    On order (June 2013):
    Audi A3 Sportback Sport 1.4 TFSI, Scuba Blue, Xenon light package, Comfort package, Folding door mirrors & Advance Key
    Confirmed build date early August Built, delivery September for 63 plate, ​collection on 2nd Sept 12pm COLLECTED

6th Gear

Status
    Is it something that is only happening when listening to the radio then by the sounds of it? Specifically DAB?
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    Is it something that is only happening when listening to the radio then by the sounds of it? Specifically DAB?
    It's only happened while I've been listening to the radio, both FM and DAB, everything just freezes.

6th Gear

Status
    Sounds like it could be a software fault, worth everyone who has experienced it talking to their dealers perhaps? They usually won't do anything if 1 person reports a fault I think, but may act if there are a few.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

1st Gear

Status
    Rang the dealer today and i have got the car booked in for Saturday, will let you know what they say.

1st Gear

Status
    Radio cut off again, dealer said it may be a loose connection. I don't think so. Zig81, coolguy do you have the technology pack with MMI and B & O.

1st Gear

Status
    Radio cut off again, dealer said it may be a loose connection. I don't think so. Zig81, coolguy do you have the technology pack with MMI and B & O.
    Tech pack but no B&O on mine.

Reverse Gear

Status
    same thing just happened to my radio on way home.....just locked up when I retracted the head unit...now frozen as others above reported. Will leave car and see what happens after an hour or so.

Anyone got any feedback yet. Mine is an Audi upgraded sound system with tech pack fitted to an S3 Sportback.

1st Gear

Status
    I get mine go quiet too! If I have it streaming music via Bluetooth then plug it in via the red collar iPhone cable it goes quiet! I've changed the source too! It neither plays via stream or plug. The music should be paying as the counter on the song is moving like when normal play is happening.
    I have to hold the power button to turn off or switch off the car and back on. Pain in the ass. Any thoughts?
    A3 S Line 1.8 TFSI Quattro S Tronic
    Brilliant Red, Acoustic parking, Adaptive/Xenons plus, Advanced Key, B&O, Comfort pack, Door mirrors, Interior light pack, Privacy Glass, S Line sports suspension, Tyre Pressure Monitor, SD SatNav
    Happy days

Neutral

Status
    There is a reset procedure, Press and hold "Menu/Rotary Clicker/Top Right Menu Button" with your 3 fingers and hold them down, mmi should reset.

Audi A3 8V - Vorführung MMI Reset / Neustart über Affengriff - YouTube

1st Gear

Status
    Neither, just standard speakers.
    On order (June 2013):
    Audi A3 Sportback Sport 1.4 TFSI, Scuba Blue, Xenon light package, Comfort package, Folding door mirrors & Advance Key
    Confirmed build date early August Built, delivery September for 63 plate, ​collection on 2nd Sept 12pm COLLECTED

6th Gear

Status
    Could be the aerial if all else works aside from radio. Could be a short if it is locking up the whole infotainment...
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

1st Gear

Status
    I have been to the dealer today and had some work done on the S3.

The technician checked the connections and they were all ok so they did some more checks and carried out a parameter reset via a replacement programme to the MMI system.

They also told me that it needed a software update to the engine control unit. Contact your dealer if yours needs this update, it is called 24AB-engine control unit update to the stop start system.