AH FabricationsVolks Autos
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Silky's S3 (8V)

2nd Gear

Status

Cheers!

The Audi sound system is great. I'd say as good, if not better than Bose on my old 8P S3.
    does it have the setting in the mmi to have sound focused on the driver? think its in >car>esp or ems or something on the left its on the screen where you can change your tone etc...

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    Peougeot and Audi cannot be compared unless its a 205 gti or 106 rallye
    eh? you have entirely missed my point
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by trs888 View Post
    does it have the setting in the mmi to have sound focused on the driver? think its in >car>esp or ems or something on the left its on the screen where you can change your tone etc...
    Yes mate, it does.
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    So, on to my mods!

First up is the LED upgrade as supplied by t8ups on here. He's a top guy and I've dealt with him over a few years with my 8P etc. The kits he provides are top quality, highly recommended.

So even though my S3 has the optional LED lighting kit, the glovebox and door warning lights are still normal bulbs. The footwell and puddle lights are LED, but they only have a 1 LED per module and are not very bright or white. So t8ups suppled me with:

4 x Red LEDs for the door warning
    4 x Upgraded white LEDs for the door puddle
    1 x White LED for the glovebox

So far I've just fitted the doors and glovebox lights (footwell LEDs to follow when I get a chance)...

As you can see from below the Audi OEM LEDs (top) are pretty poor with only 1 LED per module, wheres as t8ups LEDs has 4:

I forgot to take before and after pics of the red door warning LEDs, so all pictures below have the t8ups ones installed. They are much brighter and more red than the OEM ones, look great!

Front door t8ups, OEM on rear:

Again, front door t8ups, OEM on rear:

All done:

In the dark:

Look awesome, much brighter and you can actually make out puddles now! Lol

Glovebox OEM:

Glovebox t8ups:

Happy times, on to the Footwells next....
    Johnnyb, J6YAK, S3 TRS and 1 others like this.
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

5th Gear

Status
    Wow.

Look great.

Pricelist be up this week for the what I can do on the 8V.

trups
    Louay, Silky-S3, J6YAK and 3 others like this.
    SLOW REPLIES BETWEEN 22nd - 30th June due to been out the office, please bare with me. Thanks

Bi Xenon Projector kits starting at £79.99 per pair.

EM Tuning Lighting.

2nd Gear

Status
    Well you've got a customer here.

Full LED baby !

Status
    there is still 2 lights that are not LED, your back-up lights

(and fog lights but I wouldn't mess with those)
    A3 3-door TDI 184 Quattro Stronic Brilliant Red : Sline kit - Auxiliary heating - LED headlights - 18" 10-spoke rims - audi connect - magnetic ride - driver assistance package - side assist - rear camera + park assist - alcantara/leather seats - auto dimming mirror - panoramic glass sunroof - towing equipment - electric lumbar support - heated front seats - hold assist - high beam assist - advanced key - B&O sound system etc
    Tuning box DTUK, 235hp/480Nm
    1/4 Mile 13.84 @ 95.2 MPH
    Porsche BBK...

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by snowfree52 View Post
    there is still 2 lights that are not LED, your back-up lights

(and fog lights but I wouldn't mess with those)
    Good call on the reversing lights! Need to look in to that. My S3 has the LED lights so don't have front foglights. I have the LED all weather lights in the headlight cluster instead

Build Thread Here!

Full LED baby !

Status
    I was talking about rear fog lights

I am waiting for my LED reversing light, will keep you posted
    A3 3-door TDI 184 Quattro Stronic Brilliant Red : Sline kit - Auxiliary heating - LED headlights - 18" 10-spoke rims - audi connect - magnetic ride - driver assistance package - side assist - rear camera + park assist - alcantara/leather seats - auto dimming mirror - panoramic glass sunroof - towing equipment - electric lumbar support - heated front seats - hold assist - high beam assist - advanced key - B&O sound system etc
    Tuning box DTUK, 235hp/480Nm
    1/4 Mile 13.84 @ 95.2 MPH
    Porsche BBK...

2nd Gear

Status
    you got any pics of the car at dusk with the sidelights on? and some of just the drls? love how the lights look in dusk.

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by snowfree52 View Post
    I was talking about rear fog lights

I am waiting for my LED reversing light, will keep you posted
    Yer, i know!

Let us know what you find...

Build Thread Here!

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by trs888 View Post
    you got any pics of the car at dusk with the sidelights on? and some of just the drls? love how the lights look in dusk.
    Sadly not mate, not yet. The DRLs are epic

Build Thread Here!

2nd Gear

Status
    Are the puddle lights easy to fit mate?

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny_boon View Post
    Are the puddle lights easy to fit mate?
    Yer, 3 mins per door

Build Thread Here!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky-S3 View Post
    Yer, 3 mins per door
    Brilliant!! Looks so much better

I'm guessing pop lens and swap bulbs then

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny_boon View Post
    Brilliant!! Looks so much better

I'm guessing pop lens and swap bulbs then
    Yep.

as easy as that.

trups
    SLOW REPLIES BETWEEN 22nd - 30th June due to been out the office, please bare with me. Thanks

Bi Xenon Projector kits starting at £79.99 per pair.

EM Tuning Lighting.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by t8ups View Post
    Yep.

as easy as that.

trups
    Thanks mate

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by t8ups View Post
    Wow.

Look great.

Pricelist be up this week for the what I can do on the 8V.

trups
    Any news on price yet?

5th Gear

Status
    I'll be up for some of those!
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

2nd Gear

Status
    Me too
    Here at last: MY14 S3 Sportback, Manual, Estoril Blue, Rails, SS Seats, LED Headlights, Interior LED pack, Privacy glass, Comfort pack, Audi Sound System, Black Inlays.
    Just gone: MY13 Audi TT 2.0 TDI Quattro Amplified Black Edition, Misano Red, Privacy glass, Sat nav
    Previous : MY12 A3 2.0TDI Quattro Black Edition, Misano Red, Bose, Full Leather, Privacy glass

Status
    Blanks from here: Audi 12V Power Source Socket Dummy Cover Aluminium Finish - Stoke Audi Parts

Got unlimited plan from Three, including tethering so can use the in car Wifi. They don't change extra for 4G when it launches next month.
    Like the look of the blanking plate you've chosen, in my imminent arrival you can't do a smoking pack delete so was considering the VW LED torch that used to come in the MPV's, but not sure if it will fit inside the ashtray with the lid down. Might use this option instead; good find.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

Neutral

Status
    So, on to my mods!

First up is the LED upgrade as supplied by t8ups on here. He's a top guy and I've dealt with him over a few years with my 8P etc. The kits he provides are top quality, highly recommended.

So even though my S3 has the optional LED lighting kit, the glovebox and door warning lights are still normal bulbs. The footwell and puddle lights are LED, but they only have a 1 LED per module and are not very bright or white. So t8ups suppled me with:

4 x Red LEDs for the door warning
    4 x Upgraded white LEDs for the door puddle
    1 x White LED for the glovebox

So far I've just fitted the doors and glovebox lights (footwell LEDs to follow when I get a chance)...

As you can see from below the Audi OEM LEDs (top) are pretty poor with only 1 LED per module, wheres as t8ups LEDs has 4:

I forgot to take before and after pics of the red door warning LEDs, so all pictures below have the t8ups ones installed. They are much brighter and more red than the OEM ones, look great!

Front door t8ups, OEM on rear:

Again, front door t8ups, OEM on rear:

All done:

In the dark:

Look awesome, much brighter and you can actually make out puddles now! Lol

Glovebox OEM:

Glovebox t8ups:

Happy times, on to the Footwells next....
    Thanks Silky-S3 for this! I'm getting the same set from t8ups!
    warren_S5 likes this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Is the above mentioned light change so easy that just take out the plastic light covers out, replace the bulb and put the plastic cover back on? And that makes about 3minutes per light? I was just wondering if those covering plastics are tight or not to take out etc.

5th Gear

Status
    Sorry to hijack your thread Silky, but I've just done the LED upgrade on my 8V, and the difference is worth it !

Thanks to t8ups for the LED modules.

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NextToYou View Post
    Is the above mentioned light change so easy that just take out the plastic light covers out, replace the bulb and put the plastic cover back on? And that makes about 3minutes per light? I was just wondering if those covering plastics are tight or not to take out etc.
    It's not the covers you remove, you remove the actual lamp housing, then disconnect the electrical connector.

For reference:
    (front = front of car, rear=rear of car)

White door puddle lamps: Lever out (carefully) from the rear of lamp
    Red door trailing edge lamps: Lever (carefully) out from top of lamp
    Glovebox white lamp: Lever out (carefully) from rear of lamp

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG

2nd Gear

Status
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401616369.857032.jpg

Yes looks a lot brighter. Plus I think from audi the replacement white lights under the door for puddle lighting are only about £7 to replace if you break one like I did. Last stubborn one

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234