Parking system plus?

Itguy

Reaction score
Hi all

ive currently got the normal rear parking sensors only on my new s3 spec but am wondering if the parking system plus is worth the extra £250?

what does it actually add and are front sensors really worth it? I've never owned a car with front parking sensors so interested in this.

Our MINI clubman puts a little picture on the Nav screen when you put it in reverse but I use the beeps more than the screen when reversing.

Thanks

I find it invaluable tbh on our cars especially for the missus :)

It adds the graphic on the A3 too, which I think is extra to the standard reverse sensors only?

I'll go the other way on this. I've had front and rear, and have parking plus now. I find I just listen and never look at the display! So much so, I've not spec'd it on my new order.

Interesting, and after reading that it should be possible to enable the graphic on the screen for the standard parking system I'm wondering if there is any point.

Yes that's true, it's about 0.6% more to add them so I suppose I need to just email my dealer..

actually I think what is really worth it is the rear camera :shrug:

more than front sensors, but you can't take camera without them

Reactions: 97catalunya and Trickz
I went for the camera. Sensors alone will be fine, but I like toys!

Reactions: 97catalunya
They came as standard on my present car so, as I'm used to them and I am getting the saloon, they are a must. Don't need a camera....

I've emailed my sales chap. That HAS to be my last change now!

Still time to order a Panoramic Roof... a great option to lighten up a dark interior ..
No 3D inserts either far more classy than the silver ones IMHO.

Reactions: NHN
I've found on my currant car that I find the reversing camera a very useful gadget though you have to spec £500 plus just to allow you to opt it.

ive gone for parking plus and camera
narrow drive, single lane road outside my door, and a lamp post made these two options a must have!

I have front and rear with the camera too. Gives me so much more confidence parking as I live down a very busy single lane road with no drive!
I get into spaces I would never normally attempt, and the Mrs can park it now too lol.
The guide lines (once you know where to line them up to) help prevent wheel scuffs, prob paid for itself in lack of wheel repairs alone ;)