Miles to a tank...

Louis85

Reaction score
Evening All,

Just got my A3 S-Line SB last week and filled up for first time today. Was really shocked that computer was only showing about 350 miles to empty despite being completely full.

Is this normal? What are you guys getting to a full tank? Does the SB have a smaller tank than 3 door?

Cheers

Chris

Seems pretty poor.

What engine do you have?

Mine does about 450-500 miles per tank, and is a 2.0 TDI 184 Quattro S-line S-tronic.

Just filled my A4 2.0tdi up, range is showing 810 to empty :)
I normally average about 540ish

Last edited:
2.0ltr tdi 150bhp....

My brother in law has same engine in 3 door and he's getting 450-500 to a tank.

Im confused :unsure:

Reactions: SJW
Also depends on how you drive, the roads you drive on I.e motorway, A road, B road.
Even down to the quality of fuel you use, supermarket = crap, shell = best

Relax its only a rough calculation, drive a bit that will change.

I'm getting 540-550 miles for each tank. The first displayed miles to empty was something similar to what you have had. This will change/ climb with subsequent fill ups and as Daveotto/ Jimmy & NHn say, it will alter inline with your driving style. I've got a 2TDI and I'm very happy with the mpg & driving in dynamic mode all the time. Quite a bit of time was spent in auto but the trade off in mpg is negligible.

Reactions: Debs and JimmyH
So far managing about 470 - 490 miles per tank currently. Only has about 1800 on the clock though. DIS has read a 60.1mpg on a couple of longer journeys however. ( I know that its not totally accurate, but hey it make you feel good!)

I think I need to measure the accuracy of the on board mpg display. Next time I fill up I'm going to start recording figures and work out how accurate it is!

If its like mine, its off by ~8% by my calculations. Although Audi apparently won't adjust it unless it >10% out!

Mine only showed about 380 after first fill up, it usually shows 500ish now after 4k. So don't worry.

Mark

I'm getting around 500 - 540 miles out of my 2.0 TDI (150) now, really started improving once it had about 10k on the clock.

Best tank to tank range was 590 miles, this was on non stop stint from Aberdeen to the south coast and part way back.

In the early days it would only get around 450 to a full tank.

Last edited: