Help needed, music...

Louis85

Reaction score
Hi all,

My A3 SB sline is finally due on Thursday, only been on order since April!

Anyway, I've got a long drive to do on Monday and my iPod is currently broken, is there anything I can do to play music, I.e USB or sd card?

Ive got a 32gb USB that I was hoping to use.

Im a totally tech dork, no idea how to do much so any info provided would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris

If you are supplied with an AMI to USB cable, you can plug in your USB stick to one end and the other to the AMI.

I was supplied with this cable (with an iPhone AMI cable) when I picked up my car 2 months ago. Speak to your dealer before collection and ask for them, they are quite accommodating

SD card is your best option, just download the files from your iTunes library or music section on you lap top direct to the SD card and ask the dealer where to put the SD card when you pck up the car.

You will also have DAB radio ( ask the dealer to set up your favorite station list) and if you want to be really low tech you can always use CD's

Cheers guys.

Daveotto, is it just a case of drag and drop into sd card?

CDs! What are they :)

hi,havnt had my A3 yet but I think the sd card slot is in the glovebox,someone will correct me if im wrong..

hi,havnt had my A3 yet but I think the sd card slot is in the glovebox,someone will correct me if im wrong..

Spot on, there's two of them in the glove box in the CD player, SD1 and SD2, I think the idea is sat nav SD in one of them and music SD the other plus the AMI connector under the arm rest which takes USB stick, iPod etc dependant on what leads you have. My iPod won't play with the red grommet lead as it is quite old so I think I want one with the black grommets at both ends.