Chris NottJMB Retrofits
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: How many times did you alter your order once placed?

5th Gear

Status

How many times did you alter your order once placed?

I'm trying to judge when I should start feeling guilty about changing my order all the time.

So, as a bit of fun, how many times and for what reasons have you changed your a3/s3 order once you first placed it?

I'm currently on 4 changes, possibly looking at a 5th today for colour.

added connect to tech pack £300
    added hill hold assist £90
    added lane assist + variable high beam £450 + £75
    added front parking sensors (park system plus) and deleted no smoker pack £250

total (so far) £1165!

This forum has a lot to answer for!!
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Zero times, knew exactly what i wanted. Feeeeeeeel guiltyyyyyyyyyyy now?!?

5th Gear

Status
    Twice on the same option ......sport suspension...........SE suspension......and back to sport suspension
    TDI-line and Flugel Hound like this.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

6th Gear

Status
    Not once...
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

1st Gear

Status
    Zero
    A3 8V 1.8T 6 speed 3 door S line - Daytona Grey. Interior lighting pack, privacy glass, comfort pack, electric folding heated dimming door mirrors, tyre pressure monitor, electric lumbar support, cruise control, acoustic parking system rear, B&O sound system and now SD Sat-Nav!

4th Gear

Status
    Once for me.

Changed from Estoril to Panther
    Added Black Styling
    Added Black Inlays
    Added Extended Mono.

Tried also however to add super sports seats but was too late (not too fussed about this though, saved me a tidy £700 odd)

2nd Gear

Status
    Once - so far! Added progressive steering.

Neutral

Status
    Once so far - Hold Assist and Dimming Door Mirrors. Have specced virtually everything else except Mag Ride and the 'assistance' pack as I'm not keen on having all that tech interfering (although ACC crept in).

4th Gear

Status
    Twice for me.
    first time added hold hill assist and SD sat nav, second time xenon light package.

Very pleased that I did.

Other fleeting options of advanced key and colour change, but stuck with what I had.
    1st sept 2013 collection, proudly owning:
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.

1st Gear

Status
    Just once for me.
    Interior LED light pack,
    Auto lights with dimming mirror
    Aluminium interior trim

Just got to wait till Wednesday now.
    car2.jpg

1st Gear

Status
    Interesting... My dealer told me that once he put the order in I couldn't change it!... (Not that I want to anyway... 😜)

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PembsA3 View Post
    Interesting... My dealer told me that once he put the order in I couldn't change it!... (Not that I want to anyway... ������)
    He lied for whatever reason. You can always change your order up until the point when your order is locked by the factory because it's close to being produced.

1st Gear

Status
    Once, when I added:
    Folding mirrors and Tyre pressure warning.
    Week 40: Brilliant Red S3 SB, manual, luna silver alcantara, anthracite alloys, comfort pack, non smoking package, tyre pressure warn, folding mirrors, cruise control, rear parking sensors, SD-satnav.
    Delivered on-time.

5th Gear

Status
    Ok I'm starting to feel bad now... I haven't actually removed anything (except the no smoker pack) so maybe it's just me adding stuff in secret from swmbo...
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

2nd Gear

Status
    Zero, because I found this forum few months before I ordered so read and checked EVERYTHING in advance.

It did mean I added extras to original planned spec. before I ordered,
    £1500 ish worth of extra options (Pano, Audi sound system, Interior lights, Hill hold etc.) by being tempted by the reviews,
    Oh and upgraded sport to S Line £1650 ish extra,
    Oh and went for 1.4 tfsi to C.O.D. £850 extra,
    Oh and changed for 3 door to sportsback £620.
    Oh and 4 year warantee and 30000 mile service pack £644 !
    'edit' oh and pearlescent paint £525

This FREE forum has cost me £ 5789 ish extra (Bl**dy Hell ! , never added it up like that before,)
    But it help me get £1400 ish discount (wouldn't have known possible after first conversation with salesman, if it wasn't for this forum)

Warning : this forum is Seriously bad for you wallet !
    (but might save you a bit back and will definitely put a bigger smile on your face when you get your car and keep it there for longer !)

Last edited by Fragup; 9th November 2013 at 19:19.
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragup View Post
    Warning : this forum is Seriously bad for you wallet !
    Exactly!! Why did I register on here?!

Oh yes, I remember, it was to give me the kick up the rear I needed to spec the car correctly and without compromise.

The only thing the forum doesn't do is help with paying for it all!
    Fragup likes this.

6th Gear

Status
    Zero... a lot of research before ordering though, even so far as to borrow a manual to read!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Banned

Status
    All this talk about alterations is getting me thinking...

Do I want Tech + Connect?
    Do I want supersport seats?
    Do I want through load and armrest
    Do I want driver assist?

Answer... Of course I do BUT are they worth the extra

Connect appears not to work well and costs unknown!
    Super seats... Mrs likes Alcantara option not available on SS
    Through load let me know next week if we've found the current through load useful
    Driver assist.... Am I completely helpless???
    Last edited by PilotAudi; 10th November 2013 at 07:33.

3rd Gear

Status
    order on 18/10, changed today and add

hill hold
    added audi connect to tech pack
    electric lumbar
    led headlights

added to my original spec
    misano red
    pano roof (damn forum - wasn't gonna order till I saw this thread and saw one in the flesh on an s3)
    aluminium roof bars
    tech pack with audi connect (damn forum)
    high beam assist
    B&O
    auto fold mirrors
    comfort pack
    interior led (damn forum)
    privacy glass

5th Gear

Status
    Nice spec, there is a few extra quid been added yesterday then with the LED lights too

Neutral

Status
    Once. Today I added the Audi Music System. Just when I thought I had it all sorted, I read a comment on here and before I knew it, an email was winging its way to the salesman.
    cemerson likes this.
    2014 1.4 TFSi S Line Manual Sportback in Glacier White with comfort pack, heated seats, Audi music system, panoramic roof, privacy glass, tyre pressure monitoring system & hold assist

1st Gear

Status
    Changed once, added lumbar support and LED lights.

Other options have been considered, but with Audi I think you need to either have loads of cash or some control and know when to stop.
    Last Car A5 Coupe 1.8 Sport,
    Current car 3 Door A1 1.4 (185) S line - Misano Red with contrast line, arm rest, 18" sline alloys, Xenon, Climate, tyre pressure monitor
    Next Car 3 Door S3 Stronic - Estoril Blue, Comfort Pack, LED Headlights, mono.pur, heated folding mirrors, AHH, B&O, parking plus, lighting pack, tyre pressure monitor

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlekrapz View Post
    He lied for whatever reason. You can always change your order up until the point when your order is locked by the factory because it's close to being produced.
    Interesting, I was also told I could not change the order. I was thinking of changing Amalfi White to Red.

Neutral

Status
    Make that 4 times now.

1. Added hold assist
    2. Then Audi music system
    3. Then tyre pressure monitoring system
    4. And finally due to this cold snap, heated seats have been added too!

Bloody hell! I should have just bought an S3
    2014 1.4 TFSi S Line Manual Sportback in Glacier White with comfort pack, heated seats, Audi music system, panoramic roof, privacy glass, tyre pressure monitoring system & hold assist

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by McAudi View Post
    Make that 4 times now.

1. Added hold assist
    2. Then Audi music system
    3. Then tyre pressure monitoring system
    4. And finally due to this cold snap, heated seats have been added too!

Bloody hell! I should have just bought an S3
    You should but the only one of the above you get as standard are heated seats... the one option I cannot be arsed with (pardon the pun) and they come as standard!!

6th Gear

Status
    I added heated seats on a bit of a whim (all pre-order when I was finalising the spec to myself), but I'm so glad I have them now things are getting cold. My car after a couple of minutes is an incredibly comfortable place to be in this weather!
    McAudi likes this.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Neutral

Status
    TBH, it's not something that I have selected as a luxury, but more of a necessity. I suffer from cold hands/ feet and have read that heating the core will vastly improve my condition. So an S3 doesn't even have TPM, Audi music system and hold assist as standard? I thought it had all the bells and whistles such as a B&O stereo.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    I added heated seats on a bit of a whim (all pre-order when I was finalising the spec to myself), but I'm so glad I have them now things are getting cold. My car after a couple of minutes is an incredibly comfortable place to be in this weather!
    Music to my ears. Driving home in my Civic 2.2 diesel last night, I though my ASS was going to weld itself to the driver's seat!

Banned

Status
    TBH, it's not something that I have selected as a luxury, but more of a necessity. I suffer from cold hands/ feet and have read that heating the core will vastly improve my condition. So an S3 doesn't even have TPM, Audi music system and hold assist as standard? I thought it had all the bells and whistles such as a B&O stereo.
    Not unless the Welsh versions are different !! ;-)

3rd Gear

Status
    Those who made changes, if you already had a build week at the time did the change of spec affect the build week?
    The only thing I would have added was hold assist but I was afraid even a little thing like that could change the build week.
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by snakehips View Post
    Those who made changes, if you already had a build week at the time did the change of spec affect the build week?
    The only thing I would have added was hold assist but I was afraid even a little thing like that could change the build week.
    no, in fact the more i ordered the sooner it came on the build date !

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Not unless the Welsh versions are different !! ;-)
    I've just checked with Audi and the Welsh version is different. It also comes with a sheep holder on the boot for those intimate occasions ;-)
    PilotAudi, Fragup and paullowther like this.

2nd Gear

Status
    I've just checked with Audi and the Welsh version is different. It also comes with a sheep holder on the boot for those intimate occasions ;-)
    I guess that's an extra in the comfort pack for ewe
    McAudi likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    no, in fact the more i ordered the sooner it came on the build date !
    yep, same here.

5th Gear

Status
    so you are a fellow Raynaulds sufferer then. I too suffer badly and you will love heated seats. If we had the option of the aux petrol heater in this country I'd buy that too. Had it on a range rover and is excellent, as was the heated steering wheel too!

keeping your core warm is the key to managing - I presume you own a decent down filled coat?
    McAudi likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    i am no Doctor, but S3 engine and B&O might get your blood pumping a bit faster and help circulation !
    That would be a great excuse to buy.
    Sorry I had to have a S3 for medicinal purposes !
    Jeff777LUFC and McAudi like this.
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

My wife suffers from very cold hands and she always says her ultimate luxury would be a heated steering wheel. I understand Audi do offer this in some of the Scandinavian countries but not in the UK.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    My wife suffers from very cold hands and she always says her ultimate luxury would be a heated steering wheel. I understand Audi do offer this in some of the Scandinavian countries but not in the UK.
    Now that would be an extra I'd go for. From around Sep - Mar, I can't feel my fingers when driving as they are like sticks of ice.

5th Gear

Status
    As far as I know they offer it on the a6 upwards. It really is nice to have.

Ever thought about heated motorbike gloves in the car? If it gets really cold I use mine until my hands warm up and the car is up to temperature

Neutral

Status
    Never thought of using motorbike gloves but I have been looking into battery powered heated gloves. Wearing normal thermal gloves has zero effect apart from making me look like a prat at the lights!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast