• 2 Post By snowfree52
  • 1 Post By VeeDubDan
  • 1 Post By PilotAudi

Thread: Parking system plus?

5th Gear

Status

Parking system plus?

Hi all

ive currently got the normal rear parking sensors only on my new s3 spec but am wondering if the parking system plus is worth the extra £250?

what does it actually add and are front sensors really worth it? I've never owned a car with front parking sensors so interested in this.

Our MINI clubman puts a little picture on the Nav screen when you put it in reverse but I use the beeps more than the screen when reversing.

Thanks
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I find it invaluable tbh on our cars especially for the missus

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

6th Gear

Status
    It adds the graphic on the A3 too, which I think is extra to the standard reverse sensors only?
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

1st Gear

Status
    I'll go the other way on this. I've had front and rear, and have parking plus now. I find I just listen and never look at the display! So much so, I've not spec'd it on my new order.
    2014 S3 Sportback 2.0 S tronic - Amalfi White, Alcantara, Alu roof rails, Audi sound, Comfort, Cruise, Folding mirrors, Hold assist, 3yr Service, LED Light Package, SD Sat Nav, Reversible Boot Mat.

5th Gear

Status
    Interesting, and after reading that it should be possible to enable the graphic on the screen for the standard parking system I'm wondering if there is any point.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

3rd Gear

Status
    i look at the options as a percentage of the cost.

also, rear sensors are basicsally mandatory, so why aren't fronts ?

go for it !

5th Gear

Status
    Yes that's true, it's about 0.6% more to add them so I suppose I need to just email my dealer..

Full LED baby !

Status
    actually I think what is really worth it is the rear camera

more than front sensors, but you can't take camera without them
    97catalunya and Trickz like this.
    A3 3-door TDI 184 Quattro Stronic Brilliant Red : Sline kit - Auxiliary heating - LED headlights - 18" 10-spoke rims - audi connect - magnetic ride - driver assistance package - side assist - rear camera + park assist - alcantara/leather seats - auto dimming mirror - panoramic glass sunroof - towing equipment - electric lumbar support - heated front seats - hold assist - high beam assist - advanced key - B&O sound system etc
    Tuning box DTUK, 235hp/480Nm
    1/4 Mile 13.84 @ 95.2 MPH
    Porsche BBK...

1st Gear

Status
    I went for the camera. Sensors alone will be fine, but I like toys!
    97catalunya likes this.
    8V S3; Sportback, S-Tronic, Monsoon Grey, Aluminium Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, Supersport Seats, Comfort Pack, Technology Pack High, Bang & Olufsen, Folding, Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Extended Mono.Pur, Parking System Plus, Reversing Camera, Rear Side Airbags, Reversible Boot Mat, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Hold Assist

6th Gear

Status
    They came as standard on my present car so, as I'm used to them and I am getting the saloon, they are a must. Don't need a camera....
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

5th Gear

Status
    I've emailed my sales chap. That HAS to be my last change now!

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    I've emailed my sales chap. That HAS to be my last change now!
    Still time to order a Panoramic Roof... a great option to lighten up a dark interior ..
    No 3D inserts either far more classy than the silver ones IMHO.
    NHN likes this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I've found on my currant car that I find the reversing camera a very useful gadget though you have to spec £500 plus just to allow you to opt it.

1st Gear

Status
    ive gone for parking plus and camera
    narrow drive, single lane road outside my door, and a lamp post made these two options a must have!

3rd Gear

Status
    I have front and rear with the camera too. Gives me so much more confidence parking as I live down a very busy single lane road with no drive!
    I get into spaces I would never normally attempt, and the Mrs can park it now too lol.
    The guide lines (once you know where to line them up to) help prevent wheel scuffs, prob paid for itself in lack of wheel repairs alone
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key