Sky InsuranceChris Nott

Thread: Delivery miles

Neutral

Status

Delivery miles

Hi all,

Just ordered my A3 1.8 SB. What sort of delivery miles is everyone getting? Should I be expecting something around 50 or? And one other thing- has anyone been been able to get the dealership to deliver with a full tank of gas?

Have a good weekend!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    My A3 had 10 miles when collected and the wifes A1 had 8 miles, seen some people quote figures of up to 20. Somewhere around 15 would seem about right.
    Current - Audi A1 S-Line 2 1.4 TFSI S Tronic 185 - Scuba Blue - Bose - Nav - Comfort Pack

Current - Audi A3 Saloon 2.0 TDI S Line - Glacier White - B & O - Advanced Key - Hill Hold - Tech Pack - Comfort Pack - Park System Plus.

Past - Audi A3 3 door 2.0 TDI S Line '13' - Daytona Grey - B & O - Advanced Key - Hill Hold - Tech Pack - Comfort Pack - Park System Plus.

Previous - Audi A3 8P 2008 2.0 TDI S Line Quattro
    Previous - Audi A3 8P 2006 2.0 TDI S Line

5th Gear

Status
    One of my company cars had 7 miles on it. 2 years later it had 145,000 miles on it.
    Audi A3 8P Sport Back 170BHP (And I Love it)

web page: philseagust.co.uk
    E-Mail:info@philseagust.co.uk

1st Gear

Status
    Mine had 1 on it and a full tank....

5th Gear

Status
    Never got a full tank, I think one car had over 40 miles on it :-(

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil-1 View Post
    One of my company cars had 7 miles on it. 2 years later it had 145,000 miles on it.
    145k in 2 years!!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    :wow: 145k in 2 years!!
    It's not as bad as that now. I'm only doing 60,000 a year now. Done that for the past 16 years. That's about 960.000 miles.

4th Gear

Status
    That's insane. I'll do 5k this year! The joys of working from home!
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

5th Gear

Status
    I work all over the UK and Europe. Last long trip was England, Wales, Southern Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland then back home to England all in 36 hours. I think that was 800-900 miles

1st Gear

Status
    Mine had 30 something miles on it when I collected. Explanation given from the dealer was that the PDI had been done at another of their branches (the paperwork supported this) and then driven over. Still a bit concerned someone else had a test drive in the car as well, but then I like to worry!
    A3 8V 1.8T 6 speed 3 door S line - Daytona Grey. Interior lighting pack, privacy glass, comfort pack, electric folding heated dimming door mirrors, tyre pressure monitor, electric lumbar support, cruise control, acoustic parking system rear, B&O sound system and now SD Sat-Nav!

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by driver_tim View Post
    Mine had 30 something miles on it when I collected. Explanation given from the dealer was that the PDI had been done at another of their branches (the paperwork supported this) and then driven over. Still a bit concerned someone else had a test drive in the car as well, but then I like to worry!
    What's PDI by the way?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanytchan View Post
    What's PDI by the way?
    Pre-Delivery Inspection
    A3 8V 1.8T 6 speed 3 door S line - Daytona Grey. Interior lighting pack, privacy glass, comfort pack, electric folding heated dimming door mirrors, tyre pressure monitor, electric lumbar support, cruise control, acoustic parking system rear, B&O sound system and now SD Sat-Nav!

Reverse Gear

Status
    19 on mine and half a tank of diesel

SJW
    1st Gear

Status
    10 miles on the clock for me. Half a tank of fuel.
    Sportback / 2TDI / Manual / S-Line / Amalfi White / Sport Suspension /
    Alcantara Leather Split / Heated Seats / Elec Lumbar / Phone Box / Audi Sound System / Sat Nav /
    Privacy Glass / Through Load / Rear Side Airbags / Tyre Pressure Monitor

3rd Gear

Status
    Anything more than 10 miles is unacceptable, in fact, imagine the gunning they'll get by some valeter from the wash bay to the dealership.... I once saw a new golf gti gunned from the valet bay and it dropped a valve, blowing the engine head.".... I was shocked.!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    Anything more than 10 miles is unacceptable, in fact, imagine the gunning they'll get by some valeter from the wash bay to the dealership.... I once saw a new golf gti gunned from the valet bay and it dropped a valve, blowing the engine head.".... I was shocked.!
    Next to where i work used to be a garage that did car tuning etc.
    The young lad that used to drive cars round the back of the warehouse's to wash them used to thrash the cars, i saw him when he was showing off one day, he floored the accelerator on a brand new Lotus Elise (when they first came out) as he pulled out, he got 10m down the lane before he lost control, slammed sideways into a kerb and flipped the car on 2 wheels and very nearly flipped the car on its roof, but only just came down the right way up!
    he wrote off all 4 alloys and tyres, messed up the suspension, and damaged the body work, etc.
    all this in front of most of his work mates and bosses !
    it was quite spectacular to watch.
    They must have had to do some serious explaining to the customer !

It was a bit like this Lamborghini crash, but far more spectacular

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1pgm8I0...%3D1pgm8I0B8bY
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

Third Gear

Status
    6 on mine

mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    That's insane. I'll do 5k this year! The joys of working from home!
    watching Jeremy Kyle. yeh wheres my gun or tin of paint

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragup View Post
    Next to where i work used to be a garage that did car tuning etc.
    The young lad that used to drive cars round the back of the warehouse's to wash them used to thrash the cars, i saw him when he was showing off one day, he floored the accelerator on a brand new Lotus Elise (when they first came out) as he pulled out, he got 10m down the lane before he lost control, slammed sideways into a kerb and flipped the car on 2 wheels and very nearly flipped the car on its roof, but only just came down the right way up!
    he wrote off all 4 alloys and tyres, messed up the suspension, and damaged the body work, etc.
    all this in front of most of his work mates and bosses !
    it was quite spectacular to watch.
    They must have had to do some serious explaining to the customer !

It was a bit like this Lamborghini crash, but far more spectacular

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1pgm8I0...%3D1pgm8I0B8bY
    ]

Neutral

Status
    Is it worth it if I tell them to minimise delivery miles i.e forget about filling up the tank too? Or just accept it if the mileage is under 10

1st Gear

Status
    8 on mine when collected and half tank petrol (eventually got him to fill it up before taken it)
    On order (June 2013):
    Audi A3 Sportback Sport 1.4 TFSI, Scuba Blue, Xenon light package, Comfort package, Folding door mirrors & Advance Key
    Confirmed build date early August Built, delivery September for 63 plate, ​collection on 2nd Sept 12pm COLLECTED

2nd Gear

Status
    Ahahahahahaha..........

3rd Gear

Status
    Had anything between 12 and 50.

2nd Gear

Status
    When we had an r8gt come through it had 87 miles on it but they are taken on an extensive road test before being shipped over. I'll let you guys know when mine arrives but I'm hoping 2 maybe 3 hopefully!
    2010 S3 Sportback
    Miltek cat-back non res / soon to be wrapped!!.....
    **Message for parts enquiries in Kent**

2nd Gear

Status

Delivery miles

Anything more than 10 miles is unacceptable, in fact, imagine the gunning they'll get by some valeter from the wash bay to the dealership.
    >10 miles unacceptable? No - that's an unrealistic expectation. You'd be hard pushed to get anywhere with arguing if the mileage was below ~50 (excluding driven delivery).

Having said that, mine had 8, and my previous Audi had 9 miles on it.

Do they get ragged before delivery? Depends on the garage but most dealers nowadays wouldn't want to risk the customer (or a potential customer) spotting it. Some 3rd party valeters or the dock workers who unload them - quite probably do. Someone posted on here ~6 months ago about that as he heard them driven hard as he was passing one of the docks where cars were being unloaded..

John.
    Enjoying my 8V

AJB
    1st Gear

Status
    Anything more than 10 miles is unacceptable, in fact, imagine the gunning they'll get by some valeter from the wash bay to the dealership....
    I don't think that's a reasonable expectation in my experience... Obviously the fewer miles the better, but in my experience of 3 new cars over the years, from memory, I think my Octavia had about 15 miles back in 2002, my wife's MINI had about 13 miles in 2005, and my new A3 had 11.

Neutral

Status
    my a4 audi cab had 4 miles on it
    got the photo somewhere
    The more i know the less i understand...
    2013 Audi A3 2.0 Tdi 150 S Line DSG, pan roof tech pack comfort pack light pack sat nav
    2012 Audi A3 2.0 Tdi 140 S Line DSG Black Edition

2007 Audi A3 2.0 Tdi 170 SE DSG with all the S Line bits vortex skirts

Gone but not forgotten
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 Tdi S-line Final Edition ( 4 year old only covered 4750 miles)

Neutral

Status
    Also my dealer told me that the cars are shipped in a 'limp mode' with most of the features inactive, so the guys in the ports only have the necessary functions available to them. Only when the dealer does the PDI and activates the MMI etc. can you get all the functions and power. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Think mine had 7 miles and a full tank of fuel.
    A3 Sportback 1.8TFSI S-Line S-Tronic, Daytona Grey, Alum Roof Rails, Tech pack, Comfort pack, Adaptive cruise, Int light pack, Audi sound, DAB, Folding mirrors, Reversable luggage mat, 5yr warranty.

1st Gear

Status
    It used to be the case ( not sure if still the case) that the dealer could reset the mileage to zero, as long as mileage hadn't gone above a certain figure. I know this to be true as when I got my R32 a few years ago the mileage was something like 5 miles, but when you looked at the trip computer you could see the car had done quite a few more.
    8V S3; Sportback, S-Tronic, Monsoon Grey, Aluminium Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, Supersport Seats, Comfort Pack, Technology Pack High, Bang & Olufsen, Folding, Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Extended Mono.Pur, Parking System Plus, Reversing Camera, Rear Side Airbags, Reversible Boot Mat, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Hold Assist

Lurker

Status
    Collected today, 14 miles on mine with half a tank of petrol.
    8V 1.8 TFSI S-line Sportback
    Daytona Grey | B&O | Privacy Glass | Tech pack | Comfort pack | Interior Light pack | Through Load facility | Sports Suspension |
    Mods to fit | Ali pedals | H&R Spacers 10mm front & 15mm rear |

1st Gear

Status
    Collected mine today, 12 on the clock with 3/4 tank of fuel.

Si.
    A3 S-Line 1.4 TFSI COD Manual in Glacier White with Comfort Pack including Park Plus, S-Line Sports Suspension and SD Card Based Sat Nav.

3rd Gear

Status
    Mine had 36 miles and a full tank of fuel. Not bothered tho.

2nd Gear

Status
    I just picked up and had 10 miles on it and just over 1/2 tank of fuel, oh and free chocolates.
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

Neutral

Status
    Cant remember 15 maybe at the most, remember wondering which side the trip and mileage was at first, no chocolates but a bottle of champagne for me, if i'd known they did them would have hinted at some of those as well.

Oh and I remember thinking the range on the DIS looked a bit rubbish compared to the 8p sportback I had been driving for a couple of months but I since reckon the tank must be a bit smaller, makes sense because I remember being surprised it had more than half a tank showing despite them probably only putting the same £20 in or so for delivery.