Ex demo S3 discounts

dragon

Reaction score
Evening guys.

i've been researching main dealer websites looking for an ex demo nearly new S3. What kind of discount would you expect off their list price for an October 13 car with options priced around 35k?

thanks in advance for any advice.

Every newish S3 iv seen on Audi dealership secondhand have been expensive.
Cheaper ordering a new one and speccing it urself :)
Probably get better deals when there isn't as many folk still waiting for one :)

The ones I've seen are all manual and start at £32k, which seems to me that as there is a waiting time of 3-4months for them, they are asking almost new prices. How much discount you can negociate on the those prices I have no idea.
You know how those cars have been driven, and at those prices I'd order a new one from Kings Lynn Audi as they are doing 7% off new ones.

I've asked a couple of dealers this in the past, and if you are using finance buy new! And if your buying a S3, many dealers are saying they can ask full price for a used one as the waiting list is so long for factory orders. Also if your keeping the car for a long time, think how each of those taking the car demo have driven it? I know how I drove the one I had with 400 miles on!

The ones I've seen are all manual and start at £32k, which seems to me that as there is a waiting time of 3-4months for them, they are asking almost new prices. How much discount you can negociate on the those prices I have no idea.
You know how those cars have been driven, and at those prices I'd order a new one from Kings Lynn Audi as they are doing 7% off new ones.

orange wheels are offering more than 9% at the mo.

There's a demonstrator at kings lynn audi at the moment, red, manual, lots of upgrades.. 32k.

I wouldn't touch a new S3demo at all. They will all have been thrashed by enthusiasts (us) and wannabes,

Buy new or wait a year or so for a loved example would be my advice!

Reactions: Battlekrapz and paullowther
I wouldn't touch a new S3demo at all. They will all have been thrashed by enthusiasts (us) and wannabes,

To be honest it's difficult to 'thrash' something like an S3, unless it's on a race track. And if youre not going to drive it like you stole it why bother buying such a car? I hope it's not just for it's looks?

I certainly don't dislike the looks of the A/S3 .. far nicer than the crap MB and BMW are selling at present.

Whilst enjoying a blast I don't think all S3 owners drive like nutters as you imply. I have done 2 Police Advanced Driver courses over the years and do not subscribe to the notion of driving madly or badly...

Depends on the age of the demo.......if its only a couple of months old with a couple of thousand miles on the clock the amount of abuse would be limited and as Steeve says "its it's difficult to 'thrash' something like an S3, unless it's on a race track" and then there is always the warranty to fall back on.

A six month old demo with 10k+ on the clock is a totally different proposition though.

i absolutely abused and thrashed the demo i was offered, as i tend to drive hard and unsympathetically anyway.

i caned the gearbox, instigated understeer, dis-armed the TC and generally tried to break it.

i very much doubt the car would consider this amount of abuse normal and it's doubtful i'd treat my own car to such extremes, but my current Daily Driver [a Honda Mugen M20] has been thouroughly distressed, thrashed and abused and hasn't even used a drop of oil, nor missed a beat over the last few years.

there's little doubt in my mind that the Audi S3 will not be capable of this amount of abuse, but it's what I'm used to delivering to obtain any "real" performance [as the Mugen is 240bhp @ 9250rpm and very little torque, thereby needs a thrashing].

also we're extremely lucky to live in the mountains, so have some wonderful opportunities to drive to the absolute legal limit in all weather conditions.

regarding the demonstrator, as I said, i was wholeheartedly unsympathetic to it mechanically. I'd definitely not buy something I'd demo'ed.

i'll be extremely disapointed if the S3 doesn't deliver the same level of reliability as my Honda and I hope the dealer will accept all of my "special" requirements as and when. Honda looked after me particularly well, as do Porsche........

I think the point is, any demo cars are effectively full price anyway. Unless you need it now, just put an order in and build the car you want. Or wait a year or so to let the rush die down.

Reactions: PilotAudi