Worth getting roadside cover?

Schizophonic

Reaction score
Had my first incident as my house mate had his car died on him for the first time and I was a passenger. We just finished work and on our way home and the car slowly died off, we think it was due to a combination with the alternator and battery not working. He didn't have road side cover and had to wait for his friend mechanic to come save the day.

He told me to not bother waiting with him and said you might as well call someone to pick you up.

Anyway it got me thinking if its worth spending some £££ to get some road side cover. I know the 8V is a new car already but does anyone here it on their 8V? Some car insurance do offer this as an optional extra or comes with some house insurance or advance bank account holders but is it really needed for a new car?

Doesn't it come with 'Audi Roadside Assisstance' or something anyway? I can't remember the details. My last car came with 3 years RAC cover from new as well.

Is that standard policy?

P 83 of the A3 brochure:

Audi A3 Brochure said:
Audi Roadside Assistance

Your new car comes complete with 3 years’ complimentary roadside assistance and recovery across the UK, provided by RAC Motoring Services. Also included is roadside assistance throughout Europe, managed by RAC Motoring Services. For further information and terms and conditions please visit audi.co.uk.

Audi insurance and the breakdown they offer will be different as its not offered by Audi. If you've got a car brochure have a look in the back it will tell you about it in there.

But all NEW Audi come with "3 years complimentary raodside assistance and recovery across the UK provided by RAC motoring services. Also included is roadside assistance throughout Europe, managed by RAC Motoring Services"