Will the headlights drain my Battery?

misthills

Reaction score
I have a basic question - if you have the headlights on the 8v set to something other than auto and you turn the engine off/leave the car, will the lights turn off or buzz to indicate that you have left them on?

The reason I ask is that I recently flattened the battery on my Landcruiser which has no warning if you leave the lights on and was chatting to a friend who said he done the same on his Audi when he had the lights set to on rather than auto. I was a bit surprised as I assumed in this day and age a car wouldn't let you make that sort of mistake.

Hi, if you open the door with your lights on a warning buzzer should sound...

With any Audi your headlights will turn off automatically as soon as you turn off the ignition and take out the key. The warning buzzer will sound if your leave your parking lights on.

With any Audi your headlights will turn off automatically as soon as you turn off the ignition and take out the key. The warning buzzer will sound if your leave your parking lights on.

Thanks Guys - what I would have expected. Not sure how my friend managed to drain his battery (twice apparently).

I don't think I've had my headlights on 'on' yet at all - auto works fine for me, but it certainly turns them off automatically in that mode!