Car Nicknames

They have a selection. Not really fussy but sometimes there is a nice one. Wouldn't pay for one though.. ;-) hope you're not trying to wind me up CRA 1 G ??

Not at all, just interested to hear that you are going to personalise your registration selection is all.

It will not be personalised. Might just have 3 letters that lend themselves to a Nickname .

But not that fussed. I certainly don't what a 'look at me' plate. Nice subtle Q car Audi ;-)

Interesting thread, I thought it was just my wife that named their cars haha

All my cars just get called "The Yak" for obvious reasons but my wife's A1 is called "Phillip" as in Schofield as it is black with a silver roof! Not that Schofield is black but he does have a silver top!!

all my cars get nicknames :)
starting from the start:

hyundai coupe: Batmobile (i also got called batman haha)
jeep wrangler: Tommy (the tank)
seat ibiza: Venga (because the venga boys went to ibiza :eek:)
Audi a4 1.9tdi: LOR (lord of the rings)
porsche 944s: Polly
Subaru Impreza: Ron (its reg was R768 ONN)
VW Corrado VR6: Colin
Seat Exeo: Ozie
Audi A5: Artie
Audi S3 (on order): has been given the nickname Sully from monsters inc, because it can be scary but can also be a softy :) (my kids named this one lol)

Thats my list so far :D

Last edited:
Interesting thread as I never given any nicknames to any my cars and to be quite honest never thought about it at all!!!

We only ever call our two cars 'the A3' or the 'the A1' - we're just boring...

Most enthusiasts love their cars and most things we love have names, people, dogs, cats and CARS. Just my opinion Dave !

Last edited:
Called my white VW Scirocco: white beauty

No idea how I'll call my new S3... Lady in red maybe? :)

Last edited:
We only ever call our two cars 'the A3' or the 'the A1' - we're just boring...

Thinking about it, we generally use even more exciting names of 'my car' and 'your car' - as in 'Shall we go in your car or mine'.. We never given names as such to any of our cars. Even now if we refer to one our previous cars we just it's registration number or something like the Red GTi or the Silver VR6. We both know exactly which car we are referring to.

Reactions: Battlekrapz
I've had about ten Golfs who all got called Rolf.
At one stage I had a Prodrive STi so bought a run around, a Nissan Almera that was called Vera