A3 S line delivery date¿?

Acri16

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've just (today)ordered a A3 S line 1.4 TFSI with lights and wipers, rear parking sensors in Daytona gray. I'm so excited! I hasn't been given an expected delivery date yet, anyone got an idea of the current list? I expect Feb (4 months) is this reasonable?!

Welcome to the forum m8 :)
Think the norm is 3-4 months between ordering and getting it.
The others in here will have a better idea.
Maybe with urs not having that much options apart from the comfort pack u might get it quicker ie a cancelation.
And especially Daytona as it's very popular.
Plenty threads and countdown threads to keep u busy until then :)

Could have had mine two months after I ordered, but chose to wait for the 63 plate. Would agree with RobbieWebs that delivery times seem to fluctuate hugely. What I can say (especially just having got back from a drive that had no purpose other than fun) is that you won't regret your decision.

Reactions: RobbieWebs
Thanks RobbieWebs. I hope it's only four months! There's loads of (much more) knowledgable people on here, been addicted looking at the forums since I discovered the site!

i forgot to mention it also has electric heated / folded / dust able door mirrors.

Reactions: Jazzhighlander and RobbieWebs
Yep very knowledgable folk on here, loads ordered new cars which iv took a great interest in.
The S line is a really nice spec of a car and well worth the extra.
Doesn't matter how many options uv selected, at least it's how you wanted the car.
The comfort pack is money well spent :)
Too many option junkies in here ... :p

I have ordered very similar two weeks ago. S line, Sport-back, Daytona grey, comfort pack, interior lights, tinted windows and folding mirrors. They have given me a build week seven and probably end of March delivery.

Mine will be 3 1/2 months if all goes to plan. Build week 45 ( next week) :jump:

Reactions: Jazzhighlander
I ordered mine in late September, although mine is a Sport but has the same extras as you. I was given build week 50, so I'm looking at just before Christmas, I wanted it to take longer though as I want to hold out till the 14 plates in March :p

Reactions: sanghera
I ordered mine in late September, although mine is a Sport but has the same extras as you. I was given build week 50, so I'm looking at just before Christmas, I wanted it to take longer though as I want to hold out till the 14 plates in March :p

Why not hold out a little longer for the 64 plate?

Hi Acri16,

Good choice on the A3 S-Line! I ordered my A3 Sportback S-Line in early August and was told to expect delivery early December. However, to my surprise, I was allocated a mid-September build week which translated into me receiving my vehicle a few weeks afterwards, (ended up being 9 weeks between ordering to delivery) - picked up car 2 weeks ago.

Even the dealer wasn't too sure how it'd received such an early build-week, but I wasn't going to complain!

So - in summary, I think 3 - 4 months is the normal expected lead time between ordering to delivery - but don't be surprised if the vehicle is with you a few weeks sooner than you anticipate.

Ordered s line 184 quattro last week with a confirmed build week of W4 (it was a slot the dealer already had). Expected delivery early March so 3-4 months seems about right. It depends when the dealer can find a build slot - if you have to wait for one of theirs, you just have to wait for one of their slots unless they can a slot from another dealer.... I think the "slot" is defined by engine and transmission you are taking, so you may find ordering the same spec, but different engine will change the assembly date.

Hi, my S-Line Saloon was ordered on the 21.10.13 and the expected build week is week 47 with collection before xmas. Salesperson found a vacant slot :yes:

Good point arad85 - possibly ordering the not-so-popular engines / trim might result in a slightly quicker build date,

(Am asssuming the 1.2 TFSI, 1.8 TFSI and 1.6 TDI engines are not as popular as the the 1.4 TFSI petrols or 2.0 TDIs).

Good point arad85 - possibly ordering the not-so-popular engines / trim might result in a slightly quicker build date,

(Am asssuming the 1.2 TFSI, 1.8 TFSI and 1.6 TDI engines are not as popular as the the 1.4 TFSI petrols or 2.0 TDIs).

Would not be so sure, agree on here for example the 1.6TDI does not get much bandwidth but as a company car it will sell like hot cakes. Only one that is a bit of an unknown is the 1.2TFSI as it is new to the A3 range but could sell well in London and the major cities

Hi,

Ordered mine about 2 weeks ago and I have been told to expect delivery around the end of March :-(

Hi all I ordered mine in June and have a build week of 50 plus 4/6 weeks delivery.
Its a 3 door,1.4 COD, s-line,s-tronic.

Same here my friend I have a build week of 50 and am going to wait for the 14 plate also. My logic is that if you gonna wait all that time you might as well wait and extra couple of weeks and have the car on the brand new plate.

Same here my friend I have a build week of 50 and am going to wait for the 14 plate also. My logic is that if you gonna wait all that time you might as well wait and extra couple of weeks and have the car on the brand new plate.

exaxtly my thinking :D it'll be more of an occasion picking it up to

Reactions: sanghera
Hi all I ordered mine in June and have a build week of 50 plus 4/6 weeks delivery.

4/6 weeks delivery seems long, unless maybe the Xmas shutdown is affecting the times. But the car could still arrive mid-January so would you really wait 6 more weeks just to get a new plate? How long would people be willing to delay collecting their dream car just to have new plates?

Where do you get 4/6 weeks delivery from? My car is a week 47 build and expected collection on the 21/12...

Where do you get 4/6 weeks delivery from? My car is a week 47 build and expected collection on the 21/12...

Even that is 4 weeks! Is that best guess from your dealer or based on hard facts? Obviously I have a strong interest in your expected collection date.

The salesperson told me on weds he'd be surprised if it was inaccurate...

4/6 weeks delivery seems long, unless maybe the Xmas shutdown is affecting the times. But the car could still arrive mid-January so would you really wait 6 more weeks just to get a new plate? How long would people be willing to delay collecting their dream car just to have new plates?

Yes I would, if you are buying a new car wouldn't you want people to know you have bought a new car [2014]? Otherwise wouldn't I just of preferred to save a couple of grand and bought a used one from the garage?

Yes I would, if you are buying a new car wouldn't you want people to know you have bought a new car [2014]? Otherwise wouldn't I just of preferred to save a couple of grand and bought a used one from the garage?

Fair enough and each to his own. For me a new car is a new car. I don't give a monkey's how others are judging me based on the numbers on my plate.

Reactions: cuke2u
Hi I ordered mine beginning of August and was told I would get it end of October beginning of November! Now expected delivery is before Christmas with a ? getting very impatient now :(

Hi I ordered mine beginning of August and was told I would get it end of October beginning of November! Now expected delivery is before Christmas with a ? getting very impatient now :(

What model/engine? Any reason given for the delay?

Its a A3 2.0 tdi S-Line in Amalfi White, no reason for the delay just hope it gets here before Christmas :)

Ordered SB Sline 184 Quattro 1st Nov. build week = 4 (last week Jan) -collection 1st March. Might as well b years away!!! :-((

Ordered SB Sline 184 Quattro 1st Nov. build week = 4 (last week Jan) -collection 1st March. Might as well b years away!!! :-((

pfff.....only 4 months, postively short compared to some of us who waited between 5 - 6 months earlier this year.

Seriously, I am sure it will fly by and you will be collecting your car just as the weather warms and the days start getting longer........happy days!!!

Ordered 15th June .. Build week now confirmed for Week 47! Should have it before Christmas fingers crossed .. Spec as in signature :)

Had confirmation of a week 47 build as well, also should have the car the weekend before Christmas...

Reactions: grantDUBshaw
The race is on.. Haha, all I can say is fingers crossed we all have them before Christmas Day :)

Reactions: cuke2u
fingers and toes crossed!!!!

Reactions: cuke2u and grantDUBshaw
Ordered mine just over 2 weeks ago, been confirmed as a week 46 delivery :)

A3 3 door S-Line 1.4 TFSI COD.

Cant wait :)

Sorry, maybe i got my week numbers mixed up, 2nd week of December for delivery.

No, factory order. Salesman had said that if i ordered the day i was in he could get early December as he'd already managed to put an order through that morning, otherwise would have been end of January and i probably would've just waited and got a 14 plate.

Cant come soon enough, just got my tax renewal through and its up to £260 for 12 months.

Sorry, maybe i got my week numbers mixed up, 2nd week of December for delivery.

No, factory order. Salesman had said that if i ordered the day i was in he could get early December as he'd already managed to put an order through that morning, otherwise would have been end of January and i probably would've just waited and got a 14 plate.

Cant come soon enough, just got my tax renewal through and its up to £260 for 12 months.

How would you know if it was stock or factory? The salesman could just say that it's factory when in fact it's stock just sat there waiting to be sold??

A similar thing happened to me with my focus. The build date was estimated at some eight weeks from point of order. However the salesperson rang me to say that the car would be ready in 4 weeks because there was a stock build that hadn't been assigned to anyone that had the same spec as my order.