Badger5EM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

Finally got my build week. :).

Hi everyone,

Love the forum and check every day. Put my 1.4 COD S-Line Sportback for order back on 1st Sept and have just got my build estimate of week 5. This should give me delivery on or around March. It's so long to wait but won't hurt to wait alittle longer. Aaarrrgghhhg. .

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    C.O.D. S Line. Sport back, great choice (see my signature below)
    what colour / options did you go for?
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

1st Gear

Status
    Im on a week provisional build week 4 so looks like your car will be just behind mine
    On Order - Audi S3 SB S-tronic, Estoril Blue, Black Alcantara Leather, Aluminium Roof Rails, Advance Key, ACC, LED Lights, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Non-Smoking Pack, Parking System Plus, Reverse Camera, B+O Sound System, Electric Folding Mirrors, Privacy Glass, Electric Lumbar + Adjustable Seats, High Beam Assist, Hill Hold, Load Through, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Tech Pack High with Audi Connect!!!

Provisional Build Week 4!

3rd Gear

Status
    That's a hell of a long wait! I ordered around the same time as you but got a build week 10 weeks sooner and even that long a wait has been driving me nuts. I wish you luck with your long vigil...
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

Neutral

Status
    Specs:

1.4 COD S-Line Sportback
    Daytona Grey
    Hill Hold Assist
    Audi Sound
    Interior Lighting Pack
    Non-Smoking Pack
    SD Sat Nav
    Advanced Parking Sensors
    Comfort Pack

5th Gear

Status
    Very nice - saw a saloon in derby in Daytona and it looked tasty.

Have also heard the audi sound system and it's a very nice compromise between the excellent b&o and regular system. At least it comes with a sub!

Interior LEDs and comfort pack are no brainers - must haves obviously

Neutral

Status
    Oh yea. I also added aluminium roof rails as I think will finish things off nicely and I'll need extra storage in coming years. .

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cpettigrew View Post
    Specs:

1.4 COD S-Line Sportback
    Daytona Grey
    Hill Hold Assist
    Audi Sound
    Interior Lighting Pack
    Non-Smoking Pack
    SD Sat Nav
    Advanced Parking Sensors
    Comfort Pack
    nice spec. Quite a few are same as my choices, and Daytona is one of the best colours as well.
    I haven't added sat nav, but is one of the only options it is just as easy to add later
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedsoff View Post
    Im on a week provisional build week 4 so looks like your car will be just behind mine
    I'm also week 4

5th Gear

Status
    This doesn't sound right somehow.

I just got my build week of 7 come through and I ordered yesterday.

For you to have build week 4 ordering on the 1st Sept, what's going on???? Did your dealer sit on the order for a while??
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    This doesn't sound right somehow.

I just got my build week of 7 come through and I ordered yesterday.

For you to have build week 4 ordering on the 1st Sept, what's going on???? Did your dealer sit on the order for a while??
    My understanding is that they have a certain number of build slots for certain cars and that generally they are allocated to dealers. That is, if you order an S3, there are fewer build slots available so the wait will be longer but will be dealer dependent. For example, when I ordered my 184 quattro/stronic last week, my build week was given as W4 as the dealer I am buying off had a slot for that week with a (I guess a quattro/stronic) slot in.

If I had wanted an S3, the build slot from the same dealer would have been after May as the last person who ordered an S3 through them has a build slot of May. In talking to my local dealer, they had (as of last week) a free S3 build slot of February that I could have had.

At a guess, the dealer will take an order with an unconfirmed build date and they will check regularly for a released build slot from another dealer for that spec (I don't know how "pre-defined" in terms of spec the build slots are). If a dealer can't fulfil their allocated slot, I guess it is then passed to other dealers who can fulfil the slot as the build date nears.

All pure conjecture, but does match what people are seeing - i.e. variable build dates and lead times.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by arad85 View Post
    My understanding is that they have a certain number of build slots for certain cars and that generally they are allocated to dealers. That is, if you order an S3, there are fewer build slots available so the wait will be longer but will be dealer dependent. For example, when I ordered my 184 quattro/stronic last week, my build week was given as W4 as the dealer I am buying off had a slot for that week with a (I guess a quattro/stronic) slot in.

If I had wanted an S3, the build slot from the same dealer would have been after May as the last person who ordered an S3 through them has a build slot of May. In talking to my local dealer, they had (as of last week) a free S3 build slot of February that I could have had.

At a guess, the dealer will take an order with an unconfirmed build date and they will check regularly for a released build slot from another dealer for that spec (I don't know how "pre-defined" in terms of spec the build slots are). If a dealer can't fulfil their allocated slot, I guess it is then passed to other dealers who can fulfil the slot as the build date nears.

All pure conjecture, but does match what people are seeing - i.e. variable build dates and lead times.
    I also heard the same story so most probably correct.

3rd Gear

Status
    How close to the build week does that build week become "confirmed" as opposed to "estimated"? As far as I know I am week 47 but have never been told that is 100% locked in.
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

Neutral

Status
    I was pestering the sales team every week to get progress to which they said that it's in the build system just not allocated with a week. My salesman was on holiday for 4 weeks and either it was his covers idiocy or simply coincidence but as soon as he got back he called me to say I now have a date. Either way I'm happy that will be delivered within a week or so of new plates.

My sales guy said that audi will try to get as many cars ready for plate changes so they can get as many new plate cars on the road. At least I'll get to go to a new plate party thing .

5th Gear

Status
    New plate party thing
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

Neutral

Status
    Hahah. It's the small things in life