JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

S3 Saloon price and small review

Not sure if this has been posted yet...

£34,750 for the S-tronic.
    2014 Audi S3 saloon review, specs and pictures

It really is a stunning looking Car imo.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Derbz View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted yet...

£34,750 for the S-tronic.
    2014 Audi S3 saloon review, specs and pictures

It really is a stunning looking Car imo.
    wow that's quite a bit more than the sportback - odd seeing as people in Europe, esp uk prefer hatchbacks you would have thought it would be cheaper

I was going to get one but the rear seat headroom and space is too small/tight - at 6ft my head touched the rooflining and getting in and out was fun, not!

Neutral

Status
    2k more than sportback, will be interesting to see if you get any extras that dont come with the sportback as standard though.

Hopefully the 19s are included in the price.

6th Gear

Status
    I like this bit "On the plus side, the S3 saloon is a real looker, with its shape, stance and proportions working far better than those of the dumpy Sportback"
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cuke2u View Post
    I like this bit "On the plus side, the S3 saloon is a real looker, with its shape, stance and proportions working far better than those of the dumpy Sportback"

I do like the sportback but i think the 2k premium for the saloon makes up for it in looks alone.

Neutral

Status
    I'm seriously considering an S3 saloon.

Just got to weigh up if I want to sell my Tiguan & R8, and just have the one car (S3) instead.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cuke2u View Post
    I am more of a dumpy sportsback fan , but I do think the A/S3 saloon it makes the A4 saloon a little bit redundant, as is very similar, cheaper and slightly better looking ? Most people will not know the difference at a glance.
    It must knock the sales of the A4 a bit, but have no doubt Audi have a plan that will make lots of money for them.
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by royalsteve68 View Post
    wow that's quite a bit more than the sportback - odd seeing as people in Europe, esp uk prefer hatchbacks you would have thought it would be cheaper

I was going to get one but the rear seat headroom and space is too small/tight - at 6ft my head touched the rooflining and getting in and out was fun, not!
    I don't know why you say that you have a problem getting in and out of the rear of the saloon. You do know that the headroom is only 1.2 inches less than the sportback, the legroom is the same however the saloon has a wider track and is longer. So why you make that into a problem I don't know. I am sure that really it isn't that bigger deal as the difference is very very small. My daughters boyfriend at 6' 4" drives a Fiat Punto and has no problem, he has sat in the back of our focus and our fiesta and also doesn't have a problem and is able to get in and out of them easily so I doubt very much if getting into the A3 saloon is going to bother him much either. So, do you drive your car from the rear seat, or maybe you buy a car sorely for your rear passengers, I certainly don't I make my own choices...
    Last edited by cuke2u; 19th November 2013 at 18:50.
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by royalsteve68 View Post

buy Skoda Superb, same money 5 x times more space

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Breit View Post
    buy Skoda Superb, same money 5 x times more space
    Yes... except it's cheaper (I have a Superb and an A3 on order....)