EM TuningJMB Retrofits
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: S3 Colours - Pics of each option??

5th Gear

Status

S3 Colours - Pics of each option??

Hi all

I'm getting worried that a non metallic colour may be an issue when selling on my S3 so want to consider the options.

Are there enough S3's out there now for us to compile a real-world pics thread of each option?

Ideally sportbacks but I'm not that fussy! I think it's important for them to be S3s though as the contrast of the wing mirrors and coloured badges makes a difference.

The list I think is;

Amalfi White - flat
    Brilliant Black - flat
    Brilliant Red - flat
    phantom Black - pearl
    Ice silver - metallic
    Monsoon grey - metallic
    Glacier white - metallic
    misano red - pearl
    beluga brown - metallic
    estoril blue - crystal
    panther black - crystal

I'm not paying £2k for paint so I think the options above are it!

Thanks
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Lmg likes this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Misano Red looks great..used to have old 2002 s3 in misano red.

1st Gear

Status
    Whose to know which colours will be "in" when you come to sell it?

My suggestion would be to buy the colour you really like, rather than one you not so sure of but you think it might be better when you come to sell it. Thats why mine is Red.

PS I really liked my new Red Golf GTI Mk2 and my Red Mk1.
    Last edited by NotquiteWelsh; 8th November 2013 at 19:30.
    SJW and Lmg like this.
    Week 40: Brilliant Red S3 SB, manual, luna silver alcantara, anthracite alloys, comfort pack, non smoking package, tyre pressure warn, folding mirrors, cruise control, rear parking sensors, SD-satnav.
    Delivered on-time.

4th Gear

Status
    without further ado....Estoril blue

680840S38V001.jpg846635S38V004.jpg987068S38V006.jpg
    Lmg likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    blimey, both estoril and panther are stunning colours, just a shame black interiors fail with blue exteriors.

Banned

Status
    Phantom... a proper black, very forgiving in dull dirty conditions and stunning in the sun. Panther too Brown ..

I'm on my 6th! Love the colour.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    Hi all

I'm getting worried that a non metallic colour may be an issue when selling on my S3 so want to consider the options.

Are there enough S3's out there now for us to compile a real-world pics thread of each option?

Ideally sportbacks but I'm not that fussy! I think it's important for them to be S3s though as the contrast of the wing mirrors and coloured badges makes a difference.

The list I think is;

Amalfi White - flat
    Brilliant Black - flat
    Brilliant Red - flat
    phantom Black - pearl
    Ice silver - metallic
    Monsoon grey - metallic
    Glacier white - metallic
    misano red - pearl
    beluga brown - metallic
    estoril blue - crystal
    panther black - crystal

I'm not paying £2k for paint so I think the options above are it!

Thanks
    I drove a Monsoon grey one and thought the colour was as dull as dishwater - ive opted for misano red.

I did consider estoril blue as its an exclusive s3 colour and looked good in some pics but when I saw the colour I thought it was disappointing and way way too dark and seemed to suit bigger cars better.

However ive seen a white one and it looked cool with the pano roof and black rails but I didn't want a white car

best bet it to look at the colours in the flesh ideally on an s3

s3 location
    Monsoon grey - Reading
    white - slough-may have been moved to another audi dealership
    misano red - slough
    Last edited by royalsteve68; 8th November 2013 at 22:31.
    Johnnyb likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Interesting. Any phantom SB pics with privacy glass?
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

1st Gear

Status
    The Monsoon demo at Cheshire Oaks:
    VeeDubDan and Lmg like this.
    Week 40: Brilliant Red S3 SB, manual, luna silver alcantara, anthracite alloys, comfort pack, non smoking package, tyre pressure warn, folding mirrors, cruise control, rear parking sensors, SD-satnav.
    Delivered on-time.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NotquiteWelsh View Post
    The Monsoon demo at Cheshire Oaks:
    Apologies to anyone who has spec'd them......but them alloys on that colour just look terrible...

This is the least S3 looking S3 i have ever seen...

God bless it...

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyb View Post
    Apologies to anyone who has spec'd them......but them alloys on that colour just look terrible...

God bless it...
    Agreed, way too bright for that colour. They don't match the body work nor the chrome

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Panther to brown
    Here's panther brown :
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

5th Gear

Status
    I'm off to tour the dealers this morning.

I swore I wouldn't buy black car but either phantom black or panther black/brown/purple do look so good.

Sarah (my better half) said last night she didn't like Misano that much as it had a few orang we tendencies...

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    Here's panther brown :
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Panther appears browny in certain lights IMHO. These shots have an almost purple tinge.. I'm sticking with Phantom Pearlescent. My sig picture is an 8P BE in Phantom

3rd Gear

Status
    I'm off to tour the dealers this morning.

I swore I wouldn't buy black car but either phantom black or panther black/brown/purple do look so good.

Sarah (my better half) said last night she didn't like Misano that much as it had a few orang we tendencies...
    can not go wrong with either. I went from definite estoril, to monsoon, to panther... Dealer must be sick of me.........!

5th Gear

Status
    I've lost count of how many times I've updated my order so far, I need to buy my salesman token of MY appreciation I think at handover!

added connect to tech pack
    added hill hold assist
    added lane assist + variable high beam
    added front parking sensors (park system plus) and deleted no smoker pack

5th Gear

Status
    Ok decision made after what I've seen today.

Pics later when I get home

Neutral

Status

Sounds interesting, more panther?!!

5th Gear

Status
    Ok - saw these first..

The one on the left (Q3) is Misano Red and the A3 on the right is Brilliant Red. You can see how much more orange the Misano is.

Then saw these

[/URL]

First is Amalfi White then the second is Glacier White. (Not ice white as I first put!)

I have seen Estoril Blue before and I saw various cars in Phantom Black when I was there too.

Saw an S3 in Monsoon Grey but didn't take a picture as it was so underwhelming as shown in the other photos on here (apologies to anyone who's ordered one)

Then... I saw this..

Which is basically as I've ordered my car now. Brilliant Red S3 SB, Tints, standard alloys, no roof rails.

God it looked good and I immediately said to my wife "I love that car".

Mind made up - Brilliant Red it is staying.

More photos just because I love it!

You can clearly see the difference between the Misano A1 on the right here and the Brilliant Red S3 on the left.

Last edited by Itguy; 10th November 2013 at 06:51.
    SJW, Sherbs, NotquiteWelsh and 1 others like this.

5th Gear

Status
    I don't know why I doubted myself after my recent history...

Current Car

My other car (ok, it's silver but note red interior!)

Current Bike

Previous Bike

Banned

Status
    What's the other car? mgf? Are you in the south west?

5th Gear

Status
    Other car is a Z4 3.0i.

I'm sort of in the SW.

We have a place in Porth which we visit every 6 weeks or so for as much time as we can.

We'd live there all the time if we could but our current situation doesn't allow it unfortunately.

Neutral

Status
    Good pics of different colours, nice one

1st Gear

Status

So you have chosen what you really like; I am more than happy with the Brilliant Red; the car is Brilliant toooo.

Interesting to see pics of another red one, also a white one there as well; so two lucky people will be enjoying them soon.

Wish they'd put better plates on them though.
    Delivered on-time.

3rd Gear

Status
    ugly mini, nice z4 but seats are a bit garish, dunno what that odd contraption with just 2 wheels is all about
    Itguy likes this.

Neutral

Status
    So far for me, I prefer the white (think glacier white) and monsoon grey (so a standard A3 with S Line pack) and it looked really nice imo!

Apologies for not contributing to the thread with pics but good thread idea Will come in handy when I actually need to decide on the colour (if I am having doubts)!
    VeeDubDan likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by royalsteve68 View Post
    ugly mini, nice z4 but seats are a bit garish, dunno what that odd contraption with just 2 wheels is all about
    haha - if only BMW could combine the handling/fun factor of the mini into the z4 though. Z4 is a bit dull to drive IMHO but is nice on sunny days.

You either get the 2 wheel buzz or you don't . There is something about the danger of riding a motorcycle (even when being sensible on it) that is just SO appealing.

5th Gear

Status
    Apologies on the colour description of the white, it is glacier white.

Here is a ice silver, although not an S3.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dstama View Post
    So far for me, I prefer the white (think glacier white) and monsoon grey (so a standard A3 with S Line pack) and it looked really nice imo!
    Don't get me wrong, I think monsoon grey could look good but it needs work - ie the SB would need silver roof rails, it would need privacy glass and it would need to have the darker s3 standard wheels and not the s line ones as in the photo above.

Colours are very personal choices!
    Solly1 likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Brilliant black (s line, not s3)

5th Gear

Status
    Phantom Black S line

PilotAudi and Trickz like this.

5th Gear

Status
    Beluga Brown (do they really offer this on the S3?!)

5th Gear

Status
    Estoril blue

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyb View Post

God bless it...
    I like that colour lol
    VeeDubDan likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Amafi white really doesn't look good sat next to glacier white.
    Johnnyb likes this.
    2013 Glacier White S3 Sportback S-Tronic

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RobH_S3 View Post
    Amafi white really doesn't look good sat next to glacier white.
    I think the name amalfi white is a tad misleading. It should just be called cream. Actually... All audi colours should be more simply named. Dark grey, light grey, black with purple hue. It would be so much easier!
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

5th Gear

Status
    Amalfi is a difficult one isn't it - when seen on its own it looks great I think but when next to a really white car it just looks second best.

I suppose its the Audi way of getting another 500 notes off people who want "white" as it's was in fashion during the recession

Red is the new white

3rd Gear

Status
    Amalfi is a difficult one isn't it - when seen on its own it looks great I think but when next to a really white car it just looks second best.

I suppose its the Audi way of getting another 500 notes off people who want "white" as it's was in fashion during the recession

Red is the new white
    I am really in 2 minds as to whether I have opted for the right colour now, I chose Monsoon Grey. I like grey cars and like the one in the video that has done the rounds (the one in the Spanish review - 3 door) It has dawned on me though that the video in question is in sunny Spain not North West England!

I don't like Estoril, I wouldn't buy a red car, I think white has gone a bit too common and 'chav' on an Audi these days (personal opinion, initially I was getting glacier white) so I don't have a great deal of choice between Monsoon and one of the black colours. I vowed I'd never buy a black car again though!

I looked at an A3 at my local dealer that was grey but it was a dark grey, much darker than Monsoon and I liked that. Don't think it was Dakota grey as it had no brown tinge to it. I need help before its too late

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GNJ_Motorsport View Post
    I am really in 2 minds as to whether I have opted for the right colour now, I chose Monsoon Grey. I like grey cars and like the one in the video that has done the rounds (the one in the Spanish review - 3 door) It has dawned on me though that the video in question is in sunny Spain not North West England!

I don't like Estoril, I wouldn't buy a red car, I think white has gone a bit too common and 'chav' on an Audi these days (personal opinion, initially I was getting glacier white) so I don't have a great deal of choice between Monsoon and one of the black colours. I vowed I'd never buy a black car again though!

I looked at an A3 at my local dealer that was grey but it was a dark grey, much darker than Monsoon and I liked that. Don't think it was Dakota grey as it had no brown tinge to it. I need help before its too late
    That dark grey will have been Daytona
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast