Volks AutosSky Insurance
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: S3 Register

Quote Originally Posted by marshalld View Post
    Dave,

Doesn't that mean:
    1) you have to put the newly allocated plate onto your existing car, and deal with a change of details on your insurance
    2) when you get your new car, that's another change of details on your insurance?

Surely you can't put a plate on retention and also keep it on your existing car?

For my insurance, it sounds like that would be two administration charges for the detail changes.

Maybe I've misunderstood your approach...
    Until I take my car to the dealers it still has a valid number and insurance. My current insurance company is not covering the new car as that is covered by Audi's complementary 7 days insurance. When the DVLA send you the new number for the existing car it says you should change the plates "as soon as possible". No actual time limit is given and my dealer has always said they would not consider it a problem as both cars will never be on the road at the same time. If they need to take the new car out as part of the PDI they would always do so on trade plates. The dealer does not register the new car with my private plate until the morning I am collecting the new car and at that point I am driving my car to get a new set of plates. Then my private plates are taken off and if they need to take in out at all they again do so on trade plates.

The strange thing is seeing two cars at the dealers both with the same number and I often take a photo of the two cars together.
    Last edited by h5djr; 7th January 2014 at 07:43.
    the_lecht_rocks likes this.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

2. # ADS
    ADS

aka dazzler

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    The strange thing is seeing two cars at the dealers both with the same number and I often take a photo of the two cars together.
    Thanks for explaining Dave - that makes sense.

I now understand why the dealer said it wouldn't be an issue to have my plate on the current car after it's been transferred. 'As soon as possible' should be about a week in my case.

Might have to do the photo trick myself!
    Current: '14 8V S3 3dr S-tronic, Estoril blue, 5 yr warranty, B+O, Comfort pack, Heated/ foldable/dimming mirrors, Hill hold assist, Int. light pack, LED headlights, Lumbar, mono.pur, Park system plus - front + rear, Privacy glass, Technology pack - high, TPMS.
    Past:
    '07 8P S3, Sprint Blue, RNS-E, BOSE, 6CD, armrest, int light pack, lumbar, light/rain pack, folding/dimming mirrors, parking sensors, flat bottomed wheel
    '02 8L S3, Silver

Neutral

Status
    Ordered my brilliant black 3door s-tronic on the 12th December from dundee audi

Was told that my build week was on 17th march, not sure if this is build week 11 or 12...?

Big step up from my little manual 1.2 105ps A3 sline!

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Hope they charge you double!
    Don't see the problem with private plates. 4 is bad luck in china/hong kong so a pp resolves this
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

Banned

Status
    For me they are a bit bling and poseresque and contrary to Audi understated style. Not for me but I do appreciate that folks are free to choose.

1st Gear

Status
    I've started the process of putting my plate onto retention.

Apparently, with the closure of all local DVLA offices, it can take up to 2 months at the moment...

More than happy picking up the new car on 1st March and then putting my plate onto it.

Status
    Updated
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

3rd Gear

Status
    Pulp84 - ordered 04/01/14 - Week 18 build. expected May 2014. S3 Sportback S-Tronic, Amalfi White, Black Alacantra, LED headlights, High beam assist, LED interior light package, Comfort pack, TPMS, Mono pur, Hill hold assist, Privacy glass, Folding mirrors, Audi sound system and C0Z wheels.
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic - Amalfi White, Comfort Pack, LED headlights, LED interior lights, High-beam assist, hill hold assist, privacy glass, mono-pur, folding mirrors, TPMS, Audi sound system and black Alacantra. Built week 17. Arrived 17/05/14. Wow......just wow

4th Gear

Status
    Welcome aboard Pulp and congratulations on what will now be a well worthwhile wait.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Louay View Post
    Welcome aboard Pulp and congratulations on what will now be a well worthwhile wait.
    Thanks! Just got a long wait a head now.
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic - Amalfi White, Comfort Pack, LED headlights, LED interior lights, High-beam assist, hill hold assist, privacy glass, mono-pur, folding mirrors, TPMS, Audi sound system and black Alacantra. Built week 17. Arrived 17/05/14. Wow......just wow

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp84 View Post
    Thanks! Just got a long wait a head now.
    Welcome Pulp, a few weeks to make some changes then eh?? B&O and Pano roof maybe ? Our week 4 should arrive in time for 1 March reckon you are optimistic about an April delivery if you remain at week 18!

3rd Gear

Status
    Welcome Pulp, a few weeks to make some changes then eh?? B&O and Pano roof maybe ? Our week 4 should arrive in time for 1 March reckon you are optimistic about an April delivery if you remain at week 18!
    Thanks for the welcome! I have been on a1 forum for a few years and have found this forum a refreshing change as has much more going on and some great banter. Some real know it alls on the A1 site and s**** comments always seem to be posted. Think I'm the second person on there upgrading to an S3.

Long story on the build week 18, but basically my dealer hijacked a week 9 build slot that when they amended to my spec jumped to week 18! My sales guy assures me that this happens a lot and it will come forward quite a bit as it's yet to be locked / confirmed. So yes, April might be optimistic if he is wrong !

Yeah I am thinking of B&O but have no real love of pano roofs. Might change my mind - changed it three times in a week since ordering so far!

Reverse Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Paul Holtom on Facebook
    Paul H - ordered 14/01/14 - Week 15 build. expected late April 2014. S3 Sportback Manual, Misano Red, Black Leather, Comfort pack, Folding Mirrors, Sat Nav System.
    Sandra likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Hi Paul, congrats on the order. First S3?
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

Status
    Updated

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Holtom View Post
    Paul H - ordered 14/01/14 - Week 15 build. expected late April 2014. S3 Sportback Manual, Misano Red, Black Leather, Comfort pack, Folding Mirrors, Sat Nav System.
    Hi Paul, welcome to audi-sport.net. Hope you enjoy the forum. x

Neutral

Status
    Wills_1990 - Ordered 15/01/14 - no build week yet, expected April 14 Delivery - S3 S-Tronic - South Gloucestershire - Amalfi White - Full tech pack - Comfort Pack - Parking plus upgrade - B&O - Black Leather

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by wills_1990 View Post
    Wills_1990 - Ordered 15/01/14 - no build week yet, expected April 14 Delivery - S3 S-Tronic - South Gloucestershire - Amalfi White - Full tech pack - Comfort Pack - Parking plus upgrade - B&O - Black Leather
    Bristol Audi??

1st Gear

Status
    Tetbury Audi??
    Last edited by Dan_G; 16th January 2014 at 20:49.

1st Gear

Status

Talking

Wow, just realised I forgot to put my order down

Anyways, here it is:

ivicyrusivi - Ordered 22/10 | Est delivery end Jan, confirmed build week 18 (expected May 2014 LOL WTF) | H8H8 - Panther Black crystal effect | 3dr STronic | PS6 S sports seat | 2H7 Audi Magnetic Ride | 9VS Bang & Olufsen sound system | PX7 LED headlights | QQ4 Interior lighting pack | WBI Comfort package | UH2 Auto release function (Hill Hold Assist) | VW1 Privacy glass | WB4 Technology pack+Audi Connect | 5MY Inlays 3D design black | 7HE Ext mono.pur interior finish | 7K1 Tyre pressure monitoring | C0Z wheels | Comfort pack with 8T2 Cruise control and 7X1 Acoustic parking system rear

Kinda wished I added ACC, but meh nevermind

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_G View Post
    Tetbury Audi??
    Bristol Audi??
    Nope parklands audi, Gloucester
    Delivery 05/2014 Audi S3 3 Door - Monsoon Grey, Lunar Silver Full Leather, Full Tech Pack, Comfort Pack & Full Parking, B&O sound

Reverse Gear

Status
    Simon D - Ordered October, Picked up yesterday, 5 Door Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue.

5th Gear

Status
    Nice Simon - how's it feel, good?
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Yeah, feels great. Not driven her much yet and am still getting to grips with the drive select but don't want to push it too hard until it has bedded in a bit. It's my first Stronic so am still reaching for the gearstick at times!

5th Gear

Status
    I still occasionally stamp on the footrest when slowing down in our Golf GTI DSG, thinking there should be clutch there!!

aka dazzler

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    I still occasionally stamp on the footrest when slowing down in our Golf GTI DSG, thinking there should be clutch there!!
    Collected mine yesterday. Daniel at Kings Lynn very kindly opened the showroom at 7:30am - the only time we could both do!

Have already stamped the imaginary clutch once today!

Apart from that, I've taken to the S-tronic relatively easily. Did mess up a manual paddle shift and went down rather than up at one point though....

Seems slightly strange not having to deal with a handbrake either - just let hold assist do it's thing.

Got just over 150miles on the clock and it's filthy thanks to the weather.

It'll get a run up to Birmingham and back this week.
    Can't decide whether to take the M1 with the associated constant speed and get bored, or hit the back roads to give the engine a bit of variation.

Loving it so far - just need to play with all the toys and get it set up to my liking.
    PilotAudi and Ecosphere like this.
    Current: '14 8V S3 3dr S-tronic, Estoril blue, 5 yr warranty, B+O, Comfort pack, Heated/ foldable/dimming mirrors, Hill hold assist, Int. light pack, LED headlights, Lumbar, mono.pur, Park system plus - front + rear, Privacy glass, Technology pack - high, TPMS.
    Past:
    '07 8P S3, Sprint Blue, RNS-E, BOSE, 6CD, armrest, int light pack, lumbar, light/rain pack, folding/dimming mirrors, parking sensors, flat bottomed wheel
    '02 8L S3, Silver

5th Gear

Status
    Backroad without doubt!

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonDaykin View Post
    Simon D - Ordered October, Picked up yesterday, 5 Door Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue.
    Good colour! Any pics?

Reverse Gear

Status
    I've not managed to take any yet... it will look the same as most of the others with the only exception, I don't have the roof rails.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow thedooker On Twitter Visit thedooker's Youtube Channel
    Just realised that I haven't put myself on the register.

I have an Ice Silver, 3dr, manual, Black Styling pack, SD nav, Interior light pack, Comfort pack, B&O, Electric folding mirrors and Privacy Glass
    S3, Ice Silver, Black Styling package, Comfort Pack, Electric mirrors, Interior Light pack, Privacy Glass, SD Sat Nav, B&O sound system.

2nd Gear

Status
    Might as well post mine.

Flibble - Ordered 20th December. Build Week unknown/Delivery End April. Warrington Audi.

Audi S3 3 Door. S-Tronic. Estoril Blue. Black styling, Super sports seats, Full LED headlights, SD Nav, Audi Sound, Tyre monitor, Comfort pack, Interior light pack, Hold assist, Parking plus.
    S3 (8V) S-Tronic Estoril Blue; A3 2.0TFSI S-Line quattro, Dolphin Grey [sold]

RRB
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Just realised I'm not in here either.

Ordered June 2013. Build Week 4 2014!! Pick up Feb 7th. Wimbledon Audi. (a tiresome tale of computer/admin error made bearable by an excellent sales manager)

S3 Sportback. Manual. Estoril Blue. Comfort Pack with Parking System Plus. Tech Pack. Audi Sound System. TPMS. Hold assist. Electric mirrors.

4th Gear

Status
    Just realised in not on here lol, Sandra please update me, details are in my signature thank you!
    Sandra likes this.
    S3 Saloon S-Tronic. Panther Black. Tech Pack, Super-sports seats, LED Lights, Comfort pack with Adaptive Cruise and parking plus, Folding mirrors, Bang and Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy glass, Tyre sensor, Boot Mat (Countdown Thread)

Previously 2.0TSi VW Scirocco

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonDaykin View Post
    Yeah, feels great. Not driven her much yet and am still getting to grips with the drive select but don't want to push it too hard until it has bedded in a bit. It's my first Stronic so am still reaching for the gearstick at times!
    ill be the same when I get mine ill bet as its my first auto!
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry simons View Post
    Cheers mate - thanks for the information
    Update
    DVLA took two weeks to get pp's sorted
    Now on retention
    Build week this week - not long now
    Estoril Blue S3 ordered Dec2013. Build week 6. Expected mid March
    extras - Audi sound system - folding mirrors - tyre pressure monitor - comfort pack - parking aids front and rear - SD sat nav system - cruise control.

1st Gear

Status
    Just realised I have never added to the register.

8v S3 sportback phantom black, manual (proper driver lol), pan roof, b&o, hi tech pack, phone box, sports seats, comfort pack.

3rd Gear

Status
    rams - thoughts on the super sport seats ?

5th Gear

Status
    Raps3 - Ordered 24th January 2014, approx delivery June 2014 - from Kings Lynn Audi

8V S3 Sportback - Manual - Monsoon Grey - Alum Roof Rails - Audi parking system plus - Bang & Olufsen sound system - Folding heated mirrors - hold assist - interior light pack - LED Headlights - Privacy glass - Super sports seats - through load - tyre pressure monitors
    Paul R

S3 Sportback - Sprint, Buckets, Bose, Rain & light, Alu rails, Piano trim, FT Warning, Bluetooth prep
    S3's now sold - roll on the Golf MK1 Project

Neutral

Status
    Received my S3 Sportback today
    DSCN0598.jpg
    DSCN0600.jpg
    DSCN0602.jpg
    Lmg likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Weather looks nice Pieter !