Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Itguy
  • 2 Post By h5djr

Thread: Basic online manual for new A3/S3

5th Gear

Status

Basic online manual for new A3/S3

Hi All

Found this when looking around the web on german sites.

Will keep me busy for a few hours passing the time waiting for my new motor.

Remember it's in german and translated using google!

Audi A3
    cuke2u likes this.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    Hi All

Found this when looking around the web on german sites.

Will keep me busy for a few hours passing the time waiting for my new motor.

Remember it's in german and translated using google!

Audi A3
    Brilliant - great find. It's a shame that there isn't a proper english version of the manual available. Still, it does create some amusing translations. Favourite so far:-

In the Stop-Start button section, under the Attention section
    • Allow the engine to run in an enclosed space - poisoning!

5th Gear

Status
    Amazing find, I've been looking for this since I ordered my car, well done!!!
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

6th Gear

Status
    Ah, this is the on-board manual that comes on a CD/DVD with the car (at least mine did) - you can load it on to the MMI and read from there. Looks like someone stuck it in their PC and found it could be read!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

I have just written to the MD of Audi UK asking why Skoda make their Owner's Manuals available on line to download and Audi dones not. I pointed out that almost anything you buy these days you can download the Manual before you decide to by to check that it does everything you want. Why not an Audi.

I will let you know what reply I get.

In the same letter I also asked why it is that all Audi dealers have an S-line version of the Sportback but none seem to have an SE or Sport.
    Daveotto and cemerson like this.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

6th Gear

Status
    I've seen the VW manual online too I'm fairly sure, and I bet Seat do as well. It's ludicrous in this day and age.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

5th Gear

Status
    Excellent work - let us know how you get on as i'd love a copy of the proper owners handbook before I get the car.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.