Volks AutosSky Insurance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Countdown for Paullowther

Status

Countdown for Paullowther

December not far away now Paul, nice happy tune for you to listen to from one of my favourite groups. Enjoy. x

Keane - Higher Than The Sun - YouTube
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Don't trust any band that doesn't have a guitarist....

6th Gear

Status
    And they are from battle. Paul, you're getting there now as you've got the countdown!!
    paullowther likes this.
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

4th Gear

Status
    This time next month. Vrooom!
    Sandra likes this.
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

Status

4th Gear

Status
    Great choice Sandra, that's already on my 'S3' playlist that I'm going to be listening to on my drive home!
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

4th Gear

Status
    Picking up next Friday! 9 days and counting!
    Johnnyb and Sandra like this.

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    Great stuff.. hope your got some your 'expensive' cushions embroidered to go on the back window? ;-)

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Great stuff.. hope your got some your 'expensive' cushions embroidered to go on the back window? ;-)
    I was actually thinking of ripping our the seats entirely and replacing them with some corduroy bean bags!
    Louay and PilotAudi like this.

1st Gear

Status
    Let us know when you have pics, I'm desperate to see how the lunar silver/black inlays combo looks!
    paullowther likes this.

Banned

Status
    I was actually thinking of ripping our the seats entirely and replacing them with some corduroy bean bags!
    Make sure you sew in some lumber supports! ;-0

Status
    Thats went quick Paul. On the final countdown now. x

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbm6GXllBiw

Neutral

Status
    Great Paul. My cars been in Carlisle for about a week now and still have next Monday pick up. Have you pushed them hard for an earlier pick up?

4th Gear

Status
    Not at all, Mike said they should receive it Thursday/Friday this week, then I'll go pick it up on the 6th. So they'll have 5 working days to do a PDI. He said in an email they'd need 3 so I've actually been reasonably patient!

Did you have any luck with regards to petrol and travel costs?

Neutral

Status
    Oh right. Thought pick up this Friday!

I've sent an email in asking and for the iPhone 5 ami cable. I'll let you know.

He's also offered to pick me up from station. He's a good bloke.
    paullowther likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    Yeah I think I'm going to wait for the lightning cable, even if it means I've got to travel back 4 and a bit hours without Spotify. ARGHH!

I'll put the songs I 'own' on the memory card though, even if they're a bit out of date. I might even buy a CD!

I had the same offer, but requested he pick me up in an R8 to which he countered with an A1!
    Danners78 likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Can't you bluetooth across your music with the tech pack? This is what I thought! So no need for a cable.
    On Order - Audi S3 SB S-tronic, Estoril Blue, Black Alcantara Leather, Aluminium Roof Rails, Advance Key, ACC, LED Lights, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Non-Smoking Pack, Parking System Plus, Reverse Camera, B+O Sound System, Electric Folding Mirrors, Privacy Glass, Electric Lumbar + Adjustable Seats, High Beam Assist, Hill Hold, Load Through, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Tech Pack High with Audi Connect!!!

Provisional Build Week 4!

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedsoff View Post
    Can't you bluetooth across your music with the tech pack? This is what I thought! So no need for a cable.
    Yes whilst watching your battery go from 100% to 0 in as many seconds!

4th Gear

Status
    Can't decide whether to half my journey and stay at a friends in Sheffield Thursday night so I've only got a 3 hour journey to Carlisle the next morning or whether to do all 5 hours on the morning of pick up day.

If I go to Sheffield I'll get to the dealers at 12, if I don't I'll get to the dealers at 2! First world problems ey!

5th Gear

Status
    Answers obvious go via Sheffield - chance to catch up with a mate and have a few beers and get the car earlier plus most of return journey is out of rush hour
    paullowther likes this.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

Banned

Status
    Yes whilst watching your battery go from 100% to 0 in as many seconds!
    Buy a car charger loads on Flea Bay ;-)

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Buy a car charger loads on Flea Bay ;-)
    I was hoping to wait a few weeks 'till I receive the new lightning cable. Fingers crossed it charges my phone!

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveotto View Post
    Answers obvious go via Sheffield - chance to catch up with a mate and have a few beers and get the car earlier plus most of return journey is out of rush hour
    agree. It would also mean that you get to drive back in some light to see what its like and in the dark.

4th Gear

Status
    here Paul, this should give your eyes something to do while you wait, appropriately titled too!

Ke$ha - TiK ToK - YouTube
    paullowther likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    Woke up this morning an hour early... Clearly excited for tomorrow!
    Sandra likes this.

Status
    Not long to wait now Paul. x

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

4th Gear

Status
    Best of luck and ENJOY the whole experience
    2013 (63) Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

5th Gear

Status
    Best of luck. did you decide to travel up today? If so might pass you on the M1 as I head up to the midlands late afternoon.

btw - will be listening to your play list on the journey courtesy of a months free subscription to Spotify premium
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

4th Gear

Status
    Thanks people!

Decided to travel down on the train, setting off at 08.40, arriving in Carlisle at 2. At least I'll get to do my inspection in the daylight. At least that way I'll get a good nights sleep before pickup!

Stopping off at Sheffield on the way back to show off the new car to former Uni friends that still live there & go out for a meal with them too. Should also help break up the return leg.

Hopefully see some panther goodness under bright city lights!

1st Gear

Status
    Good luck Paul, I hope it turns out to be a brilliant experience. Enjoy the drive home.
    paullowther likes this.

Status
    Good luck Paul. Enjoy the nice relaxing train journey there. Enjoy your collection and enjoy your drive to Sheffield and your night out. Look forward to the pics. x
    paullowther likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Enjoy the day. It will be great.

I remember my handover day and the feelings of anticipation on the train, right up to first drive off the forecourt.

John.
    paullowther likes this.
    Enjoying my 8V

5th Gear

Status
    Lucky bu**er. Only an hour to show time eh!?
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    Lucky bu**er. Only an hour to show time eh!?
    Yes mate, final leg now. Just got on a train from Newcastle to Carlisle! Dealer's meeting me to pick me up... Hopefully in an R8!
    Johnnyb likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Awesome, I love a good journey, especially when it concludes with a happy ending
    Daveotto and paullowther like this.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

2nd Gear

Status
    good luck

6th Gear

Status
    ...well? Did you get it? Did you get picked up in an R8? We're all on tenterhooks!
    Leeber likes this.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Banned

Status
    Pillows on rear shelf yet? Hope all went well.

I'll be looking out for you in St Neots. Hope everything went well and enjoy your new A3.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

2nd Gear

Status
    He'll be busy playing and will have forgotten about us for now.

I suspect the R8 is very unlikely as would detract from the buzz of the new car, even if it is an S3, and the last thing a salesman wants is for the customer leaving the forecourt with a "meh, it's lovely but compared to the R8 it's....."

John.
    Enjoying my 8V

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast