what am I supposed to do for 8 hours?

davejinx

Reaction score
After ordering my S3 SB back on the 24th of June, and the lovely people on audi-sport.net helping to tick the time away in the interim, pick-up day is finally here!!! :w00t:

Unfortunately, pick-up time isn't until 5:30pm (dealer imposed - I'd have picked it up at 9am).... /me drums fingers on table... what to do? I suppose I'm technically at work (from home), but that's not going to cut it. Maybe I should go say goodbye to the old A3 that's been serving me so well over the past few years...

Reactions: Jeff777LUFC, Danners78, RobbieWebs and 3 others
My favourite is to find a tennis ball and throw it at a wall, catching it in alternate hands and trying to get to a big round number without dropping it. Try 100 to start with. Good luck my friend!

Reactions: Buneet, Jeff777LUFC, RobbieWebs and 3 others
Go to the pub at 11, drink copious amounts of alcohol.
Phone ur dealer at 17.20 and tell them u can't make it and ul pic it up first thing.
Smile at ur victory.
Wake up with a hangover and pick up the car.
Sorry that sounds like my typical Monday lol

Reactions: TDI-line, Lmg and davejinx
I like that idea, at least youll be able to collect when YOU want to.
However I would be wondering who took the car home that evening, and would be visiting the showroom after ours to check on it..

Mixed with drink that could be bad..

Reactions: Lmg, davejinx and RobbieWebs
After ordering my S3 SB back on the 24th of June, and the lovely people on audi-sport.net helping to tick the time away in the interim, pick-up day is finally here!!! :w00t:

Unfortunately, pick-up time isn't until 5:30pm (dealer imposed - I'd have picked it up at 9am).... /me drums fingers on table... what to do? I suppose I'm technically at work (from home), but that's not going to cut it. Maybe I should go say goodbye to the old A3 that's been serving me so well over the past few years...

I get mine at 17:00; but I will be at work until then so hope time passes smoothly.
Mind you we've both waited over 4 months, so a couple of hours more IS JUST TOO MUCH AND I WANT THE CAR NOW!!!:sob:

Enjoy it, although it will be dark when we get them. Pics asap?

Reactions: Johnnyb, paullowther, RobbieWebs and 2 others
some 'amazing' suggestions there, thanks; I'll keep you posted on progress :)

Deal on the pics NQW; where're you picking up from? I'm heading to Nottingham Audi...

U know everyone on this forum are pic junkies.
Goes without saying :p
Best of luck picking up ur motors guys :)
Jealous much ;)

Reactions: Sandra
Good luck collecting today guys, would worry me that at 5 or 5.30 it will be dark so will not be able to give the car a thorough looking over before driving off if its parked on the forecourt rather than in the showroom

At least ul get to see the new headlights in action.
And the lush interior lighting, hopefully u got interior lighting and b&o .... Mmmmm :)

Good luck collecting today guys, would worry me that at 5 or 5.30 it will be dark so will not be able to give the car a thorough looking over before driving off if its parked on the forecourt rather than in the showroom

I know what you mean, but I believe the car will be under wraps in the 'handover room', so I should be able to inspect it under full lighting. Given today's weather, it should be better than daylight/outside :)

Oh, and I'll endeavour to go mad with the camera for all the picture junkies ;)

Reactions: Johnnyb, Sandra, RobbieWebs and 2 others
Good luck mate and looking forward to the estoril pics :icon_thumright:

Less than two hours to go! My best option would of been as much sleep as possible, then you could of been driving it all night :D

Reactions: Lmg and Sandra
Guys, have a great time, not long to go now, and all us picture junkies are waiting patiently. Enjoy the handover guys. :) x

Reactions: RobbieWebs and Johnnyb
very very nice Welsh, well done for excluding the privacy glass, Audi glass is slightly tinted anyway and it makes the car look more uniform.

very very nice Welsh, well done for excluding the privacy glass, Audi glass is slightly tinted anyway and it makes the car look more uniform.

Tinted glass was something I spec'ed and then knock off when I changed from 3 door to 5 door for that reason, (better on 3 door in my opinion as more of a difference to front and back windows) good to hear someone else thinks same, as only option I am still not 100% I made right decision on. but building next week so too late to change now.

ps looks very cool notquitewelsh !

Reactions: Louay
Awesome!! MORE PICS NEEDED!!!! :hubbahubba:

Looks amazing mate, you must be well chuffed.

Is that Brilliant Red I see there?? Hope so as that's what I've ordered in a SB. I have gone for privacy glass but less so for the look, more so for giving the dog some additional comfort in the summer months when she's in the boot.

Ok, sorry for the delay in getting back on the forum!

First of all, because I know it's what you're really interested in, here's a quick few pics taken on my phone this morning (sorry for quality etc).
WP 20131029 001WP 20131029 002WP 20131029 003WP 20131029 004

Reactions: davesimmo, NotquiteWelsh, Battlekrapz and 6 others
I wasn't driving away from the dealer's until 6pm, drove straight home, got changed for football, played football (was tempted to cancel so I could play with the car, but we were short on numbers), then drove up to my mum and dad's north of Nottingham where I got to try some twisty stuff and put my foot down a little - although the dealer told me to try and stay under 4K revs for the first 500-1000 miles.

Awesome is a much over-used word, and has kinda lost its meaning, but this car is really, truly awesome; I'm sooo pleased with it!

Reactions: Battlekrapz, Toadoftoadhall, Lmg and 3 others
Handover was a bit of an anti-climax, and although I could see other people getting the silk sheet/handover room experience whilst I was waiting for my sales man, I got taken outside (in the dark) to be presented my car in the drizzle.... thanks for that Nottingham Audi!

Handover was a bit of an anti-climax, and although I could see other people getting the silk sheet/handover room experience whilst I was waiting for my sales man, I got taken outside (in the dark) to be presented my car in the drizzle.... thanks for that Nottingham Audi!

This is kind of what I'm expecting when I receive my car because I screwed my dealer on price!

This is kind of what I'm expecting when I receive my car because I screwed my dealer on price!

Yea, I did screw them down on price too (about 8% initially and then haggled down the monthly PCP), but the girl I was initially dealing with, who the sale was placed with and was really helpful, left the dealership a couple of weeks ago, and I think the guy that took over couldn't care less because it wasn't his commission...

Love the color, not too sure about the grill, probably because i dont own one... (not jealous at all honest...)

Ignore the low revs for 500-1000 miles, but make sure its properly warmed up before giving it beans!

Reactions: davejinx
Loving the colour - looks great!

Interior shots are required too you know!!!!

Pity about the handover - not what you want when paying this kind of cash out. Oh well, at least you've got it now.

Ok, sorry for the delay in getting back on the forum!

First of all, because I know it's what you're really interested in, here's a quick few pics taken on my phone this morning (sorry for quality etc).
View attachment 22563View attachment 22564View attachment 22565View attachment 22566

Good things come to people who wait! Certainly seems you waited for the right thing :)!

Looks nice and flush... For sure something you're going to have fun with for a good few years :D

Heh, did you see my car while you were there? It's at Nottingham Audi at the moment :p

Yea, I did screw them down on price too (about 8% initially and then haggled down the monthly PCP), but the girl I was initially dealing with, who the sale was placed with and was really helpful, left the dealership a couple of weeks ago, and I think the guy that took over couldn't care less because it wasn't his commission...

Irrespective of the price or the sales rep you should still get a minimum standard of service, handing over the car in the dark and drizzle does seem to be below that accetpable level. You may well get a call form Audi UK as part of the post sales process where they willl ask you for feedback so you might get a chance to provide your feedback. Alternatively, if you felt you got a poor hand over day servcie you could go back to the dealer directly or go straight to Audi UK customer service.

Last edited:

Shocking!
Should have been handed over inside under a sheet especially because it was dark and raining.
Was there a reason why urs was handed over that way? I.e lots of customers picking up cars?
Not as if u were buying an A1, but the top spec A3 just now :(
Really if they couldn't be ***** giving u a decent handover they should have let u pick up the car at 9am instead of making u wait all day!

Shocking!
Should have been handed over inside under a sheet especially because it was dark and raining.
Was there a reason why urs was handed over that way? I.e lots of customers picking up cars?
Not as if u were buying an A1, but the top spec A3 just now :(
Really if they couldn't be ***** giving u a decent handover they should have let u pick up the car at 9am instead of making u wait all day!

Absolutely right! I had assumed they made you wait till the evening so that the place was less busy and they had time and space to do a proper handover.

Reactions: RobbieWebs
some more pics (phone again, sry); some of the sunny ones really show the different a little sun can make to the Estoril.

WP 20131029 005WP 20131029 007WP 20131029 009WP 20131029 010WP 20131029 008WP 20131029 011WP 20131029 012WP 20131029 013

Reactions: davesimmo, NotquiteWelsh, chute1860 and 5 others