• 1 Post By ivicyrusivi
  • 1 Post By snowfree52
  • 1 Post By Jeff777LUFC

Thread: Reversible boot mat / liner?

5th Gear

Status

Reversible boot mat / liner?

Hi Everyone

Anyone got this? I've ordered it on my car in the hope it may be useful for when we have our dog in the boot.

Is it simply a liner that you can turn over with carpet on one side and rubber on the other or does it also act like a load liner - ie have a flap that comes out so you can cover the bumper or rear of the back seats too?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    It's exactly as you say. I was disappointed with mine as it wouldn't protect from any spills and ended up buying another liner. It would probably be great for dogs though.
    pjr likes this.
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro

5th Gear

Status
    Hi, any chance of a photo please?

Neutral

Status
    I found it a bit cumbersome to start with, but its ok when you get it how you want it. I have the boot floor in the lower position, and the rubber side of the liner upwards. The flap is great for folding out and protecting the bumper while the dog jumps in and out ( if you've got them trained to Wait! while you unfurl it! ). Definitely protects the bumper and quality of the boot carpet.

I also attach the dog lead to a lashing point to stop the little sod from jumping in over the back seats whilst wet & muddy!
    A3 Sportback 1.8TFSI S-Line S-Tronic, Daytona Grey, Alum Roof Rails, Tech pack, Comfort pack, Adaptive cruise, Int light pack, Audi sound, DAB, Folding mirrors, Reversable luggage mat, 5yr warranty.

5th Gear

Status
    Sounds quite good then really
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

1st Gear

Status
    I was thinking of getting it for our new lil fella that joins us in December... But then again he's only small, and I wouldn't know what to do with the parcel shelf

I'll probably get a car seat cover and one of those seatbelt harnesses for him
    A3 VBV likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    I'd still be interested in a pic sometime if poss
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    See if towequip have an 8V version of the rubberised plastic liners they have for the 8P, as they're brilliant.

I have many tools in the boot, heavy aswell as sharp & to date in 2 cars not ripped or damaged thus far, also has a nice raised sides for any spills that may occur, really are very good.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Full LED baby !

Status
    Audi parts :

part number is : 8V3061160 for a 3 door
    SB, there are 2 different :
    8V4061180
    8V4061170 (in solid plastic, costs a lot more !)
    A3 3-door TDI 184 Quattro Stronic Brilliant Red : Sline kit - Auxiliary heating - LED headlights - 18" 10-spoke rims - audi connect - magnetic ride - driver assistance package - side assist - rear camera + park assist - alcantara/leather seats - auto dimming mirror - panoramic glass sunroof - towing equipment - electric lumbar support - heated front seats - hold assist - high beam assist - advanced key - B&O sound system etc
    Tuning box DTUK, 235hp/480Nm
    1/4 Mile 13.84 @ 95.2 MPH
    Porsche BBK...

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by snowfree52 View Post
    Audi parts :

8V4061180
    Cool you got any pictures or prices. Looking for one for my S3 SB

Full LED baby !

Status
    Silky-S3 likes this.
    A3 3-door TDI 184 Quattro Stronic Brilliant Red : Sline kit - Auxiliary heating - LED headlights - 18" 10-spoke rims - audi connect - magnetic ride - driver assistance package - side assist - rear camera + park assist - alcantara/leather seats - auto dimming mirror - panoramic glass sunroof - towing equipment - electric lumbar support - heated front seats - hold assist - high beam assist - advanced key - B&O sound system etc
    Porsche BBK...

Full LED baby !

Status
    Porsche BBK...

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Thanks but the A3/S3 accessory brochure on there is for the 8P.

3rd Gear

Status
    Audi parts :

8V4061180
    I got the dealer to chuck in rubber mats and boot liner, the 8V3061160 is what he gave me.

I would say it is a light load boot liner, waterproof and great for spills. I'm not sure how much protection it would give against heavy sharp items though as it is made out of a foam material and not as strong as the rubber floor mats he gave me.
    Fits really snug though and nice and light
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

Full LED baby !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky-S3 View Post
    Thanks but the A3/S3 accessory brochure on there is for the 8P.
    yes I just saw, I have the right brochure but in French, not sure you'll be interested
    Porsche BBK...

5th Gear

Status
    Hi, here has a more up to date accessory listing but no boot liner A3 2012> 8V Chassis Accessories
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

5th Gear

Status
    yes I just saw, I have the right brochure but in French, not sure you'll be interested
    linky??

Full LED baby !

Status
    Porsche BBK...

5th Gear

Status

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cuke2u View Post
    Hi, any chance of a photo please?
    [IMG][/IMG]

You're Welcome

[IMG][/IMG]

It won't sit flush with the floor in the lower position.

[IMG][/IMG]

The carpet side.
    A3 Sportback 1.8TFSI S-Line S-Tronic, Daytona Grey, Alum Roof Rails, Tech pack, Comfort pack, Adaptive cruise, Int light pack, Audi sound, DAB, Folding mirrors, Reversable luggage mat, 5yr warranty.

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks and I appreciate you making the effort but that looks a bit naff to be honest....
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cuke2u View Post
    Thanks and I appreciate you making the effort but that looks a bit naff to be honest....
    Admittedly well used and not fitting in the lower position but yes, looks pretty poor.
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

5th Gear

Status
    Hmmm, not really impressed by the look of that! I think I'll adjust my order to remove it but add on the accessory boot tray 8v4061180 and a pair of rubber front floor mats.

Pity.

5th Gear

Status
    Just out of interest though - does the car come with a hard boot floor too, ie does this sit on top or is it the boot floor? If I didn't cancel my order I'm just wondering if I could choose not to use the reversible bit and still have some kind of floor?

6th Gear

Status
    Several of us ordered a rubberised boot liner from a third party site that works really well - I'm very impressed with it anyway. Works with the boot floor in the lower position (though with the S3 being Quattro I don't think you get the choice to lower the boot floor anyway so that's fairly irrelevant).

Audi A3 Sportback (13 on) :Calix boot liner, black, no. ATL53189.

Thread - http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-...oot-liner.html (Post 24)
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

6th Gear

Status
    (Not reversible though, it should be said)
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Neutral

Status
    The main advantage from my point of view, which this mat offers and the liners don't, is the flap which covers the bumper area. My last car got all scratched up from the dogs, and this really does stop that well. I also use a dog blanket type thing on top of this mat, which makes it look it a bit more comfy etc.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    Just out of interest though - does the car come with a hard boot floor too, ie does this sit on top or is it the boot floor? If I didn't cancel my order I'm just wondering if I could choose not to use the reversible bit and still have some kind of floor?
    The boot floor is a standard rigid carpeted surface like the brochures show. This mat is simply a piece of folded carpet with rubber on the reverse, with the fold out flap.
    As I say, I didn't like it at first, but got it how I want it, and it does its job. It just depends what you want it to do for you.

1st Gear

Status
    am i right in thinking that the quattro doesn't have a adjustable floor level?

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by c.grex View Post
    am i right in thinking that the quattro doesn't have a adjustable floor level?
    That's correct, it needs the extra room for the diff etc
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff777LUFC View Post
    The boot floor is a standard rigid carpeted surface like the brochures show. This mat is simply a piece of folded carpet with rubber on the reverse, with the fold out flap.
    As I say, I didn't like it at first, but got it how I want it, and it does its job. It just depends what you want it to do for you.
    So can you remove the reversible mat and effectively be left with the standard boot covering?
    8V S3; Sportback, S-Tronic, Monsoon Grey, Aluminium Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, Supersport Seats, Comfort Pack, Technology Pack High, Bang & Olufsen, Folding, Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Extended Mono.Pur, Parking System Plus, Reversing Camera, Rear Side Airbags, Reversible Boot Mat, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Hold Assist

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubDan View Post
    So can you remove the reversible mat and effectively be left with the standard boot covering?
    Yes. The mat is purely an additional, removable item.
    VeeDubDan likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    Several of us ordered a rubberised boot liner from a third party site that works really well - I'm very impressed with it anyway. Works with the boot floor in the lower position (though with the S3 being Quattro I don't think you get the choice to lower the boot floor anyway so that's fairly irrelevant).

Audi A3 Sportback (13 on) :Calix boot liner, black, no. ATL53189.

Thread - http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-...oot-liner.html (Post 24)
    Thanks for the link, they are similar to the one I have in my focus..

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks for the clarification Jeff - in that case I will leave it on my order as I can always just choose not to use it if needs be.

Thank goodness for a forum eh!