Wrong Registration Plates!

bpnike

Reaction score
Im sharing this with you as i think its quite funny.......
Picked up my new a3 on tuesday and was so excited that i haven't realised until today that my number plate doesn't match the reg on the tax disc (one letter difference). The best part was when i did the reg check on the dvla website only to find out that my reg doesn't exist (the one on the tax disc was the right one)

After contacting the audi watford they have apologised and told me to come on monday to collect new number plates.

Reactions: cemerson and paullowther
Simple mistakes can happen but depending on the mood. I think Audi should come to your house and install the new plate.

Could have saved you a fortune in speeding/parking tickets!
A few years back I spotted my secretary had a new Vauxhall thing with a different number on the rear and front plates..

This happened to me a few years ago with a new Ford Fiesta, luckily I spotted it before driving away as I got to choose my number plate before collection.

Who would be at fault if you were pulled by the police? I'm guessing all blame lands on the driver?

A friend of mine, a few years back before ANPR cameras, bought a used Audi and had been driving around for best part of a year before he discovered it was on the wrong plates. The garage had left the private plates on it from the previous owner, who had transferred them to his new merc., so there were two cars with the same plates. He had I suppose seen no reason to check the reg no. on the V5c when it was sent.

They have called and offered to come to my work place to replace them and of course apologise for the mixup. They have also replaced my ami cables for the red collar ones. All good now!

Make sure they remove all of the old sticky pads most dealers seem to use these days. They are a pig to get off and will leave them on if you dont keep an eye on them. Plus (personal bugbear) make sure they put them on central and level.

I was given the wrong warranty and service book, the details are not those for my car!

Make sure they remove all of the old sticky pads most dealers seem to use these days. They are a pig to get off and will leave them on if you dont keep an eye on them. Plus (personal bugbear) make sure they put them on central and level

Best thing for those sticky pads is a pressure washer - takes them straight off :)