AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
    5th Gear

Status

Prices of S3 in europe?

Hi Everyone

Just having a bit of a play I thought I'd spec my car up on the French configurator.

Came out at 54819 Euro, (= £46956.04!)

My car in the UK has an OTR price of £38400.

Surely they can't be that much more expensive over there?? Seems just crazy?

And for once I'm stunned that we actually seem to be getting something cheaper than the rest of Europe?!
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    I don't think you can make such a literal translation from Euro to GBP to say its cheaper. Obviously the exchange rate changes so the cost we'd say it was would always change. You also need to take account of avg salaries and cost of living.

5th Gear

Status
    That price was worked out on todays exchange rate. Do we really have a cheaper cost of living and lower average salaries than France?
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

2nd Gear

Status
    I paid 51k € for mine, in France the prices for cars are even higher. Also, i have to pay 5000€ for putting the car on the road and then a further 360 eur annual tax. Insurance is around 2k € a year for me.

Thats why it'll be a rare sight where i live.

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    That price was worked out on todays exchange rate. Do we really have a cheaper cost of living and lower average salaries than France?
    French salaries as such are lower than in the UK. Something like 80%+ I believe are on the equivalent of the minimum wage BUT they receive all sorts of other benefits through their extensive social system.. Meal vouchers, tax benefits transferable between family members etc. Too complex for a Blog post. In the UK out social car system and health and education seems to be attached on a regular basis by Cameron and co.

Neutral

Status
    I agree that specific countries there will be variations, that mean cost of production in Germany exceeds the ability for another countries population to pay. I guess my comments were as a word of warning about making direct translation using exchange rates. Its like when my Grandad used to say he could go to the 'pictures', get a pint and fish and chips for a 1p. "look how much it costs now son!" It's just not comparable.

Full LED baby !

Status
    well I just quoted my A3 and it is 41500£ or 48900€ at audi.co.uk

OTR price for mine was 52000€

there is a gap !
    A3 3-door TDI 184 Quattro Stronic Brilliant Red : Sline kit - Auxiliary heating - LED headlights - 18" 10-spoke rims - audi connect - magnetic ride - driver assistance package - side assist - rear camera + park assist - alcantara/leather seats - auto dimming mirror - panoramic glass sunroof - towing equipment - electric lumbar support - heated front seats - hold assist - high beam assist - advanced key - B&O sound system etc
    Tuning box DTUK, 235hp/480Nm
    1/4 Mile 13.84 @ 95.2 MPH
    Porsche BBK...

1st Gear

Status
    Try Norway or Denmark. You are looking at 100%+ tax on new cars!
    On Order - Audi S3 SB S-tronic, Estoril Blue, Black Alcantara Leather, Aluminium Roof Rails, Advance Key, ACC, LED Lights, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Non-Smoking Pack, Parking System Plus, Reverse Camera, B+O Sound System, Electric Folding Mirrors, Privacy Glass, Electric Lumbar + Adjustable Seats, High Beam Assist, Hill Hold, Load Through, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Tech Pack High with Audi Connect!!!

Provisional Build Week 4!