EM TuningSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

A3 1.8 Quattro - 250 or 280 NM of torque?

The Audi website gives a figure of 250NM of torque for the A3 1.8 tfsi quattro +6 speed DSG) but a number of people on this forum seem to think it has 280NM whilst the 1.8 fwd with 7 speed DSG has 250NM.

Anyone know for certain which is correct?

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Hi, the brochure gives it at 250Nm...
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

Neutral

Status
    On the 2.0 tdi 150, the website quotes 340 Nm but the brochure says 320 Nm

A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI 150 S Line - Brilliant Black, Black Styling Package, Black Roof Rails, Model and Tech Deletion, Comfort Package, Audi Sound System, SD Sat Nav, Privacy Glass, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Package, Hold Assist, Through Load Facility, Non Smoking Pack and S Line Suspension.

5th Gear

Status
    Seems rather strange. On my car it has a overboost function, have the A3's the same?
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

AJB
    1st Gear

Status
    I've seen 280 somewhere (can't remember where - sorry), but I've seen 250 in lots of places too.

I think the same basic engine in A4, A5 etc gives 320Nm (from memory), so I suspect it's been mapped down to 250Nm so that it can work with the 7 speed S-Tronic (which supports max 250Nm).

The 6 speed S-Tronic can take more torque, and quattro would do a better job of getting that torque to the road than FWD, so when I first saw 280Nm I thought it made sense for Audi to have upped the output. But maybe they haven't and it's a mistake...

Sorry, I'm not being any use really!