EM TuningChris Nott
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: How good is the sat nav?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    It's not the same thing - adaptive lights is left/right adjustment, dynamic range is up/down
    Ah i see. Thanks for clarifying.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Quote Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
    Ah i see. Thanks for clarifying.
    Having just looked at an Owner's Manual, on page 59 it says "On vehicles with LED headlights or xenon headings with turning light, the headlight dip settings must be modified if you drive a right-hand vehicle in a left-hand drive country or visa versa. Otherwise you will dazzle oncoming traffic. On vehicles with regular halogen or xenon headlights, it is not necessary to change the dip settings".
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
    Stupid question. I have the code 8Q3 (Automatic headlight-range adjustment dynamic), is this the adaptive lights system?
    But still can't seem to change the light direction in MMI to drive in europe, as its greyed out and wouldn't let me select.
    Wondering if this can be changed with coding.
    Why would you want to change it with coding? Its obviously greyed out for a reason,not because something is wrong, suggesting that it is done by the Sat-Nav. It's not so unusual.

The Sat-Nav turns the adaptive turning lights on when you pass a junction - I think it can work out if you're in a different country...

The Sat-Nav doesn't need to be in use for the GPS receiver to be working.
    A3 2.0 TDI Sportback Sport : Scuba Blue : Xenon Light Pack : Technology Pack : Audi Sound System : DAB : Hill Hold Assist : Comfort Pack....
    and Sport Suspension

Quote Originally Posted by jet_andy View Post
    Why would you want to change it with coding? Its obviously greyed out for a reason,not because something is wrong, suggesting that it is done by the Sat-Nav. It's not so unusual.

The Sat-Nav turns the adaptive turning lights on when you pass a junction - I think it can work out if you're in a different country...

The Sat-Nav doesn't need to be in use for the GPS receiver to be working.
    As you have the Xenon Light Package which includes Adaptive headlights with Xenon Plus headlights I assume the option will not be 'greyed out' in your MMI screen. This is because your car will need to be changed for using in a left-hand drive country.

If it is greyed out then it may well be done by the Sat/Nav if you have that fitted.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

6th Gear

Status
    I think greyed out means you don't need to change it (though I don't understand this - surely the beam patterns are different left and right?). I have sat nav but the option to change side of the road is available for me to change.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345