Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: S3 Register

Neutral

Status
    I had a call today and mine is also at the port and should be In the country in 9 days.
    S3 Sportback Solid Red, S-Tronic, Techno, Comfort, Privacy, Interior Lights, Alcantara/Leather, Advanced Key, Aluminium Roof Rails.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawzie View Post
    BUILD WEEK 45 UPDATE
    Just a quick update for anyone on build week 45. I have just had a call saying my car is still at a port in Germany. Looking like I will be getting it around 8th December.
    Worth waiting until 1 Jan?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Why???
    mickbrown likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherbs View Post
    I had a call today and mine is also at the port and should be In the country in 9 days.
    The only 9 days that will feel like 90 days.
    Sherbs likes this.

Neutral

Status
    No - I think at this rate my head would simply explode past the 10th December, its going to be like the best xmas present to myself ever when it shows up in december. haha

4th Gear

Status
    No - I think at this rate my head would simply explode past the 10th December, its going to be like the best xmas present to myself ever when it shows up in december. haha
    Ahhhhhh mines the 6th... Na naaaa na na na!!
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    Ahhhhhh mines the 6th... Na naaaa na na na!!
    hahaha! Thats what they tell you, then the day before BOOM "its been held up, expect it in Feb"haha! Imagine that, no doubt the next forum you would be on would be to find a counsellor! (I'm not jealous, much)

4th Gear

Status
    hahaha! Thats what they tell you, then the day before BOOM "its been held up, expect it in Feb"haha! Imagine that, no doubt the next forum you would be on would be to find a counsellor! (I'm not jealous, much)
    Haha, mines in the country now and on its way to the dealership from the port, should be there by Friday.

I'm then picking it up next Friday! Can not wait. I never thought it would get this close and it's starting to feel very real indeed now!
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

Neutral

Status
    Well put in an order.

Sportback
    Sportronic
    Estoril Blue
    Panoramic roof
    Roof bars
    Privacy glass
    Sport pack =
    Magnetic Ride
    LED headlights
    Parallel star wheels
    S Sports Seats
    B&O
    Red brake calipers
    Assistance Package =
    Adaptive cruise control
    Lane assistance
    Pre-sense
    Lane assistance
    High beam assistance
    And in Australia ours all come with
    Smart key
    electric heated seats
    MMI
    Park assistance
    Sports wheel
    Rain sensor
    Blue Tooth
    Phone stuff
    Monopur ( I think this has something to do with a single cat) +
    and I am sure there is some stuff I have forgotten
    Order says Build week 8, so who knows when it will finally get off a boat down here.

I am now agonising over whether the Blue is really what I want. There are no live examples to look at. Will it be a bit lairy in the bright Aussie sunlight? Ahh dilemma! had a white Golf R so need a change of colour. Monsoon looks a bit drab. Misano a bit cop-bait.

I don't think it will really matter but too much time gives you the chance of remorse.

Neutral

Status
    Somebody posted a great comparison set of the Audi Blues including Estoril. I can't find it. Does anyone know where that is?

5th Gear

Status
    Panther Black
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by James Chr View Post
    Well put in an order.

Sportback
    Sportronic
    Estoril Blue

I am now agonising over whether the Blue is really what I want. There are no live examples to look at. Will it be a bit lairy in the bright Aussie sunlight? Ahh dilemma! had a white Golf R so need a change of colour. Monsoon looks a bit drab. Misano a bit cop-bait.

I don't think it will really matter but too much time gives you the chance of remorse.
    i swapped from estoril to panther, the blue was too blue for me in the sun and I liked it more on overcast conditions. I also snot like black interior on blue cars and wanted the super sport seats, so panther got the green light....

Neutral

Status
    Hmm, maybe I will have to go back and look at all those pictures again...

Black can be a bit of an issue in the heat, and I am not the world's most obsessive car washer, but worth a thought. There are some stunning Panther photos on here somewhere.

1st Gear

Status
    Leeber, Ordered 2nd Nov, Build week 3/March '14 Delivery, S3 SB S-tronic in Estoril with Lunar Silver/Nappa Leather interior, West Sussex. - Advanced Key, Parking system plus with PA, Auto dimming rvm with l&r sensor pack, B&O sound, Door mirors auto dimming/folding/heated, Driver Assistance pack, interior light pack, Pano roof, reversing camera, Tech Pack high with Audi connect, 5yr warranty, Thru-load sys, TPMS, 3d black inlays, Auto-release, Electric Lumbar Sup, Adaptive lights with vrc.

4th Gear

Status
    LOTS of Estorils being ordered!!

Just an observation - Is the colour at risk of becoming like the old MK4 R32 blue in that it was sold as "exclusive" and "rare" meaning EVERYONE bought one (including myself) only to find that 90% of R32's on the road ended up being in that colour?

I do love it with the Lunar Silver interior and chrome features...
    Satdiver likes this.
    Glacier White S3 SB S-Tronic, Super Sport Seats, Pano Roof, Black Roof Rails, LED's, Interior Light Pack, B&O, Sat Nav SD Card, Advanced Key, Acoustic Rear Parking, Rain Sensor, ABT DR 19" Alloys

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyb View Post
    LOTS of Estorils being ordered!!

Just an observation - Is the colour at risk of becoming like the old MK4 R32 blue in that it was sold as "exclusive" and "rare" meaning EVERYONE bought one (including myself) only to find that 90% of R32's on the road ended up being in that colour?

I do love it with the Lunar Silver interior and chrome features...
    I found it hard to pick my colour. Im not personally keen on the blue but it goes to show how subjective it is - your right lots of people ordering it so most people obviously love it. The blue I do like is this one attached but that was not an option. Stuck to white in the end like you

How you finding keeping the dirt off the glacier?
    Screen Shot 2013-11-26 at 15.50.23.jpg

4th Gear

Status
    I found it hard to pick my colour. Im not personally keen on the blue but it goes to show how subjective it is - your right lots of people ordering it so most people obviously love it. The blue I do like is this one attached but that was not an option. Stuck to white in the end like you

Nice pic!

My only gripe with the Estoril was how closer to purple it looks rather than blue in most light, so I ended up with Glacier...

Keeping it clean isn't too bad, but then again I do a lot of driving for my job and at this time of year it's a pointless exercise to try keep it clean all the time...

which is why I bought some snow foam and a snow foam lance, takes 25 mins and keeps to car looking presentable..

I have for the first time bought some 19" aftermarket alloys, because the standard S3 anthracite / partly polished alloys look the business when clean, but as soon as the polished parts get covered in dust after a day or two - they look very dull and small IMO...

All in all I think Glacier is easier to keep clean than what you might imagine!
    Lawzie likes this.
    Glacier White S3 SB S-Tronic, Super Sport Seats, Pano Roof, Black Roof Rails, LED's, Interior Light Pack, B&O, Sat Nav SD Card, Advanced Key, Acoustic Rear Parking, Rain Sensor, ABT DR 19" Alloys

Neutral

Status
    Snow foam! Does it act as a protective layer or something? Snow foam and glacier white - a theme is emerging here! I think I saw you post a pic of the wheels, are you going for the red breaks too? Im new to all this fancy car stuff so have no idea about costs on those type of upgrade but the red breaks would look FAB on a white car so let m know if you work out how much it would be!

I ordered the same Audi wheels as you, they are a bit slow but I currently have 19's on my VW scirocco and they are a bloody nightmare when going over a pot hole, it feels like your suspension has collapsed
    Johnnyb likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    Snow foam! Does it act as a protective layer or something? Snow foam and glacier white - a theme is emerging here! I think I saw you post a pic of the wheels, are you going for the red breaks too? Im new to all this fancy car stuff so have no idea about costs on those type of upgrade but the red breaks would look FAB on a white car so let m know if you work out how much it would be!

I ordered the same Audi wheels as you, they are a bit slow but I currently have 19's on my VW scirocco and they are a bloody nightmare when going over a pot hole, it feels like your suspension has collapsed
    Snow foam is a sort of shampoo you spray over your car with a special attachment, it has chemicals in it that loosen up dirt after leaving it to dwell for 5-10 mins, then rinse off, thi idea is to give the car a quick wash without the need to touch it, just need a pressure washer...

It's no subsitute for a proper hands on clean though, but ideal for this type of weather...

The wheel and caliper is the pic in my avatar, i'm taking a bit of a punt going for 19's but the standard ride on the new S3 is very comfortable, and the dampers absorb the bumps really well, so i think i can take it being slightly harder....we'll see...

I think i'm gonna wait until after xmas to paint the calipers red, not sure about cost but i can't see if being that much, the front calipers look like a relatively small job as the centre part with the S3 logo is left alone...

Shame the back calipers are not the same and look cheaper...
    Lawzie likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Ideally I would've chosen a white (probably Amalfi white if I'm honest, I quite like it) but we also have a Tiguan being built this week for SWMBO and she wanted white. Two white cars in the household would've seemed a bit silly.

I have to say, VAG's choices of standard colours is pretty poor, the colour choices on the Mk 7 golf are just embarrassing! I'm pretty annoyed that I couldn't order an S3 in Shiraz red without paying Audi exclusive prices, even though it's an option on the S-line.
    Johnnyb likes this.

Neutral

Status
    keyser - Ordered mid June, build week 40, delivered early November, Monsoon Grey, 3dr Manual
    Super Sports Seats, Technology Pack, Audi Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Extended mono.pur Interior, Hold Assist, Cruise Control, Through-load Facility, ‘5-parallel spoke’ Design Alloys

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by keyser View Post
    keyser - Ordered mid June, build week 40, delivered early November, Monsoon Grey, 3dr Manual
    Super Sports Seats, Technology Pack, Audi Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Extended mono.pur Interior, Hold Assist, Cruise Control, Through-load Facility, ‘5-parallel spoke’ Design Alloys
    pictures keyser....?

Reverse Gear

Status
    One from Aus here! Ordered early October, Week 48 build, expected February '14.

S3 Sportback
    Misano Red
    Manual
    'S Performance Package' - includes LED Headlights, Magnetic Ride, B&O Sound System, MMI + Drive Connect, S3 alloys & more

5th Gear

Status
    Just heard from my dealer today that my build was officially locked in yesterday night, week 1 build it is.
    paullowther likes this.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

3rd Gear

Status
    Mines locked in today, no more changes lol...

5th Gear

Status
    Thank goodness eh! What's you build week?

3rd Gear

Status
    Email said it was now in build,,,,,,

3rd Gear

Status
    We can now confirm your new Audi has entered the production phase which means we are unable to make any amendments to your order and full production will commence shortly.

When your new Audi is completed we will contact you and advise further.

Kind regards

Donna Macdonald

Sales Administrator

ABERDEEN AUDI

You're receiving this email because you registered with us to find out about our latest special offers.
    If you prefer not to receive emails from us, simply follow this link here to unsubscribe.

3rd Gear

Status
    No panic for it anyway as we're in the alps jean and February, home March.

5th Gear

Status
    Very good. I hope you'll be taking the iPad and checking the forums during your trip!?
    paullowther likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    Very good. I hope you'll be taking the iPad and checking the forums during your trip!?
    haha, no doubt !

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ivicker View Post
    My original build date for S3 SB was March 2013 but brought forward to Week 45. It has now been built, I have the VIN number and it's on the way to the port! Just a few more weeks. Ordered last week of September.
    Hi did you get a stock car? Or have u been waiting on an order? How would you know the difference??

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ivicker View Post
    My original build date for S3 SB was March 2013 but brought forward to Week 45. It has now been built, I have the VIN number and it's on the way to the port! Just a few more weeks. Ordered last week of September.
    Few weeks late commenting on this one but I actually ordered a few days earlier from same dealer. When I asked in October if there was a chance of getting mine earlier was told no. Build week started at 7 then 5 and now 3 . I don't understand why I am having to wait so long??

1st Gear

Status
    Few weeks late commenting on this one but I actually ordered a few days earlier from same dealer. When I asked in October if there was a chance of getting mine earlier was told no. Build week started at 7 then 5 and now 3 . I don't understand why I am having to wait so long??
    When will you get your car if it's a build week of 3?

Banned

Status
    If it arrives 3 weeks after build week circa 1 March.

1st Gear

Status
    ordered today;

s-tronic / 5dr / glacier white / super sports seats / comfort pack / parking plus / camera / privacy / advanced key / B&O / folding mirrors / mono pur / interior light pack / pano roof / tech pack / tyre pressue / reverse boot mat

unsure about the black styling pack

delivery expected march

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeber View Post
    Ideally I would've chosen a white (probably Amalfi white if I'm honest, I quite like it) but we also have a Tiguan being built this week for SWMBO and she wanted white. Two white cars in the household would've seemed a bit silly.

I have to say, VAG's choices of standard colours is pretty poor, the colour choices on the Mk 7 golf are just embarrassing! I'm pretty annoyed that I couldn't order an S3 in Shiraz red without paying Audi exclusive prices, even though it's an option on the S-line.
    Completely agree. I doubt I would have ordered an S3 if red wasn't available. I might send an email to Audi - hopefully if I order another Audi in 4 years they will have addressed this issue. if few people order the exclusive colour they may get the message.
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

3rd Gear

Status

I love this colour but I doubt id have gone for it as its near identical colour to my current peugeot 307xsi
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    We can now confirm your new Audi has entered the production phase which means we are unable to make any amendments to your order and full production will commence shortly.

When your new Audi is completed we will contact you and advise further.

Kind regards

Donna Macdonald

Sales Administrator

ABERDEEN AUDI

You're receiving this email because you registered with us to find out about our latest special offers.
    If you prefer not to receive emails from us, simply follow this link here to unsubscribe.
    how does this compare with your order date, and quoted build week? I ordered last weekend of October and have a build week of 10. Just trying to gauge how long I have left until my order locks.
    8V S3; Sportback, S-Tronic, Monsoon Grey, Aluminium Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, Supersport Seats, Comfort Pack, Technology Pack High, Bang & Olufsen, Folding, Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Extended Mono.Pur, Parking System Plus, Reversing Camera, Rear Side Airbags, Reversible Boot Mat, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Hold Assist

5th Gear

Status
    My order got locked on Monday 2nd December and I am build week 1, which is w/c 30th December.