Connect - can't get Twitter to work

S

SuperflyTNT1974

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can assist me. I can't get Twitter to work on Connect. I'm hooked up to a Galaxy S4 via rsap and most things seem to be working fine. However, I can't get Twitter to work. The car says I need to configure in myAudi, myAudi says I need to use it in the car once first. Any ideas? I'm guessing it's me being daft. I have sent alternative rss feeds so I know myAudi is linked etc.

Thanks

I linked mine up in myAudi before I ever used it in the car. I suspect the problem is on the myAudi end rather than the car end.

I've never managed to get the Facebook Messages section to work, seems to be an error there with their webservice for that particular feature.

Do you need to register twitter with you system through the Audi Connect webpage first?

Yes. You link it all up to facebook and twitter on the website, then connect to the car with the pin number it provides.

Thanks chaps. This is the thing, I got Facebook connected fine using the PIN generated and logging on in the car. When I click 'activate' on Twitter in myAudi it says I need to use the service once in the car before I can configure further in myAudi. When I select Twitter in the car it states I need to activate in myAudi before I can use it. A vicious circle ensues. Is there any way to unlink your car in myAudi and start over?

Thanks chaps. This is the thing, I got Facebook connected fine using the PIN generated and logging on in the car. When I click 'activate' on Twitter in myAudi it says I need to use the service once in the car before I can configure further in myAudi. When I select Twitter in the car it states I need to activate in myAudi before I can use it. A vicious circle ensues. Is there any way to unlink your car in myAudi and start over?

I reluctantly use Facebook for the business I'm involved with and I wondered how I set it up on My.Audi and then use it in the car with Connect Services. I HAVE done a search veeeight (!!) but can't find anything relevant. My Facebook login for business is different to my personal name in case that is relevant! It's only just to see it working and I cannot imagine I'll be posting to and from there in the car LOL

Any ideas as you say you got Facebook set up OK.